Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

Is there a reason why these people can’t get the home test kits rather than driving to Inverness or wherever for an appointment? Have they run out of them or something?

In the case of the friend I spoke of, yes.

Slightly disappointed with this development tbh, especially when Friday's test event at Murrayfield still has the green light.
More detail needed as to why it was rejected, was it a simple no or was the proposal flawed

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Slightly disappointed with this development tbh, especially when Friday's test event at Murrayfield still has the green light.

Disappointing yes. But fairly confident the reason behind it would be they'd have feared to have been seen as pro-Celtic (and thus anti-Rangers). Had both clubs been at home this weekend (say, one Saturday and one Sunday) they'd have both been given a green light to go ahead with 1000 fans at each.

Well done to Celtic though - in fairness they seem to have been at the forefront of trying to get some fans at their games. Other teams have sat on their hands

6 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Disappointing yes. But fairly confident the reason behind it would be they'd have feared to have been seen as pro-Celtic (and thus anti-Rangers). Had both clubs been at home this weekend (say, one Saturday and one Sunday) they'd have both been given a green light to go ahead with 1000 fans at each.

Well done to Celtic though - in fairness they seem to have been at the forefront of trying to get some fans at their games. Other teams have sat on their hands

Outwith Cup games, how often do they both play at home on the same weekend?

20 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Would prefer any test events are given to teams that haven't had their players sod off to Spain and breach the quarantine rules, tbh. 

I think Celtic were onto plums after their players Covid indiscretions. That plus the pathetic but almost inevitable bleating from the other cheek if they were to be allowed fans at a game first lead me to believe that they would not be awarded the initial test event for football. That said not heard too many other clubs pushing for it.

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Outwith Cup games, how often do they both play at home on the same weekend?

Barely ever. The point is that they would have feared to have been perceived as leaning to one or the other (were there a hypothetical situation this weekend and both were at home, and had both had asked for 1000 fans at each, you can be sure it would have got the nod)

44 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

2 deaths recorded unfortunately. That’s surprising considering only one person was in ICU.

Deaths can be registered numerous days after the event- so likely to have occurred a few days ago. The number in ICU will be up to date.

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
29 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I think Celtic were onto plums after their players Covid indiscretions. That plus the pathetic but almost inevitable bleating from the other cheek if they were to be allowed fans at a game first lead me to believe that they would not be awarded the initial test event for football. That said not heard too many other clubs pushing for it.

Correct

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
31 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Maybe other clubs' stadiums are too small/ don't have as many entrances and exits to allow that to happen.

That being said, all joking aside I don't quite understand how you couldn't fit all season ticket holders for Kilmarnock, for example, and leave plenty room for social distancing. 

33 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Would prefer any test events are given to teams that haven't had their players sod off to Spain and breach the quarantine rules, tbh. 

Realistically, unless we are to have "test events" at all stadia, we don't need one specifically for football if there is one at Murrayfield.

However as was discussed earlier in the thread, 'testing' stadiums with ~1% capacity is utterly useless.

Unless at least 25% capacity is allowed it's a bit shan all round. If they decide to stress test that first, there are only two grounds they can really use to test it, and that involves one arse cheek before the other, and we are right back here.

Hamilton, for example, would be a good place to test it as you would never need to be indoors, but 25% of NDP is 1,500 and really would provide little insight as to how bigger grounds can manage.

Edited by Todd_is_God

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I don’t think what Rangers fans would say actually entered into the Scottish government’s equations over whether they were gonnae let Celtic have some fans at the game.

It might because there's an election in May.

They could have looked to have test events at Celtic Park this weekend and Ibrox in a fortnight, and announced both simultaneously to avoid any such issues. If you're being generous you can say that they're waiting to see what happens with the Murrayfield one, but the problem with that is that there is no Premiership football next weekend due to internationals, so not being able to do one this weekend means the next opportunity isn't until two days before the supposed re-opening date of the 14th.

They could have looked to have test events at Celtic Park this weekend and Ibrox in a fortnight, and announced both simultaneously to avoid any such issues. If you're being generous you can say that they're waiting to see what happens with the Murrayfield one, but the problem with that is that there is no Premiership football next weekend due to internationals, so not being able to do one this weekend means the next opportunity isn't until two days before the supposed re-opening date of the 14th.
Yip, looking like into October before any general thumbs up for all clubs

Just now, welshbairn said:

It's annoying that crowds could be let in normally at most non-league grounds but for the inevitable hordes of "big team" supporters trying to gate crash.

Maybe if most junior teams weren't just Big Team Vessels this wouldn't happen

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

Is there a reason why these people can’t get the home test kits rather than driving to Inverness or wherever for an appointment? Have they run out of them or something?

I ordered my home test kit on Thursday and it got to me the next morning. Sent it back later that day and had to phone them yesterday because it was way over the 48 hours for the results. When I called the lassie took my details and said "I don't know what's happened". 

She told me someone would call in a few hours and they did not. Eventually got a text at half 6 this morning saying I'm negative. Some people are saying they get results just after 24 hours and I read somewhere someone waited a week to get theirs back. 

From my experience you're best driving if able to do so. It just seems the process is much quicker. However I don't drive and didn't fancy walking an 8 year old who could barely catch his breath from Dennistoun in Glasgow to Coatbridge, which was an actual suggestion.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Seems like a stupid suggestion anyway. There's already a test event lined up from which they'll make observations and rules for all other matches. Why would they need Celtic to do one as well? Reeks of just pandering to their support and their tinfoil hat claims imo. There was no way this would have been given the go-ahead, let alone the opportunity for a wee dig in at the government as well.