Coronavirus (COVID-19)

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Being roaring drunk during the day is glorious.

Alpen Lodge blazing the trail for covid era pubs to follow.

f**k aye. 

Nothing better than coming off a strange shift and being blootered by 3PM. The looks of disgust from the average office types is fab. (Or envious looks from office types with a drink problem) 

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Its fucked we're all dead. Its a tragedy that defies description having this government at this time.

You know New Zealand has had 22 deaths. If you had the same death rate in the UK it would be about 300. We have about seventy thousand, and are now entering a second wave, and winter. 

Literally over 99% of these deaths have been avoidable and could have been prevented.  We are no different to NZ, we are an island, we saw it coming, we had the same amount of time they did to prepare. That's how bad a job they've done. 

All modelling shows lockdown 11 days earlier would have prevented about 90% of deaths, and 15 days earlier 99% of them wouldn't have happened if followed by adequate test/trace when lockdown was lifted. 

New Zealand is in the South Pacific who had a few of their inhabitants working in Earl's Court bars needing to get home. We're an integral part the European continent and with close connections with America and hosting some of the busiest airports on the planet. A better comparison would be with Germany, who admittedly have done far better. 

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

New Zealand is in the South Pacific who had a few of their inhabitants working in Earl's Court bars needing to get home. We're an integral part the European continent and with close connections with America and hosting some of the busiest airports on the planet. A better comparison would be with Germany, who admittedly have done far better. 

Germany isn't an island.  We had exactly the same amount of time to see it coming that NZ did, and exactly the same geography. We can 100% control everything and everyone that comes into the UK, if we choose to. We can close those airports, and borders, and ports.  We didn't, for far too long. Its inexcusable. 

13 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Germany isn't an island.  Correct. 1/1.We had exactly the same amount of time to see it coming that NZ did incorrect- nz announced travel restrictions om 14 march when they had 6 cases. Uk had 200 new cases on that date. 1/2 , and exactly the same geography we are 20 miles from our continental neighbours and also have a land border.  1/3. We can 100% control everything and everyone that comes into the UK, if we choose to. LOL. 1/4 We can close those airports, and borders, and ports.  Maybe hypothetically but a practical impossibility.  Half a mark. We didn't, for far too long. Its inexcusable. It's. 

Must try harder. Fail

23 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Germany isn't an island.  We had exactly the same amount of time to see it coming that NZ did, and exactly the same geography. We can 100% control everything and everyone that comes into the UK, if we choose to. We can close those airports, and borders, and ports.  We didn't, for far too long. Its inexcusable. 

Is there talk of  closing the borders? I'm out the country and an extended stay would be lovely. Football and music in pubs which makes such a difference, mask up in shops and on transport.  Same rate here as in Scotland but nobody doing their dinger or trying to be non compliant. 

14 minutes ago, coprolite said:

First of all mate, you aren't the arbiter of anything, or an expert in any of this.  Secondly learn how to fucking post.

Thirdly who gives the slightest f**k when the first case was in a country, we all saw it in China at the same time, had the same information from the WHO. 

We are an island, 20 miles or 20 thousand makes no difference whatsoever, we can completely, 100% control who and what comes onto this island. We have the means to do so, making us in an identical position. Ireland isn't part of what we're discussing here, typical fandan deflection.

A practical impossiblity except for all the other countries that did it. 

Look mate, you're an arsehole. I don't have the patience for fannies like you.  Zip it and f**k off. 

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

First of all mate, you aren't the arbiter of anything, or an expert in any of this  incorrect 0/1.  Secondly learn how to fucking post innovative wasn't it? 

Thirdly who gives the slightest f**k when the first case was in a country, we all saw it in China at the same time, had the same information from the WHO. No. Nz was behind the curve so had more idea what to expect. When we had 6 cases it was more, but not entirely, unknown. 

We are an island, 20 miles or 20 thousand makes no difference whatsoever, we can completely, 100% control who and what comes onto this island. We have the means to do so, making us in an identical position. Ireland isn't part of what we're discussing here, typical fandan deflection. Part of Ireland is what we're discussing surely? 

A practical impossiblity except for all the other countries that did it. Name one. 

Look mate, you're an arsehole. Well well,  even a stopped clock ...1/2.I don't have the patience for fannies like you.  Zip it and f**k off.  That's very unkind, i have nothing but respect for your half baked drivel. X

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Got to agree with being absolutely minging by the time that others are coming out for a 'normal' evening session is glorious.

Afternoon drinking is the mutts nuts.

The pub I drank in (the most) had another couple of regulars who were twins.

I was in it and Hughie was in in his sports jacket and slacks. He left at some point and then I saw Johnny in his working overalls. I had often seen men in the pub in their work clothes and then seen them later on dressed up, but never the other way round. I decided I had been in the pub too long and it was time to go home.

It was only later I discovered they were twins.

A big favourite of the genre is going into some wee bunker like the Bier Halle and coming out again, absolutely ripped with zero idea of the time, and finding it to be broad daylight and still filled with shoppers
Anyone who was of swallying age in Glasgow in the 90s may have encountered this phenomenon in the days of the Bonkers Big Office Party.

Leave the premises blootered at 8 or 9pm on a sunny summer Friday evening, thinking it was about 2am after a 3 hour sesh on the pound pints and ten bob haufs.