Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Having my first pub pint since lockdown. Wasn’t going to bother until the weekend (sons birthday), but a mate messaged me to meet up.
Only an hour in & social distancing is beginning to fade. Tbf the pub is very well organised with compulsory hand sanitizer/ sign in/ bar screens with small serving points, they are trying their hardest, but, booze in- wit out with the punters. Still, happy to support a local business & hopefully after the initial rush things will calm down.

Having my first pub pint since lockdown. Wasn’t going to bother until the weekend (sons birthday), but a mate messaged me to meet up.
Only an hour in & social distancing is beginning to fade. Tbf the pub is very well organised with compulsory hand sanitizer/ sign in/ bar screens with small serving points, they are trying their hardest, but, booze in- wit out with the punters. Still, happy to support a local business & hopefully after the initial rush things will calm down.

Before the lockdown there were many pubs that had barely half a dozen pishy auld c***s nursing one pint all day . Just go to them in a few weeks it’ll be a doddle

I go to games on my jack all the time. Maybe half the games I attend are on my tod. Especially away from home. It's not sad. It's an excellent way to view the game*

*in that neither of my children are climbing on my head, or punching/kicking eachother with me as referee for the entire duration I am gone.

I must be the same, crowd I started going with years ago have diminished to almost zero now, don’t have kids yet but if/when i do i might use the threat of going to a falkirk game to make them behave

Also we can’t be far from getting a double zero day for cases and deaths hopefully

Just had my first visit into a non-supermarket shop for what seems like an eternity, and happy to report the vast majority of people in John Lewis, and Buchanan Galleries in general, were wearing masks.

The other thing I noticed was a few people who didn't seem to understand why the face recognition wasn't working as they attempted to pay with their device...

3 hours ago, PWL said:

Haircut at 4pm. Genuinely looking forward to it more than my first pub visit. I've tired of looking like a brunette Michael Fabricant.

Local barber opened sharp this morning and as there were only 2 queuing when I went past at 8am I decided to join. It's my first professional hair cut since mid February. I'm genuinely surprised just how good it's made me feel, I'm buzzing today.

Woke up a sweaty mess this morning, high temperature all day and generally feeling shite. As Monkwoman works for the nhs, I’ve had to get tested, as she’s not allowed back to work with me showing symptoms until I get the all clear.

Drive through test centre at the airport was quite busy. 4th time I’ve been tested and it doesn’t get any better. I’m due to get tested again next Tuesday before going back to work.

3 hours ago, Markka said:

I've been keeping an eye on my local boozer while pretending to work from home this morning.

The customers there are exactly who would expect to show up - 50+ year old single male pub regulars.

One guy must have planned ahead and booked a haircut at the barbers next door at 11 then just sauntered straight into the pub.

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

Sort of people I seen lurking about the Perth beer gardens last week then.

Shocked to see that alcoholics are the first ones in the doors of pubs since reopening.

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

"BuT hE TolD tHeM aLl tO gEt JoBS iN TeSCo..."

You're not seriously defending Martin here, are you? You can argue over the semantics of what he did, but the way he did it marks him out as a complete c**t and I'm staggered anyone can take any other view of him.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

You're not seriously defending Martin here, are you? You can argue over the semantics of what he did, but the way he did it marks him out as a complete c**t and I'm staggered anyone can take any other view of him.

Big bad man allowed employees to top up their income by seeking employment elsewhere, safe in the knowledge their job was waiting for them when things got back to normal.

What a c**t.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Big bad man allowed employees to top up their income by seeking employment elsewhere, safe in the knowledge their job was waiting for them when things got back to normal.

What a c**t.

Nae bother. He's a heartless c**t and you know it.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Interesting comparison for Scotland there. Also interesting to see Iain McWhirter comparing other countries to Scotland, he was supportive of the way the U.K. and Scottish governments handled the move into lockdown, IIRC.

No one outside of government could have foreseen the disaster in care homes and cutting people off from standard medical services as we headed into lockdown. 

I'm quite looking forward to the new social distancing rules in pubs. 

Saves me having to listen to the pub bore, who would inevitably be droning on and on about how Lockdown was a waste of time, in addition to dubious views about other issues like climate change etc. 

Edited by Angusfifer

The Weatherspoons in Inverness is horrendous. I absolutely never go there on a night out. I don’t care if it’s 14p a pint. The place is full of utter minks drinking those fish bowl monstrosities.

2 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

I'm quite looking forward to the new social distancing rules in pubs. 

Saves me having to listen to the pub bore, who would inevitably be droning on and on about how Lockdown was a waste of time, in addition to dubious view about other issues like climate change etc. 

Todd drink in your local does he?

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Todd drink in your local does he?

I can't believe you've given him the attention he was looking for there.

He needn't worry; i'm enjoying the first night of the English school holidays watching the football at home.