Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

How worse off are the Scottish deaths per thousand compared to Northern Ireland and Wales? I know they are worse but by how much

Deaths per million:

Scotland: 456

Norther Ireland: 294

Wales: 491

Edited by Todd_is_God

All the teachers are in Benidorm on their 6 week all inclusive holidays. Cursing that they wont be quarantined for another 2 weeks now on return [emoji6]

Schools better be ready. No social distancing so feck all to do anyway.

In serious football news my son was back training yesterday. Was kind of alarmed at the guidelines for not handling the ball. As a keeper a bit of a problem. [emoji23]

Oh yes and I shot 65 at Drumoig 18 holes footgolf today. Any cant beat that ? Not bad for 51

I'm meant to be on a cancelled all inclusive in Kusafasi so all inclusive Fife for now.

769 positive cases throughout the UK today, just over 114k tests carried out ~148 tests for every case. 

Testing really seems to have been upped recently, with the antibody testing declining quite a lot as well. 

Edited by Michael W

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

769 positive cases throughout the UK today, just over 114k tests carried out ~148 tests for every case. 

Testing really seems to have been upped recently, with the antibody testing declining quite a lot as well. 

I thought the target was 200k tests a day by the end of May? :unsure:

Anyone have any idea what the false positive rate is? I assume it will be low, but not zero.

Might be harder to determine among the general population as, unlike footballers etc, there is no real reason to re-test anyone who returns a positive test.

7 minutes ago, btb said:

I thought the target was 200k tests a day by the end of May? :unsure:

Well there is 200k available capacity, with somewhere between 40-60% of it seemingly unused each day. 

There were also 80k pillar two tests posted out yesterday if you want to do a Hancock and fudge the numbers. 

Given that the deaths seem to have ceased from covid in Scotland, id be interested to know how many people have died from Community Acquired Pneumonia or Respiratory Infections in care homes or outside hospitals compared to this time last year, those figures should help understand if there are undiagnosed deaths, if not then its looking positive. 

She needs to get the schools reopened as it's time for them to go back. Nothing to do with childcare, the summer holidays will be over, they have already missed a term ergo it's time to get them back to full time education by hook or by crook. Anyone who thinks that isn't a good viable idea is a moron. If it's not the teachers it's the parents with you. Oh and I'm more convinced by the week you are a Janny !!!
Certainly rhymes with janny.

We were out today for the first time since 1 week before the official lockdown. My wife was getting her hair cut and our daughter was getting her nails done, all necessary precautions in place at the hairderessers.

I took the opportunity while waiting for them to get some cash, went to the petrol station shop across the road, put on my mask and entered the shop. I was the only one wearing a face mask, must have been about 10 folk in the place, and I couldn't find the cash machine anyway. I found it a bit difficult to breathe with the mask on, tbh. Sanitised my hands and went up to Tesco, which has an outside ATM, so no mask required. More sanitiser and back for my passengers.

Wife and daughter went into Tesco, masked and gloved. She said they were the only ones wearing masks - I could well believe it, I saw only one mask wearer exit the store and that was as they went in - and social distancing was non existent, except when waiting on a cashier to come available. Cashiers were behind perspex screens.

They can catch up over the rest of the year with weekend classes and fewer holidays, so education attainment isn't affected. There's not much to suggest that local authorities and schools are equipped to have everyone back in a classroom from barely three weeks' time and so this shouldn't be jammed through to placate parents who just want their state babysitter back as usual.
No the schools are due to go back so back they go. No need for any further delays.

We were out today for the first time since 1 week before the official lockdown. My wife was getting her hair cut and our daughter was getting her nails done, all necessary precautions in place at the hairderessers.
I took the opportunity while waiting for them to get some cash, went to the petrol station shop across the road, put on my mask and entered the shop. I was the only one wearing a face mask, must have been about 10 folk in the place, and I couldn't find the cash machine anyway. I found it a bit difficult to breathe with the mask on, tbh. Sanitised my hands and went up to Tesco, which has an outside ATM, so no mask required. More sanitiser and back for my passengers.
Wife and daughter went into Tesco, masked and gloved. She said they were the only ones wearing masks - I could well believe it, I saw only one mask wearer exit the store and that was as they went in - and social distancing was non existent, except when waiting on a cashier to come available. Cashiers were behind perspex screens.
No idea where you are but here in Ayrshire any shop or supermarket I have been in has had near 100% mask wearing.

Certainly rhymes with janny.
Absolutely, he now thinks we should delay the return of schools as they are only being "rushed" back (after 5 month off) to provide their parents with free child care. The guys a grade 1 fruit loop. You say black he will say white. If another post made the point they shouldn't be going back so soon he would be all over it with lazy teachers blah blah blah. Schools back = freeloading parents. Schools out = freeloading teachers. Thoroughly contrary c**t.

The variation in this is interesting. The last 3 times I’ve been to Tesco every single shopper without exception had a face covering on. Also went to a Majestic wine store today where everyone including the staff had a face covering on. They were in essence giving a no mask- no wine message to potential customers.

Aye, popped into a shop today, all masked up as was the petrol station when I was in. Surprised at that because it's the kind of in and out place you're not spending time in. Similarly, the Mrs was at primark in Glasgow yesterday and the security at the door were enforcing face mask use and making sure wearers had them on correctly and whilst in the store people were making sure if masks were removed for any reason they went back on ASAP. She seemed pretty impressed by it.

25 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

The variation in this is interesting. The last 3 times I’ve been to Tesco every single shopper without exception had a face covering on. Also went to a Majestic wine store today where everyone including the staff had a face covering on. They were in essence giving a no mask- no wine message to potential customers.

Been largely my experience too in Lochee

36 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

They're going to have to wear them shortly - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-53513656