Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Middle aged woman came into my work yesterday.
Admitted she'd just got back from France that morning, and had spent all morning at the dentist and shops. No face mask on as she "didn't have one on her".
Drove past the skate park and it was filled with huge groups huddled together. On the park you had large groups gathering having picnics.
Can see Perth getting hit soon.

I take my wee boy to the playpark in Saughton Park which has a skate park next to it and it’s been well used since play areas were reopened over a month ago. Likewise the rose gardens in the same park with some people having picnics.

From what we can work out the places that have seen outbreaks are due to people in close proximity indoors (bars in Aberdeen, workplaces Leicester) not going for a picnic with a limited group of people or going to an outdoor skatepark.

I take my wee boy to the playpark in Saughton Park which has a skate park next to it and it’s been well used since play areas were reopened over a month ago. Likewise the rose gardens in the same park with some people having picnics.

From what we can work out the places that have seen outbreaks are due to people in close proximity indoors (bars in Aberdeen, workplaces Leicester) not going for a picnic with a limited group of people or going to an outdoor skatepark.

I think thats why they’re shiting it for winter time A because the weather doesn’t permit outdoor gatherings ( football except ) and B because folk will be scunnered with restrictions by then and just widely ignore them which is already happening to an extent

12 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I'm very flattered, but I think it is time to get back to the Top Madonna tunes. The last 2200 pages have been a bit shite.

Vogue is tremendous.

It was established 1500 pages ago that Madonna's best song is Like A Prayer, and anyone who disagrees is a philistine.

EDIT: Probably a beast as well.

Edited by Gaz

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It's good that there aren't any plans to have thousands of people indoors in close proximity any time soon.

18 hours ago, 101 said:

Unless you are writing the regulations you have no idea what will and won't be banned FM said it must be at a level that people don't have to shout or lean in to hear. Really low level music in something like a wine bar I doubt will be banned. I would hope someone who lives in this thread would be trying to keep informed but alas you make yourself look like an arse

https://www.gov.scot/news/hospitality-rules-tightened/

"Hospitality premises should be collecting customer contact details for Test and Protect. Tables should be pre-booked where possible, with no queueing. There should be no background music and TVs should be muted to reduce the need for people to shout or lean in to each other, and no more than three households at a time should be meeting in a group"

HTH

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

What about the outbreak linked to a pharmacy in Port Glasgow the previous week? And there's also a reporting issue in the sense that it's going to be rather more difficult to link an outbreak to an outdoor park when people don't have to record their presence there in the first place and quite possibly neglect to even mention it if tracked by a contact tracer. There are no black and white, safe/unsafe environments out there. People should certainly be allowed to make their own informed decisions based on the relative risk but the idea that there are only certain, obviously unsafe spaces in which the virus is transmitted right now is false. 

50 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

https://www.gov.scot/news/hospitality-rules-tightened/

"Hospitality premises should be collecting customer contact details for Test and Protect. Tables should be pre-booked where possible, with no queueing. There should be no background music and TVs should be muted to reduce the need for people to shout or lean in to each other, and no more than three households at a time should be meeting in a group"

HTH

Well that’s absolutely not been happening in the pubs. 

Edited by 8MileBU

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

The music thing doesn't apply until Friday.

Low volume background music was previously allowed, and is still allowed until then.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
15 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I didnt enter a single pub when I was out the other week who werent taking names

What about kicking ass?