Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Or in Belarus, where stadiums never closed at all, suddenly can't have fans against Albania

Crazy! 

I saw that Brighton are having 2500 fans at their friendly this weekend. Their ground capacity is 30,000. Those numbers make the 1,000 at 67,000 Murrayfield seem even more ridiculous 

32 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A crazy decision by UEFA then especially when limited amounts of fans are back in stadiums in quite a few countries now 

Can you have some countries having a limited "home crowd advantage" but other countries facing more of a level playing field?  Think it's got to be same for everyone.

9 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Can you have some countries having a limited "home crowd advantage" but other countries facing more of a level playing field?  Think it's got to be same for everyone.

Unless the entire competition is played behind closed doors, that's a bit of a moot point.

Our return fixture v Israel, for example, is in mid November. Cannot see any reason right now for that being behind closed doors.

Edited by Todd_is_God

I have yet to attend a game in this country, pro or Junior with the "throw money in a bucket" system you describe. Every junior game I have been to certainly in the times since the West regional setup has seen a paper ticket given out on admission. That alone would enable accurate counting. A junior stadium with no / very little seating would be very easy to self police SD wise.
Morton fans know only too well the "throw money in a bucket" system.

35 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Unless the entire competition is played behind closed doors, that's a bit of a moot point.

Our return fixture v Israel, for example, is in mid November. Cannot see any reason right now for that being behind closed doors.

It was in the interests of fairness the UEFA decided that all NL fixtures for the opening round of games were to be BCD. You're right that if they're that interested in fairness then all games should be BCD for the duration of the competition

Nicola coming out on team [mention=11540]virginton[/mention] over the selfish parents, just dialled right down.

She's 100% right and is correct to be emphasising the point. Testing numbers backed her up today, a totally ridiculous number of kids seeking tests and a very predictable tiny % proving positive.

Email sent out at work telling us that if we keep 2m apart then we won't be deemed a close contact.

I thought that nhs track and trace get to decide this and not an employer?

Theres no way we can all keep apart and if someone picked it up then pretty much everyone in here will have been within 2m of them at some point in a weeks gap.
No masks worn and no proper air flow.

Are they going against acas advice?

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Email sent out at work telling us that if we keep 2m apart then we won't be deemed a close contact.

Theres no way we can all keep apart and if someone picked it up then pretty much everyone in here will have been within 2m of them at some point in a weeks gap.

I think thats in line with SG guidance. I remember Jason Leitch describing a close contact as 'someone who you've been within 2M. of for 15 minutes"

She's 100% right and is correct to be emphasising the point. Testing numbers backed her up today, a totally ridiculous number of kids seeking tests and a very predictable tiny % proving positive.
What about folk on this thread providing anecdotal evidence that their schools are demanding negative test results for any kid to return having been ill or interpreting the symptoms differently?

Posted about this way back when Test and Protect first came up. My work did the exact same immediately. A highly cynical way to protect their operation.

Not that it would matter at my work. If it became clear that contact tracers were putting it in any risk at all, govt intervention or some sort of dispensation would be sought and it would be granted.

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
21 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

What about folk on this thread providing anecdotal evidence that their schools are demanding negative test results for any kid to return having been ill or interpreting the symptoms differently?

This is the issue. The advice is, and always has been, pretty clear on when you should get a test.

But if a school decides to be ultra cautious and ask for one anyway, what are the parents meant to do?

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

But if a school decides to be ultra cautious and ask for one anyway, what are the parents meant to do?

Contact your MP/MSP and ask them to clarify what the school is asking for is correct? 

I'm sure once an MP/MSP gets in touch with the school to ask them why they're requesting negative tests for a runny nose they'll quickly change their advice.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Contact your MP/MSP and ask them to clarify what the school is asking for is correct? 

I'm sure once an MP/MSP gets in touch with the school to ask them why they're requesting negative tests for a runny nose they'll quickly change their advice.

I get what you are saying, but I think it would take a brave MSP / School to categorically rule out someome having Covid-19, and therefore not need a test, as you can picture the shitstorm if it turned in to something.

The other thing comes down to whether or not pupils should be attending school with a cold in the first place. In an ideal world we'd probably agree the answer would be no, but I can't imagine that being the norm.

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I think you are giving folk way too much credit there. We all know the vast, vast majority would rather spend thirty minutes ranting on FB than spend 30 seconds doing the above. The onus for protecting the testing system from school related over subscription has to fall at least partially on the schools, who will be a lot of parents first and only port of call for advice regarding this. 

Note that the above is an observation of how it is, not how it should be. I know it's wrong, but it's how it is. If the testing system is coming under undue pressure, the schools will have to be told from a higher level (Leitch or Sturgeon) to get on the same page. 

I don't doubt that but the message to the schools and parents is the same. NS was asked that very question in respect of one if the Lothians today and again outlined the symptoms requiring a test. Runny nose wasn't one yet that authority were wanting snotty kids tested against all public advice.