Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The most surprising development in the oxford vaccine saga is that they claim to be able to supply 2 billion doses by the end of October.
To produce anything like that amount they must have already begun making and stockpiling huge quantities.
They've been fairly open about that, they teamed up with some big pharma company and started manufacturing doses after the initial trial began

They've been fairly open about that, they teamed up with some big pharma company and started manufacturing doses after the initial trial began

Aye just as long as Johnson doesn’t sell the entire vaccine to Trump we’ll be fine.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Aye fine for drugs with unintended consequences but what's that got to do with a vaccine?

Are there any cases of a vaccine causing harm? Actual science answers only, anti-vaxxers need not respond.

The swine flu virus vaccine left a very small proportion of people with narcolepsy.

The government paid out compensation as they had indemnified whatever Pharma company made it.

Edited by Detournement

The most surprising development in the oxford vaccine saga is that they claim to be able to supply 2 billion doses by the end of October.
To produce anything like that amount they must have already begun making and stockpiling huge quantities.
Link here to AstraZeneca' own website.

https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-centre/press-releases/2020/astrazeneca-to-supply-europe-with-up-to-400-million-doses-of-oxford-universitys-vaccine-at-no-profit.html

No mention of the 2 billion but they have reached agreement to supply Europe with 400 million starting at the end of the year. Interestingly it's non profit

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Aye fine for drugs with unintended consequences but what's that got to do with a vaccine?

Are there any cases of a vaccine causing harm? Actual science answers only, anti-vaxxers need not respond.

I think @Detournement's example is the only recent example I can think of. But back in the day it was pretty dicey with the smallpox vaccine etc I think. Still worked and you'd be daft to refuse it but it wasn't 100% foolproof

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:
I'm in the vulnerable category and I'd only take the vaccine if my doctor said it was okay.

Tbf if the vaccine is approved for use, no doctor is ever going to say it's not ok

But what if it doesn't work with someone who has diabetes or high blood pressure or whatever.

At least my doctor will know my medical history and if he said take it or don't take it then I'd accept what he says.

But what if it doesn't work with someone who has diabetes or high blood pressure or whatever.
At least my doctor will know my medical history and if he said take it or don't take it then I'd accept what he says.
Right aye get what you mean now.

From some limited experience of medical procedure I know that if you deviate from medical standards and law then the FDA and other organisations can literally close your business down overnight and effectively run parts of it until you get it sorted.
Vaccines will need to follow this, its mountains of red tape.

I see the normal site for UK covid deaths has paused announcing a daily total whilst they look at the issues mentioned earlier, but another is reporting 114.

Breaking that down that would be:

N.I. 0

Wales 1

Scotland 1

English hospitals 16

English non hospital 96

I genuinely find it hard to believe that 85% of Covid-19 deaths recorded in England in the last 24 hours occurred outside of hospitals tbh. Glad it's being looked in to.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

COVID vaccine = an injection of 5G nanomachines directly into your bloodstream.

Wake up sheeple.

Excellent game, think I had it on the Megadrive.

BoringBestGonolek-max-1mb.gif

Edited by Bert Raccoon

52 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Excellent game, think I had it on the Megadrive.

BoringBestGonolek-max-1mb.gif

That looks like the third one that was out on the PlayStation. Great game!