Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Christ he's got you properly reeled in here, mate.

I’m just offended at being implicated in being called a beast. I think this is perfectly reasonable. I also find talking about coronavirus really dull and would rather discuss what makes someone a beast or not. I understand that this probably isn’t the correct thread for it but hopefully in time we can get the thread title changed to Fives (indoor vs outdoors). 

With Universities and HEI's opening soon has the First Minister considered what impact approx 50,000 students will have on the virus? There will be accommodations etc to be considered. 

What tests. quarantines etc will be put in place for these students arriving in Scotland or will be just winging it?

11 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Why would I want to play in the cold and rain when it’s not necessary (as it is with 11s). I don’t really play fives in general tbf - prefer Futsal.

Hate to break it to you, but playing futsol means you're on a list somewhere too.

9 minutes ago, Hard Graft said:

With Universities and HEI's opening soon has the First Minister considered what impact approx 50,000 students will have on the virus? There will be accommodations etc to be considered. 

What tests. quarantines etc will be put in place for these students arriving in Scotland or will be just winging it?

This was asked yesterday.

I don't remember much of the answer, but it was far from a robust plan.

10 minutes ago, Hard Graft said:

I'm going to take a punt here and say yes, she has considered it.

Quarantine them in the uni buildings forever. I hate all students as not a single one of them have qualified in how to be a pedestrian. Oblivious feckers with their stupid headphones.

St Andrew's in case anyone wondering.

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I understand that this probably isn’t the correct thread for it but hopefully in time we can get the thread title changed to Fives (indoor vs outdoors). 

This is underrated btw

More absolute nonsense death figures coming out of England.

Scotland: 0

N.I: 0

Wales: 4

NHS England: 9

England non hospital: 107

It's ridiculous. When do they plan on fixing this?

Edited by Todd_is_God

12 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

It’s like there’s a deficiency of basic competency.

Surely it can be fixed by a line or two of code to set a timeframe.

It's not really necessary to recalculate the full graph.

Surely it can be fixed by a line or two of code to set a timeframe.
It's not really necessary to recalculate the full graph.

There is absolutely zero chance that experienced data analysts are making an ‘error’ like that. It’s deliberate.

I’ve no idea why, right enough. It’s impossible to see any gain. If we’re being generous, perhaps the government can’t agree on a timeframe that positive test and death x days later means no Covid death, so everyone is included for now and we’ll have a large recalculation of the numbers at some stage. But I find that unlikely.

I also presume Scotland and the other devolved countries are managing just fine as despite the smaller populations, the odd person who tested positive in April would be dying now and we aren’t seeing that filtering through. Much like saying how many people get tested in a day, which is a number the devolved countries manage no hassle but is allegedly impossible in England.

I can’t stress enough these aren’t innocent errors. Impossible. There’s a reason.