Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Have I hit my head and woken up in the middle of March again?

It's very simple. If local transmission is the thing, then nobody should be going there.

If imported cases are the thing, then nobody should be going there.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

If you can't see the importance in the different kind of cases, then you've not been paying attention.

Imported or local transmission? Which is it?

Nah mate, I've been paying attention all right.

You've been doing this whole 'no one should go anywhere and if you do you're a bad human being' shtick since February. It shows you up as someone who is petrified of their own shadow, which in itself, fair enough...being cautious is your prerogative. But you seem to take some glee in spending your time berating anyone who dares to leave the confines of their own circle.

A woman visiting her own sister? That's stupid? Give me a fucking break.

You can tell JTS98 has been sitting about desperately waiting for any wee minor flare-up to happen somewhere in the country so he can jump on here with some weird "I told you so" take about how everybody should be locked in their house until the already minuscule number of cases is reduced to zero.

Just replying for a laugh then? Ok.

I've no I idea what you mean now. "What kind of infection" could have meant severity or symptomatic v asymptomatic or probably other things. I'll leave you to it.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I've no I idea what you mean now. "What kind of infection" could have meant severity or symptomatic v asymptomatic or probably other things. I'll leave you to it.

Well, I narrowed it down for you quite effectively.

Local transmission or imported cases? Which is it?

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You can tell JTS98 has been sitting about desperately waiting for any wee minor flare-up to happen somewhere in the country so he can jump on here with some weird "I told you so" take about how everybody should be locked in their house until the already minuscule number of cases is reduced to zero.

You are a very strange man.

Well, I narrowed it down for you quite effectively.

Local transmission or imported cases? Which is it?

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I've no idea, the stats aren't categorised in that way.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

TBH I thought he was just looking for new boring AF trolling material after his absolutely shambolic performance over Hearts' much deserved relegation. 

Guest JTS98
22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Highland and Moray have had 9 infections between them since June 1st, and one death each. I'd say you'd need to be mad to tell my Mum not to visit my sister.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Right. Ok. Everyone carry on. It'll be fine.

4 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Almost 5,000 new people tested is a very large number as well. Someone on here mentioned yesterday that the testing centre was bouncing, so it maybe should not be a huge surprise that cases were identified.

7 days is a sensible review period, though the cynic in me feels that if the schools were going back in more than 7 days, that review period would be longer.

I understand the reason for using such stark language, but a small number of cases shows that it's contageous (we knew that), but does not alone prove that the virus is "very dangerous"

The test centre is busy today, I heard of quite a few Aberdeen people having to go to Forfar to get tested. 

Edited by betting competition

Guest JTS98

So are we saying here that nobody knows whether these cases are local transmissions or imported?

I mean, no fucking about, that's quite important.

Edited by JTS98

not sure if this is veriifed but you have to wonder at the mentality of people who hear that all pubs are going to be closed due to potential transmission of a virus so they pile into the nearest boozer.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

That's not a bad thing

Going to Forfar is acceptable to get a bridie and nothing else

Just now, ICTChris said:

not sure if this is veriifed but you have to wonder at the mentality of people who hear that all pubs are going to be closed due to potential transmission of a virus so they pile into the nearest boozer.

When the first mandatory closing of pubs was announced in March our local Sportsters in Falkirk ran a massive "one last night of drinking!!!!" promotion.

5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Going to Forfar is acceptable to get a bridie and nothing else

When the first mandatory closing of pubs was announced in March our local Sportsters in Falkirk ran a massive "one last night of drinking!!!!" promotion.

Forfar bridies are one of the biggest disappointment I've ever had. So much talk, such little enjoyment from them.