Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

New Zealand is in the South Pacific who had a few of their inhabitants working in Earl's Court bars needing to get home. We're an integral part the European continent and with close connections with America and hosting some of the busiest airports on the planet. A better comparison would be with Germany, who admittedly have done far better. 

Aye, but who won the war?

11 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Tell me this is real.

I JUST GOOGLED AND LOOK WHO WROTE IT

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 19.27.33.png

ETA: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/neil-oliver-you-cant-cover-up-why-face-masks-are-wearing-a-bit-thin-xgkwfs2jw here's the link because that screenshot makes it more believable that I made it using a generator

Edited by NotThePars

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

ETA: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/neil-oliver-you-cant-cover-up-why-face-masks-are-wearing-a-bit-thin-xgkwfs2jw here's the link because that screenshot makes it more believable that I made it using a generator

He's absolutely worked out that getting himself cancelled is a cash cow hasn't he?

1465977517_Screenshot2020-09-21at19_27_33.png.71d9615b51d8d383a098e97064360113.png

I wonder how many begging letters he's fired off to "I'm a Celeb" producers [emoji23]

34 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

What's worse, sincerely believing this sort of thing or accepting payment to pretend you do?

I wonder if the SG and WM recognise the need for some pragmatism in whatever measures they announce.  If restrictions are (in the eyes of Joe Public) too extreme, then many will choose to ignore them - 6 months of lockdown and restrictions will have eroded the patience of many.  If they can give a little (for example, curfews, no mixing households indoors etc. but keeping things open) then it might be easier to stomach and stick to.    Certainly the SG seem to be suggesting indoor gatherings in people's homes are to blame, so I suspect that will get banned but I've not heard much about other businesses having to close.  The economic damage caused in the spring and the fact that Furlough is winding down (with no money to approach anywhere near the same level as before) also may frame the thinking behind the decisions.

That all being said, knowing the Scottish govt. expect them to announce a two week lock down that will turn into 6 months.  Apart from schools...

24 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I wonder how many begging letters he's fired off to "I'm a Celeb" producers emoji23.png

Aye, he's gone full Katie Hopkins. The market for pretendy historian (have scarf, will travel) documentaries must have dried up.

Edited by welshbairn

55 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Is he a TV pulmonologist as well as a TV historian now?

Surely if there's a two week lockdown, surely it'd be an idea to go all in - close everything, no going out at all (including exercise) and that sort of thing.  Doubt that'll happen of course.

If it’s mid October the weather will be most likely shite anyway.

However, it was fucking boiling during lockdown so it’ll end up being like Lanzarote.

39 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Surely if there's a two week lockdown, surely it'd be an idea to go all in - close everything, no going out at all (including exercise) and that sort of thing.  Doubt that'll happen of course.

How do folk eat?

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Going by the leaks this is nothing like a full lockdown.

It seems to primarily aimed at curtailing people meeting up socially indoors.

Yep.

If it involves money, it goes ahead.

If it's something folk can do for free, it'll be banned.

Thank f**k the chat about the extended household seems to be that it's continuing. I genuinely thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown in May / June.

19 hours ago, Gaz said:

Yeah, that's not going to happen. (curtailing October holidays)

Don't think it will either...but the 'schools must remain at full capacity' zealots, have been murmuring about it on social media.

Just now, Jedi said:

Don't think it will either...but the 'schools must remain at full capacity' zealots, have been murmuring about it on social media.

Doesn't matter how much they've been moaning about it. Teachers will refuse to work through their holidays, and quite right too.