Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Given that we are tightening restrictions purely on the basis of PCR testing, Leitch describing the test itself as "a bit rubbish" is an incredibly poor choice of language.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18711279.scotlands-health-chiefs-astonishing-admission-coronavirus-tests-bit-rubbish/

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

What duration is involved for the app?

And how does it judge distance? You can pick up the Bluetooth of people in other cars for example. 

It won't tell you that you have covid, just that you've been within 2m of someone who does for 15 mins or more. You'd then go and get tested.

29 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I've said it before, I'm dreading it.

A larger number of people unemployed with the stress of making ends meet, it could be an absolutely horrible time for some.

For some reason companies start paying off workers close just before the Christmas Holidays.

Im not a christian and my wee guy is two, so i dont really have a huge attachment to it or feel pressure the way older parents do. That said I think this christmas will be awful. 

My apologies for being so one dimensional, but was just wondering if the delay on fans returning to sports stadia had any effect on the Highland League? 

I know the HL season isn’t due to start until October 17th, so I’m hoping that these further measures haven’t put a spanner in the works there.

My apologies for being so one dimensional, but was just wondering if the delay on fans returning to sports stadia had any effect on the Highland League? 

I know the HL season isn’t due to start until October 17th, so I’m hoping that these further measures haven’t put a spanner in the works there.
Not directly just means crowds now wont be considered until 5 October at the earliest so for a 17 October restart no change for now.

Guest bernardblack
So playing golf with three others, playing football or going to a gym class with a dozen others is fine but meeting two friends at the same time or seeing parents and siblings isn't. It all feels very contradictory.

Assuming these things will also not be allowed now, if you are from more than two households.

It applies to pubs now

17 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Given that we are tightening restrictions purely on the basis of PCR testing, Leitch describing the test itself as "a bit rubbish" is an incredibly poor choice of language.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18711279.scotlands-health-chiefs-astonishing-admission-coronavirus-tests-bit-rubbish/

f**k knows what he'd have to say to please you, he repeated word for word what you've been droning on about for weeks.

Speaking in a web Q&A for members of the business body FSB Scotland, Mr Leitch was asked about the different kinds of coronavirus tests available, and if businesses might be able to rapidly test workers to check if they have Covid-19.

He replied: “Yes, I think that will come. The science is not ready for that yet. I think a number of things will happen.

“Remember, the first, the most important test we're doing just now is the antigen test - looking for virus.

"Now the test just now is a bit rubbish. It is positive if it finds live virus, or remnants of dead virus, it can't tell the difference. "So you could still be shedding virus six weeks after you have had the infection, and still get a positive test, and you're not infectious.

“So the test we have just now is a bit rubbish, and the science is trying to improve that test all the time.”

He added: “That's why you hear us talk about testing a lot. It's very important, but it's not the only important thing.”

Have just been told we can expect to be doing 1 week home working 1 week in the office for atleast the next 12-18 months which has gotten me down a bit, not that I like being in the office home working is great. More the realisation the world isn’t going to be back to normal by the magic early-mid 2021 people are talking about.

1 minute ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Have just been told we can expect to be doing 1 week home working 1 week in the office for atleast the next 12-18 months which has gotten me down a bit, not that I like being in the office home working is great. More the realisation the world isn’t going to be back to normal by the magic early-mid 2021 people are talking about.

I got my head around that I wont be seeing a live game in a ground ages ago after seeing new zealand back to no crowds 

6 minutes ago, MrMartinBlack9 said:

I'm still hoping they'll have a different strategy for non SPFL football, the problems are completely different. From what she said it's probably unlikely we'll get into any friendlies before the season starts, but otherwise no change.

3 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

the world isn’t going to be back to normal by the magic early-mid 2021 people are talking about.

It was never likely to. For all the talk of the benefit of a bit of hope, the reality is that it's probably much more mentally healthy to accept that we're not even at the end-in-sight stage yet. False hope is a damaging thing. It's better to accept reality and work with it.

1 minute ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Have also heard murmurings the ban on evictions may end up getting extended until March. A lot of landlords are going to be badly stung if so.

Good. Landlords should be beheaded in the street.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I'm still hoping they'll have a different strategy for non SPFL football, the problems are completely different. From what she said it's probably unlikely we'll get into any friendlies before the season starts, but otherwise no change.

Phew - I’m not fussed about missing out on friendlies, but definitely looking forward to going to league games, if at all possible.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

In what way are ' the problems' substantially different at a Brora or Auchinleck game to Stranraer or Albion Rovers in the SPFL? You're not getting extra special treatment here no matter how much wishful thinking you want to apply. 

The majority of SPFL clubs will have more in common to teams in the HL/LL rather than the premiership teams.

Would be very surprised if there is a different strategy for the non-SPFL. If crowds are permitted out with the SPFL then you'll have more people turning up at these games than normally expected.