Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

It's been a tough year for all of us. Now, more than ever, Christmas is all about family.

*heart-rending animation of granny getting fired into the sun plays*

*slowed down version of a rock song by a husky-voiced female vocalist accompanies*

Stay safe this Christmas with Tesco x

Tesco, we're there for you in life and in death.

1251.jpg

Edited by dirty dingus

10 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

It's been a tough year for all of us. Now, more than ever, Christmas is all about family.

*heart-rending animation of granny getting fired into the sun plays*

*slowed down version of a rock song by a husky-voiced female vocalist accompanies*

Stay safe this Christmas with Tesco x

Szamo and Szamo advertising

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

How do they pay their bills in July if they aren't being paid?

We get our salary divided up over 12 months, but we're not paid for most of the summer holidays.

27 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Support for Independence doesn't necessarily equate to support for the SNP.

I'd vote yes tomorrow, but I'll never vote for the SNP again until NS is no longer the leader.

‘mon to f**k Todd. I admire your hard work, self belief and damned indefatigably on this thread but how is Scotland going to become independent without NS or the SNP?

Where’s the political charisma and message, seemingly (to me anyway) currently well hidden from view, that’ll unlock the whole process and  deliver that without them both? 

Edited by alta-pete

43 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Not sure which of "whack-a-mole", "ramping up" or "socially distanced" (as an adjective) is my most hated overused phrase of the covid months. Its pretty fucking close. 

"new normal" or "second wave" for me. 

28 minutes ago, Gaz said:

We get our salary divided up over 12 months, but we're not paid for most of the summer holidays.

Can I claim that I'm only paid for one day a year, and that in actual fact when extrapolated over 365 days then I'd be one of the highest paid people in the country? I like how that works.

32 minutes ago, Mistermark 75 said:

Was on the Glasgow underground  today for first time in months. Quite creepy to see all the various billboard ads in various stations advertising theatre shows/concerts in March or April.

Like a musty wee time capsule on wheels. 

.. or an episode of Doctor Who.

"So here we are back on Earth - again.  The year is 2020, hardly anybody about and all of them wearing masks.  Everybody thought it was some virus - even the governments of all the countries of the world.  They had no idea.  Actually it's the Daleks.  Oh well, never mind.  That's why we're here.  To rescue Earth - yet again! "

25 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

‘mon to f**k Todd. I admire your hard work, self belief and damned indefatigably on this thread but how is Scotland going to become independent without NS or the SNP?

Where’s the political charisma and message, seemingly (to me anyway) currently well hidden from view, that’ll unlock the whole process and  deliver that without them both? 

That sounds like a problem for the SNP to solve tbh.

If they want my vote back, they need to earn it.

They might not miss one vote, but if enough others have no confidence in NS and feel the same then they'll have a problem as you can be certain those who feel strongly enough against Independence or her / them to vote Conservative, Labour or Lib Dem in May will do so.

The SNP will still win most seats, but their pro-indy majority currently only exists because it is propped up by the Greens. They should remember that when talking down to and lecturing people each day.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Scotland introduces 14 day quarantine for entrants / returnees from Greece.
I am not normally one to be critical of the Scottish Government but this is nonsense.

There were 14.0 coronavirus cases per 100,000 people in Greece in the seven days to August 31, down from 14.9 a week earlier.

It certainly is not science that backs that decision up.

14 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

Can I claim that I'm only paid for one day a year, and that in actual fact when extrapolated over 365 days then I'd be one of the highest paid people in the country? I like how that works.

I have literally no idea what you're on about :lol:

50 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, madwullie said:
Not sure which of "whack-a-mole", "ramping up" or "socially distanced" (as an adjective) is my most hated overused phrase of the covid months. Its pretty fucking close. 

Its "covidiots" for me. Horrific

Oh fucking definitely 🤬 😡 😟🔫 

If you're salaried as teachers are rather than paid hourly then I don't see how this means anything in any sort of practical sense.

It's technically true that you're not paid in the summer in the same way that I'm not paid at the weekends or at night, but the entire salary is set up on that basis. You could just as easily say that you are paid for the summer but that your "hourly rate" is lower.

10 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I am not normally one to be critical of the Scottish Government but this is nonsense.

There were 14.0 coronavirus cases per 100,000 people in Greece in the seven days to August 31, down from 14.9 a week earlier.

It certainly is not science that backs that decision up.

It's the rates on the Greek islands which are more important since that's where most flights depart from.   

I don't have the number to hand.   

14 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

That sounds like a problem for the SNP to solve tbh.

If they want my vote back, they need to earn it.

They might not miss one vote, but if enough others have no confidence in NS and feel the same then they'll have a problem as you can be certain those who feel strongly enough against Independence or her / them to vote Conservative, Labour or Lib Dem in May will do so.

The SNP will still win most seats, but their pro-indy majority currently only exists because it is propped up by the Greens. They should remember that when talking down to and lecturing people each day.

I’m only fiddling here but I know you don’t like NS, I get that. But realistically, no party outside the SNP will deliver independence. So, without  NS, here’s the current odds for the next SNP leader. 

Eek Mackay still being quoted should maybe offer some indication of the depth of the talent pool available? 

6624A1F4-B321-4B8F-8774-94A8F34A8C35.png