Coronavirus (COVID-19)

That's our local Morrisons reintroduced the queuing systems with limited access again, a few angry roasters giving the poor door restriction staff pelters after massive queues formed. Bog roll and bleach runs imminent no doubt

I forgot to buy toilet roll yesterday. Hopefully they hold off on the panic buying until tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Remember when Thomas Cook went bust and lovely Hays Travel bought it and saved all the jobs? Lovely cuddly... Contact Tracing with no training... Sacking 900 staff... Hays Travel?

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/revealed-travel-agent-lands-fresh-serco-test-and-trace-work-despite-staff-training-concerns/

How many subbies do Serco fucking have? What a fucking shambles.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Maybe folk will start treating this situation a bit more seriously now.

Just wear a fucking mask.

Glad I'm not the only one who finds that show utter pish. Weirdly enough the only people I know who find this show funny are those in the categories more at risk from Covid 19. 

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-breaking-self-isolation-to-be-made-illegal-in-bid-to-tackle-second-spike-12076577
Who had "issue fines" in the sweepstake for next measures? Good luck enforcing that it for starters.

With no working App to regulate those who are positive in England this isn’t going to work.

6 minutes ago, mizfit said:

With no working App to regulate those who are positive in England this isn’t going to work.

I don't see how it would work even with an effective app. Unless the government can identify your location at any given time and carries out the necessary spot check and sees you aren't isolating, that won't work. 

I guess if you dingy the calls from track and trace they'll probably start seeing what you're up to and might pay a visit. 

Edited by Michael W

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

But none of their rich pals get richer so that’s a no go.

Plus it means the pesky Scots have shown them up again.

Exactly mate, let's offer it up and watch them squirm. 

25 minutes ago, Michael W said:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-breaking-self-isolation-to-be-made-illegal-in-bid-to-tackle-second-spike-12076577

Who had "issue fines" in the sweepstake for next measures? Good luck enforcing that it for starters.

22 minutes ago, mizfit said:

16 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I don't see how it would work even with an effective app. Unless the government can identify your location at any given time and carries out the necessary spot check and sees you aren't isolating, that won't work. 

I guess if you dingy the calls from track and trace they'll probably start seeing what you're up to and might pay a visit. 

They don't need to enforce it, they don't even need it to actually work.

No law is followed by 100% of people. But enough people will follow it for it to (hopefully) make a difference, regardless of whether it's enforced or not.

As restrictions are set to tighten once more, and a winter-long cycle of increasingly ineffective and widely-ignored lockdowns, punctuated by half-arsed occasional relaxations, looms, with the daily telling off from headmistress Sturgeon creating a feedback loop - an infinitely regressing mise en abyme of monotonous chastisement - it’s important to cast away negative thoughts and surf that second wave with a positive attitude.

Reasons to be Cheerful Part 1: 
As someone whose businesses fall exclusively within the most badly Covid-affected sectors (hospitality, live music, nightclubs and events services), at least I can console myself with the fact that I don‘t own a ****ing soft play centre.