Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Be careful out there folks, the crazies are posting advice on facebook.

POLICE BULLETIN
Warning!!!

People are going door to door handing out masks, they say it’s a new initiative from local government. They will always ask you to please put it on to see if it fits you. It has been doused with chemicals which knocks you out cold and once you're knocked out they proceed to rob you. Please do not accept masks from strangers. Remember, we are living in critical times and people are desperate to take advantage with the aim of making money. Crime rate has skyrocketed, so please be cautious and play safe!

Please send to all your friends, colleagues and loved ones so as to help them stay vigilant in this adverse situation.

Remember, sharing is caring!

I noticed less than 100 of the new cases today were in PHE / NHS settings, with the rest being Pillar 2

How likely is it that a large chunk of these are mild / asymptomatic cases picked up through Track & Trace, rather than people developing symptoms and independently booking a test? I guess we won't know for sure unless hospital admissions start imcreasing. This is information that would be useful for context.

It could be a sign that, like up here, contact tracing appears to be working. 

Blackburn should've had restrictions applied days ago, frankly. The prevalence rate was well above that which got Leicester a pronged period before further easements could be applied. 

The pubs and restaurants should be closed as well though - little sense saying don't go and see your mates but you may sit in a restaurant with strangers albeit at a distance. 

'The Science' may well have been totally shit in the beginning, but this is an utter farce. 

If your mate's got coronavirus and you go to the pub with him rather than visit him at home, your chances of catching it are the same. 

Edited by Michael W

England is having a fucking nightmare on the communication front. Introducing a half arsed lockdown on 4.5m people at 9pm without being able to set out anything with any sense of clarity is just laughable. I assume they're afraid to come out and say the "no meeting in a house" is aimed at the Asian community who may not otherwise go to the pub. I've already seen folk on my Facebook feed arranging to meet accidentally at the pub because they're not allowed to meet there on purpose. Utter f**k up.

6 hours ago, Michael W said:

'The Science' may well have been totally shit in the beginning, but this is an utter farce. 

If your mate's got coronavirus and you go to the pub with him rather than visit him at home, your chances of catching it are the same. 

No it isn't. When people meet at someone's home they are much more likely to hug/handshake and touch surfaces (hand round a bottle, share serving implements etc.). Most households will not have someone wandering round disinfecting surfaces and cleaning the toilet regularly, nor will hosts impose a strict two hour limit on guests. A properly managed pub adhering to social distancing guidelines is way safer than a private house.

8 hours ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

Seems to be. If we were a nation of fitness lovers and teetotallers, then the gyms would be open and pubs shut

Thankfully we're not so fucking boring as that.

1 hour ago, Arabdownunder said:

No it isn't. When people meet at someone's home they are much more likely to hug/handshake and touch surfaces (hand round a bottle, share serving implements etc.). Most households will not have someone wandering round disinfecting surfaces and cleaning the toilet regularly, nor will hosts impose a strict two hour limit on guests. A properly managed pub adhering to social distancing guidelines is way safer than a private house.

I don't think you've actually been to a pub since they reopened M8.

A 'strict two hour limit'. 

choofed.gif.36238632e894d58261d9a93423e6436f.gif

8 hours ago, Gaz said:

:lol:

They are literally just making it up as they go along.

Folk en masse are going to just completely disregard any restrictions imposed sooner rather than later.

And honestly, at first I was thinking it was borne of selfishness or pig-headedness but I now don't think I could really blame them if they do. The instructions are so contradictory, so convoluted and completely nonsensical that to be honest, England in particular is at a point where it might as well go 'f**k it' and just open everything again.

You can go out for a meal in a busy pub or restaurant with other people moving around and that's apparently safer than visiting your previously shielding maw at her house. 

It's a cynical cash grab. You can't fucking pick and choose how safe something is based on the amount of revenue it generates. Well, you can if you're a Tory.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It's a cynical cash grab. You can't fucking pick and choose how safe something is based on the amount of revenue it generates. Well, you can if you're a Tory.

Yip. Get out the house and spend your money peasants. Bonus points if it's in Tim Martin's shitheap hovels.

So you can't go to your mates house to see them, but you can go to the pub and meet them and loads of other random who've been up to who knows what. 

I know I was arguing for the usefulness of local lockdowns earlier in the thread, but to clarify I was talking about sensible and at least half heartedly enforced ocal lockdowns, not ones which have pretty much zero use and seem to eschew science in favour of people pleasing and bringing in some readies. 

So you can't go to your mates house to see them, but you can go to the pub and meet them and loads of other random who've been up to who knows what. 
I know I was arguing for the usefulness of local lockdowns earlier in the thread, but to clarify I was talking about sensible and at least half heartedly enforced ocal lockdowns, not ones which have pretty much zero use and seem to eschew science in favour of people pleasing and bringing in some readies. 

The only way we’ll be able to properly enforce local lockdowns is by allowing the Furlough scheme to continue until at least December, and allow pubs, restaurants and anywhere else that allows large crowds to congregate to reapply for the scheme during the local lockdown.

Because you can’t go back on furlough now once you’re taken off, and also because they’re adamant it ends in October we won’t see that happen, which is why we’ll have these half arsed lockdown measures for the next few months.

14 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Without admitting it they are trying to stop muslims meeting up during Eid al-Adha, even clownshoe Sarah Smith realises this and Hancock just waffled some shite about how social distancing is better in a pub than a garden. A happy medium would be allowing folks/familys to meet up in gardens as it's meant to be nice weather down there.