Coronavirus (COVID-19)

16 hours ago, Wee Willie said:
18 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Not to mention that, despite excess deaths being largely comparable on a par with those in England, the übernats are falling over themselves to lavish praise on how wonderfully safe the care home Butcher of Bute House has kept us all, whilst simultaneously hammering BJ for his handling of it.

That is a very poor description of Nicola Sturgeon. You should be ashamed.

When I were a lad the only Butchers were the ones from Belsen, Warsaw and Prague and to equate NS with that lot is misleading and disgraceful.

7 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

When I were a lad the only Butchers were the ones from Belsen, Warsaw and Prague and to equate NS with that lot is misleading and disgraceful.

The Butcher of Bute House is the sort of shite patter that will get you likes on Unionist twitter from some very weird folk. They prefer pie charts to graphs though so tread carefully.

Incredible read

That’s a fucking incredible poll. Really outlines that “project fear”, as described in the sage minutes, has worked.

It’s time we face up to this virus for what it truly is, a minor bug of comparable severity to the flu. If you are on the verge of dying due to some underlying condition, it might push you over the edge. But for the vast majority of the rest of us, if you’re even unlucky enough to get any symptoms at all (a fairly big if), you’ll be recovered and back to normal within 10-14 days.

10 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54005621?at_medium=custom7&at_custom2=twitter&at_campaign=64&at_custom1=[post+

Shut the pubs and ban football. 

Edit: I do like that the article says the schools aren't being named at the top and near the end of the article it  mentions two Glasgow schools by name. 

It'll just be parents holding Covid parties to get a week abroad in September according to @welshbairn.

Nothing To See Here GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

That’s a fucking incredible poll. Really outlines that “project fear”, as described in the sage minutes, has worked.

It’s time we face up to this virus for what it truly is, a minor bug of comparable severity to the flu. If you are on the verge of dying due to some underlying condition, it might push you over the edge. But for the vast majority of the rest of us, if you’re even unlucky enough to get any symptoms at all (a fairly big if), you’ll be recovered and back to normal within 10-14 days.
Are we slowly but surely doing just that? Taking steps towards normal, pause to consolidate and measure impact. Then continue?

You might not like the pace of it, but it is what we are doing surely?

13 minutes ago, Donathan said:

863,000+ people would say different. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Are we slowly but surely doing just that? Taking steps towards normal, pause to consolidate and measure impact. Then continue?

Yes, and no.

We are trying to move forward, albeit painfully slowly, but this is being hampered by the belief still that it is equally dangerous for everyone

I’m fine with a slow reopening (although I want to be pretty much back to normal by March next year apart from still WFH and face coverings in shops/transport), my problem is the whack-a-mole local lockdowns, second wave scaremongerings, the frankly bonkers idea that people have some sort of moral duty not to catch the virus, and the media/government fuelled narrative that the virus is very dangerous when that blatantly isn’t the case.

5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

863,000+ people would say different. 

This is a nonsense point. It's the equivalent number of a severe flu season.

863k from 7.8b is completely insignificant.

Edited by Todd_is_God

36 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

The Butcher of Bute House is the sort of shite patter that will get you likes on Unionist twitter from some very weird folk. They prefer pie charts to graphs though so tread carefully.

Stop talking about butchers and pies, I'm hungry and fat.

Just now, hk blues said:

Again, not to the 863,000 people and their families etc etc

Birthday Caird Pish thread for this.

Do you feel this way about anyone and everyone who dies from flu (or anything else) every year across the world (and their families), or is it just this cause of death that you think is significant and unacceptable?

Shut this thread down. 

If I have learned anything from here it's that a handful of you c***s should be working at the very top instructing governments and this big fuss over nothing will be over in a couple of days. 

It seems like an incredible percentage of this forum are experts in every field. 

f**k me.

Just now, Perkin Flump said:

Stop talking about butchers and pies, I'm hungry and fat.

A steak pie from the butcher is top tier scran.

I've seen a few adverts on fb recently for a donner meat pie with chilli sauce. I have to admit I am curious.