Coronavirus (COVID-19)

23 minutes ago, MrMartinBlack9 said:

Random, but be interesting to see if the Highland League will still be allowed to start if Nicola Sturgeon announces tomorrow that restrictions will be in place like in England.

Keeping my fingers crossed that fans will still be allowed to attend games at that level.

15 minutes ago, Snafu said:

There should be enough standing room around most non league grounds in Scotland to not pose a problem. The issue is this one shoe to fit all policy for all sports venues, unless this has somehow changed recently.

As football goes or any spectator sport goes, along with approved precautions for spectators each level could and should be assessed with common sense applied.

I see the HL has been given a financial boost to assist with safety measures.

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Can't see why not, there should be a totally different approach to giving the go ahead to non league football. Doubt she'll confirm it tomorrow though.

11 minutes ago, MrMartinBlack9 said:

That’s what I’m hoping - noticed supporters of sides higher up (Scottish Premier etc) seem to be quite pessimistic about the return of fans next season, but I think the Highland League should be safe enough what with the lower crowd sizes / scope for social distancing etc. 

Can imagine the financial boost for helping HL clubs get COVID equipment / safety measures in place will be a massive help too.

HIghland/lowland league, WOSL etc could easily have fans present and still be able to social distance. My local “junior” clubs like Whitletts, Maybole, Girvan literally get about 120 fans maximum. Even lower league clubs like Ayr and Stranraer could get away with having 500 fans and not being stood close to anyone. The SG seem to want to take a “one size fits all” approach though and want no fans rather than some at all grounds

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's the worry, think they'll have to make it season tickets only if the SPFL isn't open yet. Which will be a bit of a novelty in the Highland League, don't know anyone who has one. :lol:

Had one last season - don’t think I’ve seen any news of HL clubs doing one this season though (makes sense with all the uncertainty around, to be fair) 

16 minutes ago, s_dog said:

Why wouldn't they just deep clean the clinic instead of closing it for two weeks (unless they only have that one doctor to run it)?

Dont know the ins and outs of clinical rules, but i think its to do with the staff and not the physical room the clinic is in. The room is being deep cleaned. 

21 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

HIghland/lowland league, WOSL etc could easily have fans present and still be able to social distance. My local “junior” clubs like Whitletts, Maybole, Girvan literally get about 120 fans maximum. Even lower league clubs like Ayr and Stranraer could get away with having 500 fans and not being stood close to anyone. The SG seem to want to take a “one size fits all” approach though and want no fans rather than some at all grounds

What's WOSL?

I must admit, after a long day, i drifted away for a few moments and I worry events may have overtaken me.

Wings over Scotland league?

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Key workers weren't absent from their jobs because of a lack of childcare when the schools were closed back between March and Junr There's therefore no need for a 'quick fix' for that category then by moving to a blended learning setup now, you imbecile.

No they were absent because they were ill or dead from covid-19 you absolute rocket! :1eye 

Where has anybody even argued or claimed that key-worker absences were down to lack of childcare here? Who knows what the childcare circumstances were whilst they were in hospital or worst case, dead. Probably doesn’t bear thinking about in some cases.

At least the families and friends can take some comfort and consolation in knowing that the NHS will have a ready-made replacement rolling off the production line to fill the skills void the very same day.

Genuinely staggered at what you’ve been struggling with all this whole time. 

5 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

No they were absent because they were ill or dead from covid-19 you absolute rocket! :1eye 

Where has anybody even argued or claimed that key-worker absences were down to lack of childcare here? Who knows what the childcare circumstances were whilst they were in hospital or worst case, dead. Probably doesn’t bear thinking about in some cases.

At least the families and friends can take some comfort and consolation in knowing that the NHS will have a ready-made replacement rolling off the production line to fill the skills void the very same day.

Genuinely staggered at what you’ve been struggling with all this whole time. 

DisfiguredOldBass-size_restricted.gif.c1f78971507f37ace3720f8eabc6f9f6.gif

We were actually discussing whether switching to part time schooling would pose any significant strain on private employers though, when they will be picking up replacements no bother in the autumn when millions are chucked out of work. For some inexplicable reason you have gone down this cul-de-sac of NHS key workers with weans!!!!111!!!! dying on the job even though it's got absolutely nothing - literally zero percent relevance - to do with that. 

This has been an absolute disaster of an effort even by the very low standards of a shite-flinging cretin like yourself. Thanks for playing anyway.

IMG_3095.jpg.4d749ac9d1454f0ec836d1c01be6e8a0.jpg

DisfiguredOldBass-size_restricted.gif.c1f78971507f37ace3720f8eabc6f9f6.gif
We were actually discussing whether switching to part time schooling would pose any significant strain on private employers though, when they will be picking up replacements no bother in the autumn when millions are chucked out of work. For some inexplicable reason you have gone down this cul-de-sac of NHS key workers with weans!!!!111!!!! dying on the job even though it's got absolutely nothing - literally zero percent relevance - to do with that. 
This has been an absolute disaster of an effort even by the very low standards of a shite-flinging cretin like yourself. Thanks for playing anyway.
IMG_3095.jpg.4d749ac9d1454f0ec836d1c01be6e8a0.jpg
Yep. Every single job is either a key worker, or an easily replaced at a moments notice drone.

Jesus.

The new app might be a big help in grounds without designated seating. It could be made a condition of entry but that might prove troublesome for some of the Juniors old timers. Contact details alone are a useless measure where spectators are allowed to walk freely around the ground. It's those sort of logistics that will be the biggest stumbling block but a efficient app would do most of that stuff for clubs.

11 hours ago, Snafu said:

I still look at that Swedish COVID-19 death figure and go f**king hell that is horrendous and what a clusterf**k of an idea

Given that Sweden has never locked down, they have still achieved a weekly deaths per 100k figure that would not draw your attention here if A, last year wasn't 7% lower than the 5 year average, and B it wasn't highlighted in red.

It works out at an additional 9.6 deaths per day above the 5 year average (The comparable rate for Scotland, adjusted for population size would be 5.2 - it's currently 21.5)

Even combining and averaging 2019 and 2020s figures together would still lower than the 5 year average.

Whether or not you agree with the approach they took, it certainly wasn't the failure it is often described as, and has delivered a result miles better than what we have managed here.

20200909_214409.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

wings over Scotland football league?
West of Scotland league.
Issue with this is you'll have more fans than usual attending the lower league games if the SPFL is still behind closed doors.