Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-53665394

This woman doesn't come off well at all in this story.

She's a lawyer yet couldn't fill in a basic screening form which very few people have issues with, and she's a lawyer who flies with EasyJet.

If she was denied boarding and feels this was unfair then perhaps she should pursue an EU261 claim rather than moaning to the BBC. 

Can't fill in a form and is apparently unaware of the remedies available to cover situations. I'd say that's her legal career up in smoke then. 

I am firmly of the view here that the strategy is to do what they can to keep the poor poor in order to ensure they are too busy worrying where the next meal is coming from to think about how they can make the place work better for everyone.  

Don’t think your far off with that comment. Education is the key and the government place next to zero emphasis on that. The schools in some of the provinces are unbelievable. Classes left unattended as teachers just don't bother turning up.

I always reckoned the first step should be clamping down on where all the transport can operate. Pedicabs only in sub divisions, trikes around the sub divisions and so forth.

Back on topic see you are now officially worst in SEA as of today.

1 hour ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Not really surprised about the Aberdeen lockdown. Unfortunately the behaviour of some folks in pubs seems to be that it was ok to just act normally.

I can only go with what i've seen down here but people seem to start of with the best of intentions and then unsurprisingly after a few drinks the distancing goes out the window (so to speak!). I agree its difficult for the staff to try and ensure folks stick to the rules but there does seem to be a group of pubs/ restaurants that are happy to have folks back in and will just turn the other way.

So why was there an outbreak cluster linked to a pharmacy in Port Glasgow at the end of last month? Do you think that the staff were letting the junkies coming in for the methadone hold a big party in the middle of the shop floor or something?

This urge to link essentially random outbreaks of a highly contagious disease to specific human behaviour that you want to get on your high horse about is utterly ridiculous.

NB: I see that we're still believing in the 'stick to the social distancing rules and no outbreak could ever happen!!!1111!!!!' nonsense idea as well.

Edited by vikingTON

23 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Been interesting to see the general attitude shift over time as well, although I still couldn't give a shiny shit about gyms being open or not tbh. 

My Pussbook feed would suggest that gyms are the real cornerstone of any economy and without them, we're proper fucked. 

23 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Stopped reading this thread regularly a month or so ago and caught up about 200 pages or so the last few days. Lot of roasters on this forum eh?

Been interesting to see the general attitude shift over time as well, although I still couldn't give a shiny shit about gyms being open or not tbh. 

Not sure you needed to read 200 pages of this thread to come to that conclusion tbh

There were obvious issues over the past few weeks with many places up here.  Soul Bar has been the biggest example, ques like that had been the norm for weeks and apparently track and trace data capture was random, at best.  Primark on Union St had similar ques outside.

I don't really know what this means going forward though.  Outbreaks and clusters will happen, and once furlough is gone a sporadic impulse lockdown just won't work for businesses.  Not to say it isn't the right thing from a health point of view, but I cant help but feel that the furlough scheme has given some of the people up here a slightly false sense of perspective.  Assuming furlough ends in October, this type of action will be crippling for businesses going forward - and if this is the way the country will react to localised clusters and outbreaks, then that's what will happen.

I'm not really sure what Aberdeen has done wrong that no other major town or city in Scotland hasn't though.  Every town has arseholes who are even bigger arseholes after a drink.  I cant help but feel that the movement of people on/off shore as well as movement of people around the country to get here in the first place to go offshore, is our point of differentiation.  I guess there had possibly been a false sense of security given Aberdeen's relatively remote location, and the Grampian area seeing low or no cases lately.  

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

There were obvious issues over the past few weeks with many places up here.  Soul Bar has been the biggest example, ques like that had been the norm for weeks and apparently track and trace data capture was random, at best.  Primark on Union St had similar ques outside.

I don't really know what this means going forward though.  Outbreaks and clusters will happen, and once furlough is gone a sporadic impulse lockdown just won't work for businesses.  Not to say it isn't the right thing from a health point of view, but I cant help but feel that the furlough scheme has given some of the people up here a slightly false sense of perspective.  Assuming furlough ends in October, this type of action will be crippling for businesses going forward - and if this is the way the country will react to localised clusters and outbreaks, then that's what will happen.

I'm not really sure what Aberdeen has done wrong that no other major town or city in Scotland hasn't though.  Every town has arseholes who are even bigger arseholes after a drink.  I cant help but feel that the movement of people on/off shore as well as movement of people around the country to get here in the first place to go offshore, is our point of differentiation.  I guess there had possibly been a false sense of security given Aberdeen's relatively remote location, and the Grampian area seeing low or no cases lately.  

The answer is almost certainly nothing. It's a bit like watching the lottery and asking what's so special about ball number 35 that it got drawn out first by Lancelot or whatever they call the machines these days.

58 minutes ago, virginton said:

So why was there an outbreak cluster linked to a pharmacy in Port Glasgow at the end of last month? Do you think that the staff were letting the junkies coming in for the methadone hold a big party in the middle of the shop floor or something?

This urge to link essentially random outbreaks of a highly contagious disease to specific human behaviour that you want to get on your high horse about is utterly ridiculous.

NB: I see that we're still believing in the 'stick to the social distancing rules and no outbreak could ever happen!!!1111!!!!' nonsense idea as well.

No those cases are apparently linked as one of the staff members in the chemist is in a relationship with one of the amazon cases and apparently the amazon boy caught it on a night out. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

A lot of pent up bitterness about Aberdeen on this thread. Sad to see.

I’m quite bitter about the fact that the city has all this money and yet has still managed to remain a complete shithole. It’s like when someone wins the lottery and has no clue how to spend it. That’s Aberdeen. With a shite accent.

1 hour ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Stopped reading this thread regularly a month or so ago and caught up about 200 pages or so the last few days. Lot of roasters on this forum eh?

Thanks for all the positive rep points as you went through the journey.

Give us your top 5 roasters power rankings from those 200 pages.

1 hour ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Education is the key and the cover place next to zero emphasis on that. 

Yep...and quite ironic given how many of them have degrees from so many prestigious universities!

Yes, I am being sarcastic.  

The problem NS has is that by lecturing people and spreading fear for months, people simply stopped listening, and have made their own minds up.

The people that were terrified to go out won't have been going out anyway, and will still stick to the guidance religiously. Those that know that they aren't really at anywhere near the level of risk NS wants them to believe they are have already stopped listening, will continue to do so, will more than likely ignore being told they can't visit their pals' houses, and will be straight back out as soon as they are allowed to.

Yep...and quite ironic given how many of them have degrees from so many prestigious universities!
Yes, I am being sarcastic.  

There is some emphasise on a few universities like De La Salle more or less for the elite, but that's where it ends.

It's a real sorry state of affairs that's not just unique to The Philippines. Had dealings with several schools when I lived there and everyone was shit, but visited a school in Mindanao and words could never describe it.

Than again, words can hardly describe Mindanao.

I guess most of the CoVid-19 issues are in Metro Manila/Calabarzon?

NS definitely ramping up the rhetoric that she will simply not accept nor will she allow the virus to spike like it has in Aberdeen and big hints they are about to amend the guidance and legislation around the hospitality sector. Looks like she wants to stop "pub crawls" but god knows how you enforce that.