Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, virginton said:

You appear far too thick to have comprehended my post. I'm not suggesting that officials are pocketing the joke income from a non league match: I'm stating that their 'stand at the gate and chuck money in a bucket' system simply can't satisfy the authorities that only the maximum allowed crowd will attend a game. If every club had a set number of physical tickets to distribute and a credible infrastructure to control entry then perhaps they could do so; until then they don't get a head start on having crowds back ahead of SPFL clubs though.

Better luck next time.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

I do enjoy the fact that, not only do you think your ridiculous "stamp a raffle ticket" idea is the missing piece of the puzzle for allowing crowds to return to non league games, but you also expect that some sort of infrastructure should be built which can prevent more than the pre agreed number of raffle tickets in 🤣

What you've demonstrated perfectly here, as you have so often over the past few months, is that you have nowhere near the level of knowledge of things outwith your little bubble that you think you do, and that when you venture outwith and go flying in with two feet to make the inevitable c**t of it as per, your only available move is to produce italics and ainsley harriott.

Edited by Todd_is_God

You appear far too thick to have comprehended my post. I'm not suggesting that officials are pocketing the joke income from a non league match: I'm stating that their 'stand at the gate and chuck money in a bucket' system simply can't satisfy the authorities that only the maximum allowed crowd will attend a game. If every club had a set number of physical tickets to distribute and a credible infrastructure to control entry then perhaps they could do so; until then they don't get a head start on having crowds back ahead of SPFL clubs though.
Better luck next time.
A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg
I have yet to attend a game in this country, pro or Junior with the "throw money in a bucket" system you describe. Every junior game I have been to certainly in the times since the West regional setup has seen a paper ticket given out on admission. That alone would enable accurate counting. A junior stadium with no / very little seating would be very easy to self police SD wise.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

I have yet to attend a game in this country, pro or Junior with the "throw money in a bucket" system you describe. Every junior game I have been to certainly in the times since the West regional setup has seen a paper ticket given out on admission. That alone would enable accurate counting. A junior stadium with no / very little seating would be very easy to self police SD wise.

I agree it would be easy to lock up the gates when the maximum number are in, and we get tickets in the Highland League too. But it might be easier to restrict entrance to season ticket holders, away supporters included with some voucher system. Avoids handling of cash and less potential for bother at the gates when/if the maximum is reached, especially if the local "big" team are still bcd only.

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I agree it would be easy to lock up the gates when the maximum number are in, and we get tickets in the Highland League too. But it might be easier to restrict entrance to season ticket holders, away supporters included with some voucher system. Avoids handling of cash and less potential for bother at the gates when/if the maximum is reached, especially if the local "big" team are still bcd only.

I don't know how many games you have been at involving teams in what is now Tier 7 of the Scottish Pyramid, but based on that i'm guessing not many.

The idea that the likes of Thorniewood United would need to issue vouchers to visiting supporters for the visit of the likes of Kello Rovers, whilst allowing only their half dozen or so season ticket holders in themselves, is nonsense.

There clearly cannot be a one size fits all approach for tiers 5, 6 & 7, and a bit of common sense needs applying.

Edited by Todd_is_God

14 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't know how many games you have been at involving teams in what is now Tier 7 of the Scottish Pyramid, but based on that i'm guessing not many.

The idea that the likes of Thorniewood United would need to issue vouchers to visiting supporters for the visit of the likes of Kello Rovers, whilst allowing only their half dozen or so season ticket holders in themselves, is nonsense.

There clearly cannot be a one size fits all approach for tiers 5, 6 & 7, and a bit of common sense needs applying.

None, I don't expect the 2 men and a dog to have to buy a season ticket. I've never bought one for Clach before either but it's only a hundred odd quid, would be happy to do so and it would stop Championship tourists fucking it up.

Edited by welshbairn

Walk in centre being set up in St Andrew's. Not before time as thousands of overseas students imminent. Very few with means of transport and the town itself has very poor transport links to any test centre. I was hoping that universities and even large schools might actually get their own on site test centres or at least stocks of diy test kits. No idea why this is not possible as this huge increase in testing is clearly down to education.
On the university arrivals it will also be interesting to see how many of those required to quarantine on arrival for 14 days cope.

8 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Spot on. 

However through all this a 'one size fits all' seems to have been the default position. 

I was a match in NE England last Saturday. Crowd must have been 50-75 or something. Its a nonsense that a game of similar stature can't go ahead up here.

21 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
21 hours ago, craigkillie said:
They could have looked to have test events at Celtic Park this weekend and Ibrox in a fortnight, and announced both simultaneously to avoid any such issues. If you're being generous you can say that they're waiting to see what happens with the Murrayfield one, but the problem with that is that there is no Premiership football next weekend due to internationals, so not being able to do one this weekend means the next opportunity isn't until two days before the supposed re-opening date of the 14th.

Yip, looking like into October before any general thumbs up for all clubs

Makes you wonder why the SG announced fans allowed back in stadiums from Sept 14th, if it was never going to be a reality until Oct 

I’m not a ruby fan but I’ll be interested to see how tomorrow’s sham of a test event goes. 67 seats per fan is ridiculous and isn’t going to be realistic of crowds in stadiums in the near future. I also wonder if the “fan village”/alcohol outlets will be open tomorrow night? Was anything mentioned about booze being allowed to be consumed during the game? As for the football debate, the SG could have put aside all the OF nonsense and cries of favouritism by making next Fridays game at Hampden the football test event 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

I’m not a ruby fan but I’ll be interested to see how tomorrow’s sham of a test event goes. 67 seats per fan is ridiculous and isn’t going to be realistic of crowds in stadiums in the near future. I also wonder if the “fan village”/alcohol outlets will be open tomorrow night? Was anything mentioned about booze being allowed to be consumed during the game? As for the football debate, the SG could have put aside all the OF nonsense and cries of favouritism by making next Fridays game at Hampden the football test event 

I think UEFA madated that all NL games were played behind closed doors otherwise that was the plan.

I don't really understand how it's up to UEFA to decide when fans return, and how many, mind you, over governments.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I think UEFA madated that all NL games were played behind closed doors otherwise that was the plan.

I don't really understand how it's up to UEFA to decide when fans return, and how many, mind you, over governments.

A crazy decision by UEFA then especially when limited amounts of fans are back in stadiums in quite a few countries now 

If UEFA said they were happy for fans to show up and then a covid cluster happened they’d be shafted by the media.

They’re being overtly cautious to avoid any blame, bearing in mind most cases in Spain, Italy and North East England can be linked to fans travelling for games

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

A crazy decision by UEFA then especially when limited amounts of fans are back in stadiums in quite a few countries now 

Or in Belarus, where stadiums never closed at all, suddenly can't have fans against Albania

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I also wonder if the “fan village”/alcohol outlets will be open tomorrow night? Was anything mentioned about booze being allowed to be consumed during the game?

They'll just urinate in pint glasses and drink that like usual I guess

If you believe that a home crowd is an advantage, having a position where Belarus might have a full house cheering them on, and Spain (example only) are behind locked doors, is potentially unfair.

Having everyone on the same set of rules means one less thing for people to complain about. (Other than the usual mouth breathers on here who will moan no matter what).