Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Fudging the numbers is only fudging the numbers, it doesn't change the amount of people in hospital as a result of catching the virus.
Fudging numbers like this is nearly always politically motivated.

Thought so. Makes not an iota of difference, the poor patients have had C19 and are still I'll with another ailment can't see a lot of signifcance other than stats manipulation.

With a response like this, what hope have we got. Being so flippant about mental health at a time when people are struggling even more than usual. What a heartless bitch 
246A2974-53F1-4F61-8742-2FB3F05AF2FD.thumb.png.3c351589efc97be00c5177586916673e.png

As mentioned above, i really dont think that is such an outrageous point. Most people will be having a rotten time at the moment. Clearly some more than others.

Right. But your post was talking about the governments handling of the COVID situation then you said "they" would rush out a vaccine. Who are they, and how exactly do you "rush" a vaccine through testing? Even if we are speeding up the process due to the urgency of the situation, it's impossible to throw out a vaccine "without knowing if it'll work". Obviously there might be side affects in some patients, as there is with all vaccines.

Calm down

Fudging the numbers is only fudging the numbers, it doesn't change the amount of people in hospital as a result of catching the virus.
Fudging numbers like this is nearly always politically motivated.

Is it not the case that some of them tested positive for Covid during routine testing on admission but going in for something completely unrelated as opposed to 'as a result of catching the virus'?

Had the final page to book a test open on my desktop today. To try and book a test in the Dundee area. Really weird in that when it does allow a booking there are 100s of test available over the course of the next 8 hours. Then the site goes down as though there are no test available. Then it might come back up still with 100s of tests. Then it will be down again.
Down probably 95% of the time.
No wonder its confusing.
Shambolic.

14 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

What exactly is your beef with that statement?  Its content or who it was delivered by?

The response, whilst I imagine not intending to insult anyone, is basically: other people are suffering too. That is indeed true, but it's not really helpful, is it? Indeed one might feel that their own mental health issues are being trivialised. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

The response, whilst I imagine not intending to insult anyone, is basically: other people are suffering too. That is indeed true, but it's not really helpful, is it? Indeed one might feel that their own mental health issues are being trivialised. 

Yeah a "suck it up like everyone else" attitude is the type of "man up" message I thought we were trying to move away from

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The response, whilst I imagine not intending to insult anyone, is basically: other people are suffering too.

I'd have thought it would be a message that some on here would be wise to take on board.

8 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Had the final page to book a test open on my desktop today. To try and book a test in the Dundee area. Really weird in that when it does allow a booking there are 100s of test available over the course of the next 8 hours. Then the site goes down as though there are no test available. Then it might come back up still with 100s of tests. Then it will be down again.
Down probably 95% of the time.
No wonder its confusing.
Shambolic.

Have you got Covid symptoms? Just that my sister has just flown over from New Zealand and wants to have a test before moving in and looking after our ancient mother, but I haven't found any way of getting one without lying about it. Neither Hong Kong or NZ are on the quarantine list but she's doing it anyway.

Aye, I'm sitting here boiling with rage that some nugget fae Airdrie doesn't understand how a vaccine is created.

To be fair, i probably don’t really understand. Not a line of work i am in. However, it does seem like they are trying to rush out a vaccine. Clearly this is understandable given the circumstances but its not really something i would be rushing to take should the need arise

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Have you got Covid symptoms? Just that my sister has just flown over from New Zealand and wants to have a test before moving in and looking after our ancient mother, but I haven't found any way of getting one without lying about it. Neither Hong Kong or NZ are on the quarantine list but she's doing it anyway.

Suppose the ethical thing would be to pay for one, think its about £130. Besides that she’d have to lie to get one. 

8 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Do you need Bluetooth on for the app to receive notifications?

You need Bluetooth on in order for the tracking part of the app to work so it knows which other app users you've been in contact with and for how long etc. To receive a notification that a contact has tested positive, that won't rely on Bluetooth but wifi/mobile network.

https://protect.scot/how-it-works

10 minutes ago, Aufc said:

To be fair, i probably don’t really understand. Not a line of work i am in. However, it does seem like they are trying to rush out a vaccine. Clearly this is understandable given the circumstances but its not really something i would be rushing to take should the need arise

Who are you talking about when you say "they"? Government? Scientists? The illuminati?

16 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Thats defin-ay-tely what was meant.

No agenda to see here, move along now. 

Whether it was meant that way or not, it could easily be interpreted that way.

No surprise to see you taking the side of the #ZeroCovid fantasist, though.

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Suppose the ethical thing would be to pay for one, think its about £130. Besides that she’d have to lie to get one. 

We'd be happy to do that but you keep hearing about footballers getting false positives and having to go for an NHS test to sort it out. If she gets a false positive that's my holiday fucked. I'll look into it though.

No but one of my employees needs to book a test for one of his family. As I work in the internet all day it was not difficult to refresh that page every 10 minutes. Then I tell him. As soon as he gets on it's down again. As I say a shambles.