Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I'm very flattered, but I think it is time to get back to the Top Madonna tunes. The last 2200 pages have been a bit shite.

Vogue is tremendous.

I'm not sure that would be appropriate in these sad times.

In March, Madonna described coronavirus as “the great equaliser”. From a petal-filled bath, she said: “What’s terrible about it is that it’s made us all equal in many ways, and what’s wonderful about is, is that it’s made us all equal in many ways.”

Now.

She captioned the video with claims that a vaccine for Covid-19 has “been found and proven and has been available for months”. She continued: “They would rather let fear control the people and let the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.”

The video shows Dr Stella Immanuel, a primary care physician in Houston, Texas, claiming to have treated 350 coronavirus patients with hydroxychloroquine. She was speaking with a group called America’s Frontline Doctors outside the US Supreme Court building.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/jul/29/madonnas-instagram-flagged-for-spreading-coronavirus-misinformation

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

July 29. @Theroadlesstravelledinformed this thread that she had gone insane on March 23rd. P&B ahead of the game as always.

26 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I'm very flattered, but I think it is time to get back to the Top Madonna tunes. The last 2200 pages have been a bit shite.

Vogue is tremendous.

Vogue is a classic. Also directly responsible for Lady Gaga, imo.

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Vogue is a classic. Also directly responsible for Lady Gaga, imo.

Is one of her top tracks not a literal knock off of Express Yourself?

Good to see the thread is back on track. If someone could plot a few graphs of Madonna quality against time that would be great.

51 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Her last decent track was Frozen.

I liked one of her songs that SOPHIE and Diplo produced but I haven't listened to it in years and am well aware a woman of Madonna's age shouldn't be making tunes that sound like that.

Edited by NotThePars

10 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Nobody seriously thought the UK would insist on a proper isolation in a designated premises like Korea did they?

Unless they do that, quarantine is essentially pointless. If you get off a plane and go through an airport, maybe go on public transport etc, then it's surely not worth doing.

Unless they do that, quarantine is essentially pointless. If you get off a plane and go through an airport, maybe go on public transport etc, then it's surely not worth doing.
Passing through those places with a bit of caution then staying in the house as much as posisble still has to be better than going straight back to work etc though.

Could really do with some improvements in testing though and cut back on the need for arbitrary times for quarantine etc. Not sure if theres anything quicker/more convenient in the pipeline re testing.

14 minutes ago, 101 said:

https://www.ktnv.com/news/coronavirus/doctors-dentists-warn-of-mask-mouth-trend

Chew gum to avoid meth mouth, this sounds pretty nasty and turns out being a mouth breather is far better for oral hygiene

Celebrity doctor op ed piece thread for this pish.

On 07/08/2020 at 19:24, Billy Jean King said:
On 07/08/2020 at 19:21, hk blues said:
But IF the players did indeed contract it in a pub, doesn't that suggest some degree of self-inflicted damage?
That said,  these sort of problems are likely to crop up.

They really are not, SPFL was told CD restart required clubs to ensure players followed guidance designed specifically to minimize this risk one of which is to avoid pubs, clubs etc.

Right...and people always follow the rules of course.