Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The care home system was a disgrace and needed looked at before covid. There’s one near my folks house and I’ve never seen the residents or a single resident outside ever in twenty years. The owner has a nice brand new merc though.

3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

First, why? The story's about the CQC.

Second, you've twice said this is the BBC. It's the Scotsman.

Pedant point.  The CQC covers England.  It is the Care Inspectorate in Scotland 

18 hours ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

Yeh, lets forget about the mental health benefits of the gym. And don't give the exercise at home pish, resistance training isn't available at home to most

Lack of ingenuity imo.

18 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I fail to see why gyms can't be operating a limited number of people with cleaning sessions in between work-outs right now.

Offshore platform that I'm working on, which has a hard-on for distancing (even though everybody was tested and quarantined for a couple of days), has the gym open with every second treadmill, rowing machine, bike, weights-thingy etc etc being taped off.  Additionally, there's disinfectant spray all over the place for washing down each bit of kit following use.

The only thing I can think of is that it's not worth the onshore ones opening if they'd only get half of the income whilst overheads stay the same.

Change of tact but this is a football site.

Not sure if there is a maximum allowed but Tayport Fc ran a well organised car boot sale on Sunday.

So plenty of people in effect allowed within the confines of a football ground and it is still July.

Extremely well stewarded so fair play to the committee.

There is absolutely no reason this should mean that said football ground cannot accommodate supporters for a match in 3 months time.

I hope that lower level football does get treated differently than the more obvious problems in a Rangers v Celtic game.

The only thing I can think of is that it's not worth the onshore ones opening if they'd only get half of the income whilst overheads stay the same.

They’re going to have those overheads pretty much regardless once furlough ends, unless they lay off staff which Duncan Bannatyne has been on the news saying they’ll have to do if they don’t reopen by the end of August.

If they can reopen, even with limited access, they’ll be able to charge at least part of the monthly fees again.

58 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The only reason gyms aren't open is the Scottish Government.

The main overhead on gyms will debt for the equipment and rent. Staff costs will be heehaw in comparison.

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
38 minutes ago, Detournement said:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/29/half-of-mumbais-slum-residents-have-had-coronavirus-study
Herd immunity looking good in Mumbai.
The best way to deal with Corona virus is to let all the old folk die before it hits. 

Or put us all in covid slums.

Or Dunfermline as we call them here.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Change of tact but this is a football site.

Not sure if there is a maximum allowed but Tayport Fc ran a well organised car boot sale on Sunday.

So plenty of people in effect allowed within the confines of a football ground and it is still July.

Extremely well stewarded so fair play to the committee.

There is absolutely no reason this should mean that said football ground cannot accommodate supporters for a match in 3 months time.

I hope that lower level football does get treated differently than the more obvious problems in a Rangers v Celtic game.

I hope so too. But can't see it. 

Cast your mind back to March when SG's plan of 500 max crowds wan't going to come into affect until the day after a Rangers v Celtic game. Kinda gives you an insight into the mindset

Cast your mind back to March when SG's plan of 500 max crowds wan't going to come into affect until the day after a Rangers v Celtic game. Kinda gives you an insight into the mindset

Social distancing is fine untill theres two late goals when a team come from behind to win the game last minute. f**k yer social distancing! Surge to the front, give the other end the GIUY jump about together sing a song your 7 pound an hour stewards can’t and won’t stop it

17 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
20 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53476208
Are ours like this [mention=48748]WhiteRoseKilie[/mention]?

Thankfully not. We've been (so far) pretty lucky in our jails, as once a "bug" gets through the wall it generally ricochets around for a while, affecting staff and prisoners alike. At the two prisons I cover, one has had no prisoners treat positive out of a population of six hundred, the other has had five cases from a population of seven hundred. There have been less than a dozen cases in staff between the two nicks.

Good to know, long may it last.

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

I honestly think more was made of that than there actually was, or do you genuinely think elected ministers are thinking about Celtic and Rangers games? I don't think Jeane Freeman or Nicola Sturgeon could care less tbh.

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

To emphasise the point,(and the general mindset held by those in power)

(Other than training) Kids' football can't start until mid October at earliest. Yet they can go to school in two weeks, and need not social distance.

Been holding a belief for a while now that those in power at the SFA are getting some sort of perverse sense of staisfaction from being obstructive and holding the game back.