Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The Ayrshire paper FB pages awash with “Ayrshire’s on the brink of lockdown”. 30 odd positive case and they want a lockdown [emoji849]
Was saying something similar earlier all Ayrshire social media is firmly campaigning for another full lockdown, there appears still to be appetite for it unbelievably.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
29 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
The Ayrshire paper FB pages awash with “Ayrshire’s on the brink of lockdown”. 30 odd positive case and they want a lockdown emoji849.png

Was saying something similar earlier all Ayrshire social media is firmly campaigning for another full lockdown, there appears still to be appetite for it unbelievably.

Yip all the paper social media pages, Ayrshire Daily News, all full of folk who seem to be counting down the hours until “another lockdown”. Fcking madness 

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
17% absence rate for covid related absences before the schools even open.
Disastrous policy. VT must condemn.

I was sure he'd want schools left open until every last middle class, ski holidaying teacher had succumbed to the damn virus.

I'm more surprised that, after wailing for months about needing them open for a bit of free childcare, 1 in 6 don't plan on using it.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

I'm more surprised that, after wailing for months about needing them open for a bit of free childcare, 1 in 6 don't plan on using it.

It'll mostly be the thickies that stay away. The ones that get Rustler burgers brought up to them if there's a vegetable in the canteen. Maybe a few social misfits that Mummy thinks she can home school.

The implication seems to be that people are less cautious when visiting family and friends/going to "gaffs*" than they would be in a public place. 
*there's a word I'd quite happily never hear again. Is it a west of Scotland thing? I don't like doing the east/west thing and it's done to death on here but it's nails down a chalkboard to me. 
It seems to be a generation thing, I despise it. What's wrong with a good old fashioned empty or just a hoose party.

14 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
43 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
The Ayrshire paper FB pages awash with “Ayrshire’s on the brink of lockdown”. 30 odd positive case and they want a lockdown emoji849.png

Fully support an emergency law being introduced to bar anyone actively asking for a full lockdown from leaving their homes, and being first on the redundancy pile / their job they can do from home being given to someone who loses their job as a result of said lockdown when the JRS ends tbh.

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/highlands/2454859/highland-nursery-to-close-for-seven-days-after-staff-member-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

Just came up that its a nursery school and its surprise surprise its 5 of the staff that tested positive.

It's only 1 staff member from what I can read there

15 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Inverness Courier ran a short article on how a teenager from Plymouth booked a test online and was told his 'nearest' testing center was Inverness. He wasn't the only one pointed in the direction of the Highland capital as were hundreds who booked. He was first directed to a testing site in Wales, next was Manchester and the third was Inverness, he eventually via his mother's persistence got one set in his home town. In the article the Director for Public Health in Plymouth, Dr Ruth Harrell said there is a national issue with the COVID-19 test booking system which has been raised with the Department of Health and Social Care ''as a matter of urgency''.

Aye, my sister in Leven was told to go to Inverness for a test last week. She waited until the next day and got tested in Glenrothes.

There's a lot to be said about Ayrshire, but never thought they were spineless,. Unless they actually enjoyed the benefits of the original lockdown and are looking for an opportunity to skive off.
It's more the local rag whipping them into a frenzy. I did laugh at the couple of dissenters on the comments, both had poppies, UJs and the blue Cheek all over their page. Ayrshire in microcosm.

40 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Equating to 3.5% of all absences but you keep missing that part out for some reason emoji2957.png

I keep missing that part out because it's, erm, completely wrong: 

During the last decade, attendance levels over the whole school year have been between 93% and 94%.

About 3% of pupils were absent last Friday for a Covid-related reason, with 12.3% absent for non-Covid reasons, including pupil exclusions.

Covid was therefore directly linked to nearly 20% of all absences rather than the 3.5% that you claimed, which demonstrates that you are both i) too thick to grasp basic statistical numeracy and ii) are desperately picking any number that you can find on a page to back up your desperate, wagon-circling nonsense argument.

Better luck next time champ.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

Edited by vikingTON

37 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I was sure he'd want schools left open until every last middle class, ski holidaying teacher had succumbed to the damn virus.

No but I'm more than happy for them to work remedial classes through the summer to teach thickos like yourself how to read a graph properly. 

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
35 minutes ago, Snafu said:
There's a lot to be said about Ayrshire, but never thought they were spineless,. Unless they actually enjoyed the benefits of the original lockdown and are looking for an opportunity to skive off.

It's more the local rag whipping them into a frenzy. I did laugh at the couple of dissenters on the comments, both had poppies, UJs and the blue Cheek all over their page. Ayrshire in microcosm.

Roughly what percentage of absolute morons on social media turn out to be Rangers fans?

I reckon it's got to be at least 70%.