Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

They had a huge geographical advantage with nobody capable of bombing them. Heard a radio thing recently saying that we had to split Spitfire production into wee sheds around the country.

The Soviets were subject to the largest invasion in world history yet packed up their factories and sent them by train over to Siberia to produce the T-34s that won the war. Britain could have used the Highlands for the same purpose but decided to use some tinpot shed system instead.

Hard to explain why one emerged from the war as a global superpower while the other lost an empire and became America's bitch vassal state IMO.

@Genuine Hibs Fan, I think you are the correct poster. Apologies if wrong. Am I right in saying you are self-isolating after traveling to Spain. Have they done anything to check at all? I am supposed to be flying to Belgium in two weeks (yes it is essential travel), and now will have to isolate. I am wondering what to expect.

[mention=76392]Genuine Hibs Fan[/mention], I think you are the correct poster. Apologies if wrong. Am I right in saying you are self-isolating after traveling to Spain. Have they done anything to check at all? I am supposed to be flying to Belgium in two weeks (yes it is essential travel), and now will have to isolate. I am wondering what to expect.
Are you sure you're not checking to see if you can get away with not doing it?

26 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

@Genuine Hibs Fan, I think you are the correct poster. Apologies if wrong. Am I right in saying you are self-isolating after traveling to Spain. Have they done anything to check at all? I am supposed to be flying to Belgium in two weeks (yes it is essential travel), and now will have to isolate. I am wondering what to expect.

Aye that's me. Not too bad tbh, got a call from the track and trace folk a day or two later just checking I knew I had to self isolate and where to find info, no checking up on you or being Snoopy. It's as it sounds, you shouldn't be going out at all really, only exceptions are for emergencies or for groceries.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
32 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:
[mention=76392]Genuine Hibs Fan[/mention], I think you are the correct poster. Apologies if wrong. Am I right in saying you are self-isolating after traveling to Spain. Have they done anything to check at all? I am supposed to be flying to Belgium in two weeks (yes it is essential travel), and now will have to isolate. I am wondering what to expect.

Are you sure you're not checking to see if you can get away with not doing it?

Kind of.

in that i am working from home and I certainly won't go to a pub or visiting other houses. I even have people that can do the groceries for me. More that I don't have a garden. And I would at least like to able to get out for a walk, which obviously isn't essential, but in my mind at least isn't risky behaviour. 

Edited by Turkmenbashi

Wait, the 'self isolation' procedure for people swanning back from Covid-plagued countries is actually 'don't leave the house except if you need a loaf of bread and the papers, in which case waltzing into a supermarket is fine'?

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Kind of.

in that i am working from home and I certainly won't go to a pub or visiting other houses. I even have people that can do the groceries for me. More that I don't have a garden. And I would at least like to able to get out for a walk, which obviously isn't essential, but in my mind at least isn't risky behaviour. 

I'd just treat it like the old lockdown, if they happen to phone you while you're out for a walk tell them you're out for essential supplies. I doubt they'll be monitoring where you are anyway. In New Zealand you'd be straight to a commandeered hotel for 2 weeks, meals and accommodation paid for by the Government and guarded by policemen. Here it's just a request to play nice and try not to be too far from your nominated address.

On 07/08/2020 at 12:42, Todd_is_God said:

Low background music was not banned, however. It now is.

Queuing outside is necessary if she wants to prevent pub crawls. Making premises take bookings will encourage that, as no one is going out for just 2 hours.

You could order at the bar. That's why all those perspex screens were put up.

Unless you are writing the regulations you have no idea what will and won't be banned FM said it must be at a level that people don't have to shout or lean in to hear. Really low level music in something like a wine bar I doubt will be banned. I would hope someone who lives in this thread would be trying to keep informed but alas you make yourself look like an arse

2 hours ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Kind of.

If you don't have a garden does that mean you live in a flat? If so when you leave it's probably advisable to clean what you touch as you exit and enter the building

42 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd just treat it like the old lockdown, if they happen to phone you while you're out for a walk tell them you're out for essential supplies. I doubt they'll be monitoring where you are anyway. In New Zealand you'd be straight to a commandeered hotel for 2 weeks, meals and accommodation paid for by the Government and guarded by policemen. Here it's just a request to play nice and try not to be too far from your nominated address.

Aye because the old lockdown was such a roaring success after all.

2 hours ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Kind of.

Reported. @pccabe

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

A bit late, but yes, it probably was. Lots of mistakes of course.

No, it really wasn't, unless you think that keeping measures in place for longer than just about any part of Europe somehow counts as successful.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Wait, the 'self isolation' procedure for people swanning back from Covid-plagued countries is actually 'don't leave the house except if you need a loaf of bread and the papers, in which case waltzing into a supermarket is fine'?

Aye that's pretty much it. Nuts I know

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I In New Zealand you'd be straight to a commandeered hotel for 2 weeks, meals and accommodation paid for by the Government and guarded by policemen.

2 weeks lockdown in the St Enoch Hotel would sort out those Aberdeen players.

4 hours ago, virginton said:

No, it really wasn't, unless you think that keeping measures in place for longer than just about any part of Europe somehow counts as successful.

Los chicos hicimos un gran trabajo, amigo!