Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Birthday Caird Pish thread for this.

Do you feel this way about anyone and everyone who dies from flu (or anything else) every year across the world (and their families), or is it just this cause of death that you think is significant and unacceptable?

Oh, I didn't say I felt that way

8 minutes ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

Shut this thread down. 

If I have learned anything from here it's that a handful of you c***s should be working at the very top instructing governments and this big fuss over nothing will be over in a couple of days. 

It seems like an incredible percentage of this forum are experts in every field. 

f**k me.

It's a covid thread on a football forum? Did you think you were coming here for expert analysis? 

17 minutes ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

Shut this thread down. 

If I have learned anything from here it's that a handful of you c***s should be working at the very top instructing governments and this big fuss over nothing will be over in a couple of days. 

It seems like an incredible percentage of this forum are experts in every field. 

f**k me.

Please regale us with more made up tales from "the roll shop" to get the thread back on track.

17 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I used to love the steam trains, although I'm sure your job was brutal work. Similar to stokers on a ship. I used to stand on the bridge over the railway line in Brechin when the trains passed underneath it, much to my mother's annoyance.

I was a C1, going by that table.

ETA: I was probably a B, much like my Higher results.

Only when working express trains was it brutal.

Slower passenger trains and freight were usually a doddle

In 1963 I worked freight trains out of Forfar covering wee villages like Tannadice, Letham and Friockheim and I can remember heading towards Brechin from Forfar but I'm no sure if we went the whole way or stopped short.

p09.jpg.e1a5de1ca03a5c89eee258f778946947.jpg

17 hours ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

Because everything in this day and age is political. A pandemic should be bringing people together, but drag politics into it and it just divides everyone. The SNP have made a balls up of the pandemic, some people with their SNP blinkers on will just refuse to acknowledge it, and point to WM's handling of it. There is a great video on youtube with Neil Oliver on talk radio but have no clue how to post it. It seems there's no middle ground anymore and everyone is either a liberal 'snowflake' or a right wing 'nazi'. 

This the same Neil Oliver who described the Highland Clearances (I downloaded this from the internet)

“They left their windswept crofts behind looking for adventure and the promised land”

Did he really say that about the folk burned and driven off their land in the Highland Clearances? I haven’t watched it but others are tweeting about this angrily.

It’s been some time since Oliver, BA Archaeology 3rd Class with Merit in Grubbing, has caused me to froth against him but this gives me the opportunity to remind everyone of his suggestion that Indyref2 was a cancerous presence in Scottish politics and his petty attacks on the personal appearance of the great Prof Tom Devine when the latter suggested that he, BA Archaeology, 3rd Class with Merit in Grubbing, was unfit to present a BBC History series.

16 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Well if it's going by height, I'd be an A!

Does that mean I've got tae look up tae ye?

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's a covid thread on a football forum? Did you think you were coming here for expert analysis? 

Seems like I'm getting it the way some of these people rattle on and how highly they value their own opinions. 

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Please regale us with more made up tales from "the roll shop" to get the thread back on track.

Of course. 

A few more red dots dished out and maybe some of that self esteem will come back. You can use me. It's cool.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
21 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Leaving early for a cheeky afternoon in the sun or work from home, you can work all day out in the sun if you so choose, no shirt, no tie and a long lie. Wonder what people will choose

In Scotland? 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Wee Willie said:

When I were a lad the only Butchers were the ones from Belsen, Warsaw and Prague and to equate NS with that lot is misleading and disgraceful.

What about Andoni Goitkoxea? He just kicked a wee Argentinian guy and got called a butcher

Read my lips - When I were a lad (70-ish years ago)