Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I for one am looking forward to the media and the SG peddling the same 'we'll shut this whole thing down again' moralising pish as soon as a cluster of cases can be traced back to a reopened school (I give it a fortnight after reopening).

4 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

27 folk in the Aberdeen pub cluster. 

Is the pub involved a locals bar for a few pints and a few random  jakeys  or a teenagers getting pished type party venue? 

Definitely the former - pretty much a locals bar and decent for watching sport.

27 is an incredible number to be infected - just shows what can happen - its not even a large bar so I cannot imagine there being many more in there on the given date.  Wondering if it may have been one of the bar staff infecting others? 

11 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I just took it from here:

https://dundeecity.gov.uk/sites/default/files/publications/2018-19 school holidays.pdf

None of the dates you mention were in-service days.

Remember in 19/20 there were two extra ones tacked on because of the "pay deal". I don't remember asking for them, but the EIS seemed to take it as some sort of bonus  to cover up their incompetent negotiation skills.

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Sorry m8 but if you are over 50, its cans in the house for you. I am sure me and others like me will endeavour to keep the hospitality industries lights on until you have been vaccinated and approved for public appearances again. 

A wee hair dye and I’d easily pass for 49 3/4s

Definitely the former - pretty much a locals bar and decent for watching sport.
27 is an incredible number to be infected - just shows what can happen - its not even a large bar so I cannot imagine there being many more in there on the given date.  Wondering if it may have been one of the bar staff infecting others? 
It would be interesting to know how many of the 27 develop symptoms. I'm assuming none are at the moment due to the incubation period

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

Full support to teachers and their union when someone with power and influence starts talking like VT.

The teachers wont need my support to avoid 6 days a week. I would simply not be sending my kids on any 6th day. Nor would I be denying them Easter holidays. 

This despite the fact that school is only useful because I am all lazy parent who doesnt like his kids. 

Would like to know how schools are safer than pubs when you've got wee ones running around daft touching all their pals and just being kids (manky bassers).
Then going home and spreading it around to adults.

Usually this is how flu is spread around. That and workplaces.

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Would like to know how schools are safer than pubs when you've got wee ones running around daft touching all their pals and just being kids (manky bassers).
Then going home and spreading it around to adults.

Usually this is how flu is spread around. That and workplaces.

There probably won't be any pictures on social media for Nicola to have a greet over and dish out a rap lecture about though, which I believe is how we're officially managing infection risk right now.

Edited by vikingTON

Some absolute bellend founder of Pimlico Plumbers on Channel 4 News now boasting about punting dozens of employees for refusing to go back to work and 'milking the furlough system', via a Zoom chat from (where else) Marbella. 

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Is it something to worry about or does it mean test and trace is working? Hopefully the latter

The latter.

It shouldn't be a surprise that targetted testing is producing more positive results either.

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

The staff are in on the 16th.

For half a day? Again its another day I need to potentially take off work. 

My work is fairly flexible so I'm usually fine but I know many are fucked as the amount of days they need to take extra off because of the amount of days the kids are not at school.

Not sure where i stand regarding kids going back. I'm guessing will/ or best be a system regarding parents in school ground picking up their children 

I’d quite happily get rid of in service days, I’ve yet to sit through one that I felt was of any use. All the ones I’ve endured are taken up with spreadsheets, updated policies and arguing over small things that never seem to matter. I’d rather have my class.

5 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

For half a day? Again its another day I need to potentially take off work. 

My work is fairly flexible so I'm usually fine but I know many are fucked as the amount of days they need to take extra off because of the amount of days the kids are not at school.

Not sure where i stand regarding kids going back. I'm guessing will/ or best be a system regarding parents in school ground picking up their children 

All teachers in Scotland are contracted to work 190 days a year with 5 in-service days. We get 40 days holiday a year.

Just now, super_carson said:

I’d quite happily get rid of in service days, I’ve yet to sit through one that I felt was of any use. All the ones I’ve endured are taken up with spreadsheets, updated policies and arguing over small things that never seem to matter. I’d rather have my class.

I think it depends on your headteacher. I've been fortunate that our in-service days are pretty good - a couple of hours in the morning going over the legally required stuff like child protection, a couple of hours of faculty time and then the rest of the time to let us get our classrooms / resources organised.

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

All teachers in Scotland are contracted to work 190 days a year with 5 in-service days. We get 40 days holiday a year.

40 days ?

2 weeks easter, 2 weeks October, 2 weeks xmas and 5 weeks in summer?

Anyway no point me going on. Just accept it and deal with what is going to happen.