Coronavirus (COVID-19)

It's obviously a pandemic. It's whether we need restrictions on the majority of the population for who it is basically harmless. 

The Scottish government completely failed care home residents but now they are banging on about everyone wearing masks. It's totally incoherent. 

Edited by Detournement

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

We’re being told to wear them in shops. Right from the start supermarkets/certain retailers were open and were busy. Think they should have been worn from the start rather than 3 months down the line but what do I know 

How have you found wearing a face covering while out for the past 3 months?

27 minutes ago, sjc said:

I don't know. You tell me. I'm just pointing out contradictions in death data in other countries.

You need to be careful what yous say in public. They got that antimask lad in the states and now Bolsonaro. The truth is dangerous. 

I haven’t. I’ve never liked anything covering my nose, plus I’ve always questioned the logic of breathing in exhaled air repeatedly. I think the wearing of masks here is about 3 months too late. Just don’t see the logic when new cases and deaths are so low. Anyway, we’ve been told to do it so we shall do it from tomorrow 
You are not breathing in exhaled air repeatedly. There are many videos out there of people wearing masks and O2 saturation testers, and it makes no difference.
As for the people who complain in the same sentence that masks can't stop the virus getting through, but they can stop O2 and CO2 molecules...SMFH.

You are not breathing in exhaled air repeatedly. There are many videos out there of people wearing masks and O2 saturation testers, and it makes no difference.
As for the people who complain in the same sentence that masks can't stop the virus getting through, but they can stop O2 and CO2 molecules...SMFH.
Surgeons, dentists, tradesmen.... Just 3 examples of people who routinely wear masks for long periods of time and dont suddenly asphyxiate. Incredible that "breathing in the same air" has gained any traction whatsoever.

16 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Has nobody else yet made the correlation between the Scottish Government’s limitations on Spain as a snide at Catalonia’s failed bid for independence? 

Anyhoo, with them having made the pointless separatist ‘point’, I’ll wager come July 20th the quarantine will be miraculously lifted. While our glorious devolved Government will have monitored the quarantining of the sum  total of, ehhh, zero airport arrivals over the two weeks.

Wha’s like us, eh???!! 

There's been some amount of shite posted in this thread but fucking hell :lol:

16 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Has nobody else yet made the correlation between the Scottish Government’s limitations on Spain as a snide at Catalonia’s failed bid for independence? 

Gordon Ramsay Cooking GIF by Hell's Kitchen - Find & Share on GIPHY

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

My fives is back next Friday 

[effects output image]

10 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

My fives is back next Friday 

How is that? Non-professional contact sport isn't back before the 31st I read?

Have they given an idea of when? My gym has an app all ready to take bookings to keep numbers sane but still no chance of actually using it.

All that was said was it wont be before the 30th July, pending public health advice. Previously it was the 23rd at the earliest.

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

What a complete balloon the lad Leitch is. Has he been right on a single thing so far? If he told me it was Thursday today I'd check the paper.

Whats he said now?

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

What a complete balloon the lad Leitch is. Has he been right on a single thing so far? If he told me it was Thursday today I'd check the paper.

Starting to see a lot of this where government advisors of all sorts seem to be very publicly misinterpreting their roles and instead representing themselves as decision makers. Leitch is there to advise Sturgeon on medical topics, but he is ultimately not the person who makes the decisions. Therefore I have no idea why he constantly makes statements about what will or will not happen in the future - it's not up to him.

Just been on Twitter and seen another government advisor contradicting a Chris McLaughlin/BBC story that the SPFL and Scottish Rugby hope to have limited fans within stadia within weeks by talking about the current government routemap. Again, you are not privy to the discussions being had between any of those organisations and the people in government who actually make the decisions, so stop pretending to be. As much as I think McLaughlin is an overly credulous clown, he is not going to be reporting this if the person feeding him the story doesn't think there is some truth in it.

29 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Starting to see a lot of this where government advisors of all sorts seem to be very publicly misinterpreting their roles and instead representing themselves as decision makers. Leitch is there to advise Sturgeon on medical topics, but he is ultimately not the person who makes the decisions. Therefore I have no idea why he constantly makes statements about what will or will not happen in the future - it's not up to him.

Just been on Twitter and seen another government advisor contradicting a Chris McLaughlin/BBC story that the SPFL and Scottish Rugby hope to have limited fans within stadia within weeks by talking about the current government routemap. Again, you are not privy to the discussions being had between any of those organisations and the people in government who actually make the decisions, so stop pretending to be. As much as I think McLaughlin is an overly credulous clown, he is not going to be reporting this if the person feeding him the story doesn't think there is some truth in it.

The whole point is they are advisors. They offer advice rather than setting policy. Leitch has pontificated on all manner of subjects in a matter of fact way.

9 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Leitch is determined to make a career for himself as some sort of media personality after this.   Surprised he hasn't been getting a fee from Off the Ball for his regular appearances and self publicising.

His attempts at making himself appears as some font of information and sage is embarrassing.  In view of his clown shoes performance he should be told to shut up and stick to his remit.

It was also the faux hardman act at the start as well. Plenty on here were pounding their pudding over him cause he was quite short with people.

32 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The first Edinburgh v Glasgow rugby game is tentatively scheduled for the 22nd August, which based on today's updated roadmap might not be an unreasonable date for a test event for crowds

37 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Or they're nobodies who get thrown into the public eye and don't know how to handle it. A high profile version of this:

Oddly sensible question from Carlaw rather than the usual mindless moan from him.

I think after the polls at the weekend he has perhaps realised (or someone has a word with him) that his constant SNP baaaaaaaaad strategy was not working.

Today is the first time recently that he has acted like a political opposition leader holding the FM accountable and not a negative shit stirrer.