Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
No background music, mandatory table bookings, no queuing outside, table service only
All from next Friday by which point there will be no issue anyway emoji1787.png

No tv volume / music and table service only were already part of the reopening measures. No queues is trial common sense.

Low background music was not banned, however. It now is.

Queuing outside is necessary if she wants to prevent pub crawls. Making premises take bookings will encourage that, as no one is going out for just 2 hours.

You could order at the bar. That's why all those perspex screens were put up.

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
Zero recorded cases of transmission in libraries.
SG: Masks must now be worn in libraries

How the hell would there be any record of that stop talking utter shite.

How would there not be?

Teachers are required to provide estimates every year.  I'd be interested to see how this year's compare to previous years' estimate data.  I've not yet seen that anywhere.  Has anyone else? 

Letting this year's 'results' stand if wildly out of line (which they are) would be a huge mistake.  It would negate the achievements of those who've deservedly done well.  It would also have significant knock-on effects.  These effects would be felt in school, as well as in the wider world.  Lots of kids would suddenly be embarking on Higher and Advanced Higher courses for which they're not equipped.  To be honest, there'll be some of that anyway now, but without the downgrading, things would be worse.  

The results in my department are some of the worst we've had in 5 years - they have not even bothered looking at our grade averages or estimate trends (we tend to underestimate).

Instead of targeting those who were clearly at it they've used a broad brush approach that punished those who played the game fairly. Some pupils have been downgraded not once but twice - the first time when we internally moderated and again when SQA downgraded them. I've several pupils who were borderline 2/3 - we eventually entered them at a 3 - they've been awarded 5s - an utter nonsense.

Why should schools who were honest be punished yet others who gamed it were not?

43 new cases today, down q bit from yesterday. Hopefully the recent higher numbers was the contact tracing hoovering up the recent outbreak
I would think that's what it is which surely goes to show that the track and trace system is doing its job.

The Aberdeen situation is far from ideal but I don't see the need to panic too much at this stage. If deaths and hospital admissions start shooting back up then that's obviously a cause for concern but there was always bound to be increased infections and localised clusters as restrictions were lifted.

26 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Aberdeen should be forced to field their weakened side tomorrow or St Johnstone awarded a 3-0 victory. The only losers from the postponement are St Johnstone.

3-0 victory should be awarded to St Johnstone, Hamilton and Celtic.  I'm embarrassed by the players that went to the pub and put risk to the whole of Scottish football. 

NS hates football. Still reeling from having to repeal the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act, she's right in about blaming football at the first opportunity here.

Mentioning standing to watch football on tv in the latest re-iteration of restrictions rather than simply "standing"

"Furious" at Aberdeen players.

But, funnily enough:

Not furious about the mistakes that caused care home deaths.

Not furious about the poor management in the call center outbreak.

15 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Zero recorded cases of transmission in libraries.

SG: Masks must now be worn in libraries

Could you give a list of places where transmission has been recorded so we know where we don't have to bother with a mask?

22 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I live beside a rabid SNP supporter, by that I mean one that don’t thinks they do wrong with ANYTHING, whereas I can be more balanced and see when wrong is wrong. Anyway I was speaking to her yesterday and she said “Nicola is doing a great job of keeping us all safe”. Absolute brainwashed and wanting to be mollycoddled before we get the “vaccine” more like 

Ah so you prefer Bungling Boris' approach do you?

What are your suggestions as to what she should be doing right now ?

Low background music was not banned, however. It now is.
Queuing outside is necessary if she wants to prevent pub crawls. Making premises take bookings will encourage that, as no one is going out for just 2 hours.
I have yet to visit any premesis that had music or tv volume, when someone asked for volume on the racing last week they were told it wasn't allowed. As for the rest of that post it makes no sense !

You are seriously losing the plot mate, you are visibly tipping over the edge over the last few weeks. What's the point, it doesn't influence anything. You either follow the advice or you chose not too with the acceptance that if you do it's simply prolonging the whole situation for everyone as the people of Aberdeen proved last weekend. Like it or loathe it NS is 100% clear that she will clamp down on any spikes with a declared intent to eliminate C19. You disagree, we all get that but there is nothing you or anyone else can do to alter that outwith an election which is a bit off yet. Whatever govt was incumbent when this struck was going to get stick from a certain (thankfully small) percentage who think it's all a hoax / over reaction but one of any govts primary functions is public safety and public health. You clearly feel that's unfair to you specifically but that says more about you than the govt, they have a public duty to do so, to protect EVERY life they can. If that means slightly inconveniencing some by imposing measures on how pubs operate it's not the end if the world as you and a few other on here seem to blow such things up to be.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

NS hates football. Still reeling from having to repeal the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act, she's right in about blaming football at the first opportunity here.

Mentioning standing to watch football on tv in the latest re-iteration of restrictions rather than simply "standing"

But, funnily enough:

Mate did you have an argument with the wife last night or something. You're flailing crazily this morning. Your earlier deleted post was wild. Take a chill pill. 👍 

Edited by madwullie

Just now, Caledonian1 said:

Ah so you prefer Bungling Boris' approach do you?

What are your suggestions as to what she should be doing right now ?

That’s like like saying do I prefer Fred West or Jack the Ripper. Both NS and BJ have been far from great leaders during all of this. 

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

But, funnily enough:

You never seem to be happy with anything...would you prefer her to be delighted with the actions of the Aberdeen players.  Them going out in town, which is clearly breaching the protocols agreed with clubs, is certainly a reason to get furious 

The library thing is clearly because its indoors. Imo it seems pretty sensible and I really don't see whta the fuss is with complying. 

Took my dad down to the garden centre this morning for a coffee. Me, the wife, the two boys and the old man, masks oot. Just about everybody in there wearing one too, then once in the restaurant bit it was very distanced and most people including us de-masked. Seems pretty sensible unless you are the type of person to refer to masks as muzzles or face nappies in which case you'd probably be incandescent. 

A tug on the leash was always going to be neccessary since it was obvious from day 1 that pubs etc would rip the pish. Consolidating where we are is the right thing to do, since more and more folk will behave like dicks if it's obvious there will be nonl repercussions.

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I have yet to visit any premesis that had music or tv volume, when someone asked for volume on the racing last week they were told it wasn't allowed. As for the rest of that post it makes no sense !

You are seriously losing the plot mate, you are visibly tipping over the edge over the last few weeks. What's the point, it doesn't influence anything. You either follow the advice or you chose not too with the acceptance that if you do it's simply prolonging the whole situation for everyone as the people of Aberdeen proved last weekend. Like it or loathe it NS is 100% clear that she will clamp down on any spikes with a declared intent to eliminate C19. You disagree, we all get that but there is nothing you or anyone else can do to alter that outwith an election which is a bit off yet. Whatever govt was incumbent when this struck was going to get stick from a certain (thankfully small) percentage who think it's all a hoax / over reaction but one of any govts primary functions is public safety and public health. You clearly feel that's unfair to you specifically but that says more about you than the govt, they have a public duty to do so, to protect EVERY life they can. If that means slightly inconveniencing some by imposing measures on how pubs operate it's not the end if the world as you and a few other on here seem to blow such things up to be.

Excellent post

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

A record that specifically proved someone contracted C19 in a public library ???

Seriously you need to take some time away from this !

I mean, there's probably no data specifying libraries, but there's plenty of data that transmission is much more likely indoors. Is that not enough?