Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Sorry, what?

We’ve usually only ever bought our own drinks, or on a day out organised a kitty.

Because were using cards instead of money, we’ve decided to do rounds instead. Works out a bit better as well if I’m honest.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Surely the whole point in a kitty is that you buy rounds, though.

Firing money into a kitty and then buying your own drinks individually from said kitty is up there with the most nonsensical thing i've ever heard.

Potentially spreading the virus (furiously trying to get this back on topic) by handling other people's cash at the same time.

Weans, what are they like?

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Surely the whole point in a kitty is that you buy rounds, though.

Firing money into a kitty and then buying your own drinks individually from said kitty is up there with the most nonsensical thing i've ever heard.

That can't be what he means! Resolve this @mizfit. Surely once the money was pooled/kittied, rounds were bought.

We usually just buy our own unless we’re out for a day trip and then we’ll do a kitty.

However we’ve been buying rounds on our cards just now because we aren’t carrying cash.

6 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Ah but this time she may be driven to tears by her fury.

I will be (pleasantly) surprised if she takes anything like the tone she did with the Aberdeen players the other day.

Golden rule about criticising the OF always seems to be don't go in heavy on one if you can't also have a pop at the other.

As an aside, Hamilton are still advertising Wednesday's game at Pittodrie as being on. If it goes ahead it makes the cancellation of the St. Johnstone game look like an act of opportunistic sabre rattling by the SNP.

1 hour ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I've heard a couple of people talking about buying their own drinks in company recently. This seems so alien to me. Each to their own though. Probably an age thing.

Me and all my mates are in our late 30s now and due to various different circumstances we all drink at different paces. On a night out we'd maybe double up but doing rounds is a thing of the past.

Rounds are for folk who drink out of obligation rather than a way to enjoy themselves. "Hud on, let me down this drink purely so that someone else can buy me the next one even though I'm not really ready for it".

The hybrid system of going to the bar when you need one, but also offering to buy a drink for anyone in your party who needs one at the same time, tends to work pretty well when you're in distinguished company. You roughly end up buying the same number of drinks that you actually consume, and it lets you drink at your own pace.

@dirty dingus Is it you who is coming to Thailand later in the year?

Here is where our tourism situation is at https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1963463/safe-and-sealed-brings-hope-for-tourism-rally

Not great to be honest.  There is whispers within the tourism community/businesses  (I was part of it until May) that the Government  are holding out for a vaccine and to down tools until Jan '22 (Chinese New Year) 😱. Internal tourism is the way for 2 years....

Edited by SlipperyP