Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Ok so what about overall confirmed cases in the UK compared to other European countries and what percentage of the populations are infected right now?

I'm surprised there isn't a league table on this to see where we are in comparison percentage wise given this country's  current form of forcing travelers who come back from certain countries to go into self-isolation.

Here you go. The choice of countries for quarantine can be based on a local cluster, like a Greek island or a Portuguese town, so doesn't make much sense to me. Most other European countries aren't doing it. 

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

37 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I dont recall getting upset about all of this.
It does seem very different from outdoor to indoor type transmission and cases cant be blamed on more testing anymore.
It seems like people are split between denial and acceptance.
Really cant see anything other than everything rising in the next few months.
Todd and others denied there being any risks if we opened back up. I admit to being on the cautious side but only a few months ago we had hundreds of people dying per day so I'd rather not return to that.
Also remember getting told to shut up when pubs were filled up on the last few days before lockdown.
Not sure what the happy medium is, the main problem is people who will do what they want whatever the consequences. Its pointless having guidelines that cant be enforced.
Three weeks, admissions through the roof again.

So far I still don't see any. If the vast vast majority of people aren't getting sick then what's the problem?

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The same people who are entrusted to repeatedly give us Tory governments and Brexit? f**k that.

I liked Todd’s balanced question of do you want to pretty much ignore everything that’s happened or do you want to hide in your house and die lonely and with no money, though.

Sensible approach imo.