Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Does The Science differentiate between the risks to 4-5 year olds in Primary One versus 16-17 year olds in Sixth Year? Or teachers in their 20s versus teachers in their 60s?

Schools going back may be the correct decision for a variety of reasons, but I wish they'd stop kidding everyone on that it's a risk based decision around the chances of spreading the virus. It's to placate parents and get more of them back out to work.

From what I've seen there is next to no increase in mortality rates between 4 year olds and 17 year olds. It would all depend on their likelihood to spread it because although children can get it they don't seem to be particularly good at spreading it.

As for teachers, I would imagine they will have to socially distance themselves from each other. I've never been in a school that isn't drafty as hell so it will be in a well ventilated space 

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

As for teachers, I would imagine they will have to socially distance themselves from each other. 

I'm happy with this, I rarely venture into the staff room being the only male teacher.  

Edited by super_carson

41 minutes ago, 101 said:

From what I've seen there is next to no increase in mortality rates between 4 year olds and 17 year olds. It would all depend on their likelihood to spread it because although children can get it they don't seem to be particularly good at spreading it.

As for teachers, I would imagine they will have to socially distance themselves from each other. I've never been in a school that isn't drafty as hell so it will be in a well ventilated space 

Several staff bases in our school (A reasonably new build) have no windows. Ours has ten PCs and 20 members of staff and it is almost unbearable when it's warm, with zero ventilation.

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm glad I have this thread to remind me that I dont actually care about my kids education and only want them to be schooled so I can get rid of them.

This thread is shite now.  I do like talking pish myself but that c**t gets all offended when people don't listen to his mental ideas, forums like these should be something you do when you've got time to kill or work to skive from . they should not be a competition on who can be the most dominant poster or whatever the f**k his game is

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

This thread is shite now.  I do like talking pish myself but that c**t gets all offended when people don't listen to his mental ideas, forums like these should be something you do when you've got time to kill or work to skive from . they should not be a competition on who can be the most dominant poster or whatever the f**k his game is

I'm afraid you're going to have to narrow this down...

8 minutes ago, David W said:

Several staff bases in our school (A reasonably new build) have no windows. Ours has ten PCs and 20 members of staff and it is almost unbearable when it's warm, with zero ventilation.

Sounds like a PFI school so the walls will give way to give your fresh air.

Well it doesn't sound like that will be a particularly usable space with social distancing but do you not have a PC in your class room?

48 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm glad I have this thread to remind me that I dont actually care about my kids education and only want them to be schooled so I can get rid of them.

27 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Imagine the joy if you could get them in school 6 or 7 days a week

15 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

That would be fucking great, well not so much the laddie but my soon to be teenage daughter is becoming a right pain in the hoop.

On a side note the new PPE masks has given me a dry scabby nose.  I'm incandescent.  🙏 for Tynie.

Haven't you chaps heard of boarding schools? Are you all poor?

We could have pubs and restaurants for over 50s. Anyone below can go to Wetherspoons and Brewers Fayre coups with their scabby weans and leave me in peace. Childless 20 to 40s can piss off to a disused nightclub or something.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

23 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Make kids go to school for 6 days a week so that after 3 months they have made up a whole 12 days! 

Genius. 

Scrap the February week and Easter fortnight and you've got 30 extra days of schooling right there.