Coronavirus (COVID-19)

32 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

When you read about the long term effects of Covid-19 and you consider that the PM was in intensive care for a period coupled with his conspicuous absence you do start to wonder a bit about his health.

When you read about his failure to take responsibility for anything in his career or indeed his unknown number of illegitimate children then you no longer start to wonder why he is running away from yet another f**k-up of his own making. 

50 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I can't help but suspect that something's going on with Boris. The past couple of weeks he's been wittering complete contradictory nonsense, not really going in front of the media very much, rumours of discontent among Tory MP's with his leadership, reports last week of "financial issues", now the latest of this Perugia trip last weekend. I know he's a sleekit b*****d generally but still. As leader of the "party of self-responsibility" he's never been the best for taking responsibility for his own actions but for some reason I think there's something more to it, but can't quite put my finger on it. 

He seems to hate the job he's wanted for the best part of the last decade, so just doesn't do it and leaves it for someone else. As you allude to, he is a serial abdicator where responsibility is concerned. 

However the below is I think certainly a factor here: 

34 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

When you read about the long term effects of Covid-19 and you consider that the PM was in intensive care for a period coupled with his conspicuous absence you do start to wonder a bit about his health.

There's been several rumours of this, including but not limited to him taking prolonged afternoon naps as he struggled to recover. Always denied by No.10, of course. 

Even prior to Covid I wasn't convinced he kept brilliant health. He's only mid-50s, but is often stooped whilst walking and generally looks older than his years 

If an indoor setting is poorly ventilated, crowded and no one is wearing face coverings, it is best to avoid it

Hmmmm

Edited by Gaz

33 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

If you were only allowed 5 people in your P&B 'bubble', which forum members would you choose?

@Sergeant Wilson

@Melanius Mullarkey

@kingjoey

@Dee Man

@topcat(The most tip top)

I could really do with 10, tbqh, maybe I'll just break the rules like everyone else.

Edited by Jacksgranda

I've little wonder folks aren't really aware of what's happening with lockdowns and rules etc given that this briefing this morning is giving a lot of technical detail but at this time no actual actions that are being taken. I understand it's not finished yet but placing key messaging into a briefing of this type 'hides; the key messaging - a lot of folks will have turned off by now.

For me it should be key messages first, back up data after - this seems to be the other way round...

1 minute ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

I've little wonder folks aren't really aware of what's happening with lockdowns and rules etc given that this briefing this morning is giving a lot of technical detail but at this time no actual actions that are being taken. I understand it's not finished yet but placing key messaging into a briefing of this type 'hides; the key messaging - a lot of folks will have turned off by now.

For me it should be key messages first, back up data after - this seems to be the other way round...

This is all part of warming us up to the new restrictions.

Lockdown part 2 - but keep working.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is all part of warming us up to the new restrictions.

Lockdown part 2 - but keep working.

Spot on.

DOES YOUR ACTIVITY BENEFIT THE ECONOMY? IF NO, THEN DON'T DO IT

8 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Aye, my wife's given up and is doing something else, I'm only half watching now, these two aren't the guys for getting across key messages.