Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I get that it must be shite for those who’ve hurriedly packed off to Spain for a holiday to be told they have to quarantine but I’m having some laugh at everyone outraged on the news about it.

I'm more irritated about the collective moaning. 

As currently they are having to burn bodies of family members in the street who have died due to Covid, in Ecuador. As the state cannot cope. It's not the only horror story around the world.

Makes the holidaymakers seem even more selfish and thoughtless than they already are.

Puts things into perspective somewhat.

Guest bernardblack
I get that it must be shite for those who’ve hurriedly packed off to Spain for a holiday to be told they have to quarantine but I’m having some laugh at everyone outraged on the news about it.

I can’t believe people are surprised about it tbh. It must be shite having a holiday cancelled/having to quarantine etc but it’s hardly out the blue or unexpected.

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

My fav was a women complaining that she owned 2 businesses and would have 2 close them again.

My first thoughts were who is looking after them whilst you buggered off to majorca asap and if you were so concerned about them after they were closed during the lockdown is why did you bugger off to majorca asap 

Not to generalise too much, but the folk I've seen on my social media who have booked for Ibiza and Marbella are the same folk who were piling 25 folk into gardens, going to "Big Licks" for ice cream five nights a week and driving 60 miles to walk up hills, all while the R rate was through the roof and 1,000 folk a day were dying in the UK. 

Edited by Marshmallo

2 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The UK has extended its advice against all non-essential travel to Spain to include the Balearic and Canary Islands after a rise in coronavirus cases.

I'd advise against all travel to these places as they are a pure dump.

Menorca is one of the most beautiful places on earth with excellent food and wine, and surprisingly few tourists outside the high season. Great sights to see and some cool stuff to do, out of this world beaches. Ciutadella and Mahon are both really nice towns, although Mahon can be a little yacht club-y. Outside of the tourist shit holes Mallorca is gorgeous, some of the best hiking to be found anywhere. Again, food, wine, wee cove beaches all fantastic.

Ibiza and the Canaries may well be dumps to be fair, never been

Not to generalise too much, but the folk I've seen on my social media who have booked for Ibiza and Marbella are the same folk who were piling 25 folk into gardens, going to "Big Licks" for ice cream five nights a week and driving 60 miles to walk up hills, all while the R rate was through the roof and 1,000 folk a day were dying in the UK. 

I’ve been thinking the same here. Fuds one and all.

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Menorca is one of the most beautiful places on earth with excellent food and wine, and surprisingly few tourists outside the high season. Great sights to see and some cool stuff to do, out of this world beaches. Ciutadella and Mahon are both really nice towns, although Mahon can be a little yacht club-y. Outside of the tourist shit holes Mallorca is gorgeous, some of the best hiking to be found anywhere. Again, food, wine, wee cove beaches all fantastic.

I'll 2nd this.

Been to Menorca half a dozen times in the last 10 years. Fantastic place.

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Never been to the Canaries but Ibiza is beautiful outside of San Antonio and that weird shithole just round the corner from it.

What a place though. Would love to be in somewhere like Tropi rn shouting my head off.

5 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I'll 2nd this.

Been to Menorca half a dozen times in the last 10 years. Fantastic place.

My ex and I went for a long weekend as the flights were so cheap living in Barcelona at the time. Would happily have stayed for a long time and had day dreams for six months or so about running a small holding there, making cheese and charcuterie and just gorging myself on ensamadas. Trip to Barna every month or two and off to Ibiza once a summer to get off my tits. That's the dream man 

Further to Thursday's outing I was in another shop today. About 10 customers, I was the only one wearing a mask. Social distancing was generally fine, apart from when I got blocked by an elderly couple having tremendous difficulty deciding which brand of pancakes they wanted.

I hadn't realised they were a couple as he had the trolley and was going round the shop in a fairly logical way while she was up and down aisles like a yo yo. I stopped the requisite 2 metres from him as he pondered the pancake dilemma whenever she came waltzing round the corner and down the aisle in the wrong direction. He fucked off with the trolley leaving her flaffing over the pancakes and other bread related items, edging ever backwards down the aisle. I backed off but eventually sidled past to grab a couple of birthday cards.

I then queued to pay, trying to avoid 3 children who were overly picky about the icecream they were getting, nearly getting behind the counter in their enthusiasim, while their mother didn't remind them about social distancing.

The staff were behind perspex screens and there were distance markings and a hand sanitizer station.

It would be a shame if all the good work achieved by (nearly) everyone in NI was undone because we think it's all over.

Covid-19 (like the IRA) hasn't gone away, you know.

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

IMG_0513.jpg.328a807ad3d88ad7a62c50756724700a.jpg

You can also ditch the neurotic fixation with 2 metres distance at all times!11!!!! with folk you're passing in a shop for a second btw, it achieves absolutely nothing.

31 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Never been to the Canaries but Ibiza is beautiful outside of San Antonio and that weird shithole just round the corner from it.

What a place though. Would love to be in somewhere like Tropi rn shouting my head off.

We're heading to Ibiza for a boy's 30th next year and everywhere will be looking beautiful with the amount of disco biscuits I'll be on

22 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Further to Thursday's outing I was in another shop today. About 10 customers, I was the only one wearing a mask. Social distancing was generally fine, apart from when I got blocked by an elderly couple having tremendous difficulty deciding which brand of pancakes they wanted.

I hadn't realised they were a couple as he had the trolley and was going round the shop in a fairly logical way while she was up and down aisles like a yo yo. I stopped the requisite 2 metres from him as he pondered the pancake dilemma whenever she came waltzing round the corner and down the aisle in the wrong direction. He fucked off with the trolley leaving her flaffing over the pancakes and other bread related items, edging ever backwards down the aisle. I backed off but eventually sidled past to grab a couple of birthday cards.

I then queued to pay, trying to avoid 3 children who were overly picky about the icecream they were getting, nearly getting behind the counter in their enthusiasim, while their mother didn't remind them about social distancing.

The staff were behind perspex screens and there were distance markings and a hand sanitizer station.

It would be a shame if all the good work achieved by (nearly) everyone in NI was undone because we think it's all over.

You need to get back to Brechin. You're losing it old fella

10 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Weirdly, I think the worst examples I've seen of folk not paying any attention to the rules have been elderly people. Fair enough if they weren't too fussed about pegging it themselves, but not cool if they were spreading it to their mates.

Anyway, last week I learned there are a few exceptions to the masks-only rule on public transport:

• if you hold your hand over your mouth when buying your ticket, you're OK
  • if you have a dog with you and look like you might kick off, you're OK
  • if you tell the driver you've forgotten your mask, you'll never do it again, please let me on the bus, then repeat the word "please" for several minutes straight and refuse to leave, eventually you'll be OK
  • and, the general rule that covers everyone: so long as you have a mask on when you're talking to the driver, you can do whatever you like for the rest of the trip.

You can't blame the drivers; imagine having to enforce this on your own. I don't believe for a second they wouldn't take shit from their employer if some jakeball decided to aggro and the service ended up late as a result. I'm amazed any of them even bother.

30 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Do you care to enlighten us as to what caused someone from the North East of Scotland, to turn into a frothing pallet burner? 

You're a bit of a curtain twitcher aren't you?

4 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
38 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You're a bit of a curtain twitcher aren't you?

I've COPD and cancer. Probably makes me a bit concerned, yes.