Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The looming furlough deadline will of course have nothing to do with any of this.

Back in spring other countries shut everydown and we were under intense pressure to do likewise. No other countries are seeing bigger case rises but are still doing their best to go forwards not backwards with restrictions, public patience will be a factor as well as the furlough deadline.

Also I remember that most colds and flues pass pretty quickly, but every so often healthy people get one that leaves their cheast fucked for quite a few weeks and just won’t bugger of, won’t this corona virus be similar?

4 hours ago, Tenkay said:
  • Nicola Sturgeon says that she will allow gyms and swimming pools to open from 31 August
  • However, Ms Sturgeon says that non-essential office working will not be allowed as it "presents too great a risk at this time"

So if you sit in an office, looks like you're not getting back to work anytime soon! 

Seems it ok to pack people into a gym though, that'll be sweating and coughing near each other.  Think she's got this the wrong way round.

Had a bit of an awkward one yesterday, sat in a 'beer garden' in Govanhill and get a text to go into our intranet and read a business update and then would get a call later on.  I had a few more beers than I would have had I known I'd be getting the call :lol:

Basically first week in September due back in for one day to go over new rules, health and safety stuff ect and go back shortly after (not every day 😀).  Had to tread the tightrope of saying I had plans on a couple of the days as I didn't presume we would be back but I can make myself available, fortunately she wasn't bothered and said it's only one day so as long as you are free on the others we can work round it.  

We aren't essential so I dunno if there was a presumption offices would be given the ok today or not but I haven't heard from them with anything different. 

I wonder what stuff I have in my work drawer that I haven't seen in 5/6 months. 

11 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Latest reports say 77 people have tested positive in the last 24hrs which is the highest daily increase in three months.

Whilst that is true, the 16,901 tests completed yesterday is the second highest total of any day so far, and the 8,021 new people tested is around 2,200 higher than on any other day.

Edited by Todd_is_God

6 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Bainsford and Langlees need a lock-in not a lockdown. If they built a big wall round the entire area they’d keep the local grot away from Greggs long enough that they’d all starve to death thus allowing the bulldozers to move in and begin the regeneration of an affluent grot free borough. 

Bit harsh?

Bit fash!

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You've also got all the sandwich bars, shops and pubs etc that are dependent on office workers.

If Covid kills off the sandwich then we'll look back on it relatively fondly I reckon. Dirt tier food vessel.

Edited by NotThePars

7 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Here's a list of shops, restaurants, pubs and cafes etc who didn't survive, some well known names in there, very sad. Some family run businesses as well.

The list of Edinburgh pubs, shops and restaurants that won't re-open their doors after lockdown

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/gallery/list-edinburgh-pubs-shops-restaurants-18802442

Took the business loans and ran 😂

Shortly to be seen trading from the same location under another name.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Latest reports say 77 people have tested positive in the last 24hrs which is the highest daily increase in three months.

Latest reports are saying that the Titanic has sunk incase you’re not aware of that also. 

City of Toronto passed a bylaw on August 5th requiring masks to be worn in the common areas of apartment buildings, lifts, laundry room etc Half the morons in my building have taken this a mere suggestion.

Just been down to the laundry room, some bint who looks like she should on the TV show Intervention complaining loudly to her latest boyfriend that she won't be sending her son back to school as he won't keep his mask on and she doesn't want him to catch corona and give it to her, said bint and boyfriend both not wearing a mask. I fucking can't stand this city anymore!

Edited by Torpar