Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
9 minutes ago, Detournement said:
How can the biggest fixture in years be the test event?

How is it the biggest fixture in years?

We haven't been in a play off for 17 years. 

Edit - the Chris MacLaughlin tweet above says Israel on 4/9.

Edited by Detournement

Just on the gyms thing, I read that apparently they *could* be open by the end of August if new cases stayed low - basically if reopening schools hasn't caused a huge issue and if it looks like there have been no problems down south.  Again, I won't hold my breath for that actually happening.

32 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

I get the whole 'gyms are good for mental health' line. Exercise is clearly good for your mental health as well as your physical wellbeing. I can see the benefits in both for myself after some lifestyle changes in the last couple of years. 

But that arse Duncan Bannatyne is really getting on my man boobs (getting larger due to lack of exercise) at the moment with his bleating about not being able to open his gyms. He's not interested in people's mental health. He just wants his gyms open so he can line his already deep pockets. At least be honest and upfront about that you moron! 

Phew, feel better now. 

Got a membership at Nuffield, a similar sort of place to Bannatyne's. Miss it a bit but can just go for a run or cycle. Nice to see a few familiar faces there and have a bit of human interaction. 

Really missing the other sports club I go to. Brain is a bit frazzled from the job workload at the moment and it's usually the place, maybe like the pub for some, where I could let off steam, have a laugh with a real mixed bag of people and come away feeling totally buzzed. I know it's for the greater good though but still getting me down a bit not having it in my life. 

Edited by Shandon Par

6 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Just on the gyms thing, I read that apparently they *could* be open by the end of August if new cases stayed low - basically if reopening schools hasn't caused a huge issue and if it looks like there have been no problems down south.  Again, I won't hold my breath for that actually happening.

I'd be interested in reading the advice about gyms specifically, as most other countries in Europe, including those that have been badly affected have reopened gyms by now.  

England - 25th July

France - 2nd June

Germany - 11th May, with some local variations

Italy - 25th May, with some local variations

Spain - 8-10th June, with some local variations.

Belgium - 8th June

Some of these places were obviously affected by Covid earlier than Scotland so you'd expect the reopening to be on a different timeline but it seems strange that gyms in Scotland are being treated so cautiously. 

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
38 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
He could probably have framed the question better.

Enough of the cushy puns can anyone shed any light on when they'll be allowed to open?

SG have baulked at the suggestion it'll be any earlier than 14th September. They really do like to string it out.