Coronavirus (COVID-19)

We could have pubs and restaurants for over 50s. Anyone below can go to Wetherspoons and Brewers Fayre coups with their scabby wean's and leave me in peace. Childless 20 to 40s can piss off to a disused nightclub or something.
No. I think with the requirement to support pubs for them to survive, the wee quality locals etc need a bit more than you and your pals making a half and a half pint last four hours whilst droning on to anycunt that will listen about dominoes.

Real pubs need the generation of drinkers who are at their peak. That would be those in their 30s and 40s. The old duffers can share whatever is left with screaming prosecco gals and folk who take 25 minutes ofbthe bartenders time getting a cappuccino and a mocktail

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

No. I think with the requirement to support pubs for them to survive, the wee quality locals etc need a bit more than you and your pals making a half and a half pint last four hours whilst droning on to anycunt that will listen about dominoes.

Real pubs need the generation of drinkers who are at their peak. That would be those in their 30s and 40s. The old duffers can share whatever is left with screaming prosecco gals and folk who take 25 minutes ofbthe bartenders time getting a cappuccino and a mocktail

Shut up, you can sit in the house with your home made wallop.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Many in-service days do teachers get now? Seem to be more every year as I need to get child care sorted every time or take it unpaid. 

Was going to ask in a different thread but plenty teachers here.

It's been 5 for a few years now.

36 minutes ago, virginton said:

Scrap the February week and Easter fortnight and you've got 30 extra days of schooling right there. 

Not every local authority gives pupils a week in February.

Since the schools opening seems to be the sub topic of the day i just had a wee chortle at the union boy on the news saying schools should not open if they arent ready....thats the same boy that was on the same news programme a month or so ago insisting that schools had to open again 

Just to add ive already mentioned ages ago that those screaming for the schools to open will be the first ones screaming that they shouldnt be open as soon as there is a positive test linked to a school 

Edited by doulikefish

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Real pubs need the generation of drinkers who are at their peak. That would be those in their 30s and 40s. 

I’ve drunk more in the first 3 years of my 50s, than i ever did in my 30s and 40s, I’m still peaking

58B543E2-EA63-439C-ACE0-E90F62B08D93.gif

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Sure one was added as had to swap shifts about for it.

2 weeks on October

2 weeks in Easter 

2 weeks Xmas time 

6 weeks summer time 

5 days bank Holidays? 

I just had a wee hunt around. In 2018/2019 (the last 'full' year) Dundee had 5:

13th August
15th / 16th November
19th February
23rd May

9 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Sure one was added as had to swap shifts about for it.

2 weeks on October

2 weeks in Easter 

2 weeks Xmas time 

6 weeks summer time 

5 in service/ bank Holidays?

It's only 7-fingered banjo playing country that gets the two weeks tattie picking in October. Civilised areas make do with a week

5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I just had a wee hunt around. In 2018/2019 (the last 'full' year) Dundee had 5:

13th August
15th / 16th November
19th February
23rd May

13th November 

12th , 15th , 16th February 

3rd, 6th, 31st May 

August didn't  include as f**k knows whats happening.

Decent holidays for teacher's tbh. But aye I have to swap or go unpaid every time these days happen

8 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

I’ve drunk more in the first 3 years of my 50s, than i ever did in my 30s and 40s, I’m still peaking

58B543E2-EA63-439C-ACE0-E90F62B08D93.gif

Sorry m8 but if you are over 50, its cans in the house for you. I am sure me and others like me will endeavour to keep the hospitality industries lights on until you have been vaccinated and approved for public appearances again. 

7 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

13th November 

12th , 15th , 16th February 

3rd, 6th, 31st May 

August didn't  include as f**k knows whats happening.

Decent holidays for teacher's tbh. But aye I have to swap or go unpaid every time these days happen

I just took it from here:

https://dundeecity.gov.uk/sites/default/files/publications/2018-19 school holidays.pdf

None of the dates you mention were in-service days.

5 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

27 folk in the Aberdeen pub cluster. 

Is the pub involved a locals bar for a few pints and a few random  jakeys  or a teenagers getting pished type party venue? 

Any of the above, with one individual carrying the virus. 

Nicola was quite correct issuing a telling. Sadly the chances of any of the above tuning in, far less listening, seem remote

Edited by Angusfifer