Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

Parkrun to return in England towards the end of October.

Wonder if or when it'll return up here?

The differences between a government that wants to try and get back to as close to normal as they can versus one which is absolutely scared to are becoming more obvious with each announcement.

There is little value now in looking at either's decisions through the lens of "the science" and trying to find and apply logic to them.

7 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Yeah, PHE changed that recently so they weren't counting people who were positive months ago and died of something unrelated since.

NRS stats will pick up the deaths up here after 28 days.

If someone is in hospital/ICU for more than 28 days then die does this also mean it is not counted as Covid? We are hearing stories of folk being in ICU or on ventilators for months like the Scot's guy in Vietnam.

15 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

If someone is in hospital/ICU for more than 28 days then die does this also mean it is not counted as Covid? We are hearing stories of folk being in ICU or on ventilators for months like the Scot's guy in Vietnam.

In England this would be counted. In Scotland it wouldn't, but would appear in the NRS stats.

I don't know how common it is to be in ICU for months and then die tbh. Any story I've read mentioning that scenario the person survived (so wouldn't be counted anywhere).

10 minutes ago, madwullie said:

No I don't think that true. Wikipedia says onset to death 2-8 weeks. 

The single report that range is lifted from is from the 29th of February.

Doesn't mean it isn't true; it's just based solely on China, and from very early on in the whole thing.

Edited by Todd_is_God

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The single report that range is lifted from is from the 29th of February.

Doesn't mean it isn't true; it's just based solely on China, and from very early on in the whole thing.

Yeha that's fair enough. Infection to death - 18 days seems very short though. 

Edited by madwullie

Schools open = parents back to work = bullshit time and cover ups
Yeah, we should lockdown indefinitely, and see what's left. The basic principles of risk management (alarp) dont apply here. We should just see what's left of a functioning society once the worlds population has been successfully vaccinated

Armstrong has been a baller in the past. 

People were calling for Fleck to be called up for a few seasons now.

The Mayor has been a major part of Norwich's success.

Yet for Scotland they all become plodding, dense, fuckwits who can't drive forward, get into a dangerous central area, pick a forward pass and can't close down their counterparts quickly enough!? What the actual f**k man. 

When Clark took over I thought he'd at least get the team closing down and attacking with a higher sense of urgency, but we've fallen back into the pedestrian shit we've been treated to for years. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, we should lockdown indefinitely, and see what's left. The basic principles of risk management (alarp) dont apply here. We should just see what's left of a functioning society once the worlds population has been successfully vaccinated

Yeah because we're really applying the principles of risk management by deciding that firing hundreds of grotty weans under the same roof all week is not a significant transmission risk but 250 folk at a Stranraer game or playing even a recording of the devil's instruments in a pub is beyond the pale. 

What you actually mean is 'who cares about proportionate response to risks, just don't take away my state childminder!'

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Yet for Scotland they all become plodding, dense, fuckwits who can't drive forward, get into a dangerous central area, pick a forward pass and can't close down their counterparts quickly enough!? What the actual f**k man. 

When Clark took over I thought he'd at least get the team closing down and attacking with a higher sense of urgency, but we've fallen back into the pedestrian shit we've been treated to for years. 

Are you lost?

I liked the look of number 19 for the Czech Republic. Covid I think his name was.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Yeah because we're really applying the principles of risk management by deciding that firing hundreds of grotty weans under the same roof all week is not a significant transmission risk but 250 folk at a Stranraer game or playing even a recording of the devil's instruments in a pub is beyond the pale. 

What you actually mean is 'who cares about proportionate response to risks, just don't take away my state childminder!'

Actually, me and Mrs Bs work is generally flexible enough that we can look after our kids with no issues, so your generic wailing about childcare for the millionth time in this thread doesnt really apply to me. Hard lines.

Risk management of course involves residual risk. In this case, a certain number of cases and even deaths is considered acceptable residual risk, and closing schools with the associated damage to children's wellbeing, and the economic fallout that would follow is not considered reasonably practicable to avoid said deaths. 

Evidently, stopping people going to a Stranraer game is considered reasonably practicable, because the damage done/associated cost is minimal to take that measure. IDGAF whether you think that's right or wrong. I am simply saying what is plain to see to anyone who's not an idiot. That's what's happening here. 

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Are you lost?

Uhhh.....yes! 

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:
9 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I liked the look of number 19 for the Czech Republic. Covid* I think his name was.

Covidsky*

22 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Something that just doesn't compute with me is why so many school teachers or the carers who work in nurseries are coming down with the virus right now.

Can't imagine why??

Nope!

Can't be coming from the schools because according to Education Secretary Gavin Williamson 'makes it clear there is little evidence virus is transmitted' in classrooms'.

So either schools are unlike any other place when it comes to a gathering of people and the virus has suddenly become selective or maybe someone is telling porkies.

What do you think Scooby?

Well, Shaggy...

There is a third option - that this Government, yet again, are assuming that the electorate will simply believe that they're not being a set of disingeuous cúnts. Of course there's little evidence that the virus is transmitted in schools. How could there be, when the vast majority (or vast, vast majority -(c) Todd) of schools have been closed for the last five and a half months?

Like Patel's crowing over the decrease in shoplifting, burglary and driving offences, the circumstances of lockdown may just conceivably have had a teeny tiny influence on things.

I don't know which makes me angrier - the Tories' belief that the Great British Public will swallow any old shite, or the GBP's repeated proof that they're right.