Coronavirus (COVID-19)

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I find the cloth ones more comfortable and a closer fit, the clinical ones are much looser and and you have to keep adjusting them. The downside is the cloth ones are ok for protecting other people but not much good for protecting you from them. Mind you it hasn't been very hot here. These are really comfy and let you breathe easily in Scottish weather.

https://www.ffsbshop.co.uk/

Yep...in terms of fit the cloth ones are better as they are more pliable but definitely in warmer weather they are not as good. 

I discovered by chance that the surgical ones have a wire strip at one end only - this allows the wearer to mould it around their nose for a better fit. 

Much as I don't mind wearing them, it's great to be able to take it off in a restaurant while eating. 

Fucking surreal world we now live in!

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Yep...in terms of fit the cloth ones are better as they are more pliable but definitely in warmer weather they are not as good. 

I discovered by chance that the surgical ones have a wire strip at one end only - this allows the wearer to mould it around their nose for a better fit. 

Much as I don't mind wearing them, it's great to be able to take it off in a restaurant while eating. 

Fucking surreal world we now live in!

Yeah, I don't know what kind of shitty wire they use but I don't get a tight fit on the nose, and I've got the same ones the NHS use.

51 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Shit, mate. 

Have you been given any nuts and bolts instructions? Is it just straight off the plane and back home? What about getting food in etc? 

I’m not up on what this actually involves. 

Nah I've got the rules on an open tab on my phone, have looked at the bits I need to sort now* but otherwise I arrived yesterday morning and I'm here to relax and spend time with my parents so I'll save the worry of figuring out what it specifically means till the day before I'm due home. 

*Let my flatmate know. She's a restaurant manager of a place that just reopened so that's the most urgent thing. She's talking to the head office managers to see what they say. If I'm interpreting what I'm reading right, she can still come and go as usual as long as we minimise ever being in the same room. I think most likely she'll go and stay with her boyfriend for it. Also getting a laptop stuff delivered from my new work on Friday or Monday Tuesday the following week so gonna contact the lad who's been helping organise that and just ensure that'll be contactless, but I'm presuming that would be the case anyway so just belt and braces.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I find the cloth ones more comfortable and a closer fit, the clinical ones are much looser and and you have to keep adjusting them. The downside is the cloth ones are ok for protecting other people but not much good for protecting you from them. Mind you it hasn't been very hot here. These are really comfy and let you breathe easily in Scottish weather.

https://www.ffsbshop.co.uk/

Thanks for the recommendation for these, genuinely. One problem, though - they haven't arrived yet!

I was reading an article on Teesside Live earlier about some guy who has gone to Spain and is now moaning about the quarantine, further complicated by the fact that his kids need medication. 

How about this? Don't go, moron!

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

In hot weather, the clinical ones are much better IMO - the cloth ones make it too hard to breathe.  We've been in the compulsory mask stage for about 4 months and the cloth ones were popular at first but slowly most people have moved over to the surgical ones as they are more comfortable.  

I was in B&M on Fri and it was sweltering in there, so wearing the mask wasn’t pleasant at all. The Ayr one has a wee silky bit which faces inwards and does help a bit. Personally I’ll never wear the surgical ones. I had to wear them in to see my Dad in his last hours in Feb and they trigger that memory whenever I see them 

I haven’t watched the news in days. Saw a snippet online that NS is saying we should only be doing essential travel? Is that correct? I was planning to go a few days here and there next week 

Essential travel for going abroad

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I haven’t watched the news in days. Saw a snippet online that NS is saying we should only be doing essential travel? Is that correct? I was planning to go a few days here and there next week 

I think that is and always has been the advice. 

ETA: plus what mizfit said.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

1 hour ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Sturgeon, like myself, was talking about foreign travel. I'm not sure what the advice for local travel is.

If you're a foreigner you can't travel locally.

7 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Nah I've got the rules on an open tab on my phone, have looked at the bits I need to sort now* but otherwise I arrived yesterday morning and I'm here to relax and spend time with my parents so I'll save the worry of figuring out what it specifically means till the day before I'm due home. 

*Let my flatmate know. She's a restaurant manager of a place that just reopened so that's the most urgent thing. She's talking to the head office managers to see what they say. If I'm interpreting what I'm reading right, she can still come and go as usual as long as we minimise ever being in the same room. I think most likely she'll go and stay with her boyfriend for it. Also getting a laptop stuff delivered from my new work on Friday or Monday Tuesday the following week so gonna contact the lad who's been helping organise that and just ensure that'll be contactless, but I'm presuming that would be the case anyway so just belt and braces.

Just tell them you flew to Spain to test your eyesight no need to quarinitine 

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Yeah, I don't know what kind of shitty wire they use but I don't get a tight fit on the nose, and I've got the same ones the NHS use.

You stole them from work! :huh:

In a B&B up north just now and the owner wifie has just entertained  us with some tales of how 80% of Covid is transmitted through shoes. 

(Helmsdale if you’re planning on avoiding it)
Sounds like she's confusing covid with verrucas. An easy mistake to make.