Coronavirus (COVID-19)

43 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

It just comes across as mental to me at this point that I can walk into a pub with no mask on yet still can't walk into a doctor's surgery without an appointment.

Walked past a pub on our main street today where two boomerati gentlemen of leisure were indulging in a hacking bout of formation coughing in the doorway.

It didn't exactly tempt me to venture inside.

48 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

It just comes across as mental to me at this point that I can walk into a pub with no mask on yet still can't walk into a doctor's surgery without an appointment.

Can you normally walk into a doctor's surgery without an appointment?

EDIT: Never mind, I see this has already been addressed

Edited by Gaz

Guest JTS98

A bit of backsliding going on in Malaysia.

After weeks of very low case numbers - we'd had a few days with 0 local transmissions and numbers were typically low single-figures - we've now jumped back up to double figures for four days running, including 25 cases today. This is the first time for ages that new cases have outstripped recoveries.

Our lockdown here was eased in early June and people are back at work, shops are open, pubs etc. It seems we're now seeing a resurgence in the covid to the point where the PM today mentioned the possibility of reimposing lockdown if things carry on going back the way.

Suppose it raises the question of how many cases are an acceptable consequence of easing lockdowns.

Edited by JTS98

Guy in my work sent home for coughing earlier. His desk has just been visited by two cleaners in full PPE, all items removed and desk sprayed down. Has caused a fair bit of needle on the shop floor, punishments being touted are ranging from an official warning to a public hanging. I've been approached by one other colleague who suggested that the colleague who was sent home is now "shunned" by the rest of the workforce in a bid to "drive him out!".

Whilst I thought it was a bit silly of the guy to come in when he had a bit of a cough, I am in bits watching my other colleagues go mental over it.  Looking forward to arriving early tomorrow to inform them the guy has tested positive, then sitting back with my morning cup of tea and enjoying the show.

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Guy in my work sent home for coughing earlier. His desk has just been visited by two cleaners in full PPE, all items removed and desk sprayed down. Has caused a fair bit of needle on the shop floor, punishments being touted are ranging from an official warning to a public hanging. I've been approached by one other colleague who suggested that the colleague who was sent home is now "shunned" by the rest of the workforce in a bid to "drive him out!".

Whilst I thought it was a bit silly of the guy to come in when he had a bit of a cough, I am in bits watching my other colleagues go mental over it.  Looking forward to arriving early tomorrow to inform them the guy has tested positive, then sitting back with my morning cup of tea and enjoying the show.

Thats actually mental. Just grass someone up n say they coughed. May call you a liar but stir it right up.

People are c***s.

24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Get the guy to give everyone at your work name  to track n trace 

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Do you mean he came in coughing continuously, or coughed a couple of times and everyone lost their shit

He's in the same office as me and I saw him cough once at around 9:30am, he was sent home about an hour later. I think most folk, including his manager and our health and safety guy, think that he's fine but sent him home as a precaution. Some of the simpletons on the shop floor have taken this precaution as a positive test being returned and are now blaming this guy for their impending death.

Personally I think he's got to work on a Monday morning and thought "f**k this", started coughing and told his manager it might be best if he works from home. A positive test being announced tomorrow could lead to some incredible scenes though.

My partners wee one has it and has an exemption card. Autism is a very broad thing, what's ok for one person may not be ok for another.

I work with Autistic adults and both the guys I support appear to accept the need for wearing a facemask when in shops or transport. I am not saying that they enjoy wearing them but they seem to understand if they want to go out or to the shops it needs to be done.
But as you say everyone is different and will cope or react differently to a situation.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He's in the same office as me and I saw him cough once at around 9:30am, he was sent home about an hour later. I think most folk, including his manager and our health and safety guy, think that he's fine but sent him home as a precaution. Some of the simpletons on the shop floor have taken this precaution as a positive test being returned and are now blaming this guy for their impending death.

Personally I think he's got to work on a Monday morning and thought "f**k this", started coughing and told his manager it might be best if he works from home. A positive test being announced tomorrow could lead to some incredible scenes though.

That's utterly wild. All of it.

Unfortunately there appears to be two extremes - zero fucks given types who refuse to wear a mask and who carry on as normal with no attempt to even try and apply some of the guidelines and those who get hysterical as soon as they hear someone cough (exhibit a. being Moonster's story).  Neither is particularly helpful at the moment, common sense is what's needed and it seems desperately lacking.   

Edited by super_carson

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Just before lockdown started, an article was posted on my employer’s intranet system with guidance on what to do if you were showing symptoms. The comments section was immediately hijacked with what was basically gossip on un-named staff members who might have been infected.

Well qualified professionals giving it the full Isa “people huv tae know” treatment is a joy to read.

I had a cough for about ten minutes a few days back, then my asthma started playing up as I got covered in dust when emptying the hoover. Last couple of days I’ve got s funny taste in my mouth.

What do P&Bers think, am I a goner or will I pull through?