Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Couple of my mates have retro DFC strip ones, albeit without the badge as I think the manufacturers were warned about using it, and rightly so. 

Dundee-FC-039-The-Dee-039-Face-Covering-Mask-Thank-You-NHS-DFC-fundraiser

These are being sold by the DSA on Ebay (?) I think.

Our 'official' ones are still listed for 'pre-order'.

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dundee-FC-039-The-Dee-039-Face-Covering-Mask-Thank-You-NHS-DFC-fundraiser

These are being sold by the DSA on Ebay (?) I think.

Our 'official' ones are still listed for 'pre-order'.

Would not buy. 

My mates have the Argentina and Novafone (I think) designs. Look quite gid, as good looking as a facemask can look anyway. 

1 hour ago, Diamond. Dave said:

How many people here have actually been wearing masks at all? Where I come from most don't. Personally I don't like hiding my pretty face but needs must from tomorrow. 

I haven’t. I’ve never liked anything covering my nose, plus I’ve always questioned the logic of breathing in exhaled air repeatedly. I think the wearing of masks here is about 3 months too late. Just don’t see the logic when new cases and deaths are so low. Anyway, we’ve been told to do it so we shall do it from tomorrow 

1 hour ago, HooseLee said:

Do you think that we soon start seeing designer face masks?  Lads at the game wearing Stone Island ones at the game?   

I saw a local seller was making “Burberry” ones 😏. An Ayr fan has been selling ones with our badge on them. Saw a few clubs seeking official ones, Partick, Killie, St Johnstone, Glasgow Clan, Glasgow Rocks etc. I’ve got a plain black one and a plain white one £3 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I ventured into your Tesco yesterday. What an absolute shambles in comparison with the other places I've been. No-one at the door to limit entry, no anti-bacterial stuff on offer, no trolleys being cleaned, the station where the anti-bac is usually kept was fucking minging with fluid, no structure in Tesco, staff blocking aisles & just a complete free for all really.  I feel your frustration - Didn't imagine it being quite so bad.

Should of have put a complaint in.

Dosnt sound good.

Limit has been upped sadly. 

You picked a good day for it. Was first day of more numbers in and no one way system.

Free for all indeed 

Edited by G_Man1985

59 minutes ago, virginton said:

You kinda lost the right to bitch about people 'bringing the virus' into your workplace when >90% staff chose not to wear their provided/own bought face coverings for three months solid. 

Tbh that post was for you sweet cheeks. 

Keep on top of things  🙂

I haven’t. I’ve never liked anything covering my nose, plus I’ve always questioned the logic of breathing in exhaled air repeatedly. I think the wearing of masks here is about 3 months too late. Just don’t see the logic when new cases and deaths are so low. Anyway, we’ve been told to do it so we shall do it from tomorrow 
You arent breathing in exhaled air repeatedly. If you did that, you would be dead.

IMG_5735.jpg

21 days until next review and I do not see us moving to phase 4 then, but here’s hoping we might be allowed to football stadiums soon.

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I've heard this "why are we only just being told to wear masks three months after locking down?" argument several times.

Surely it's the case that three months ago hardly anyone was (well, should have been) venturing outside their own house, and so masks weren't a necessity? Whereas now a lot more people are out and about and wearing masks will allow that to be done reasonably safely?

A huge amount of my non-work ‘relaxation’ (football, relaxing?) time is spent at either at the gym or going to games. Looks like both are still some way off (I knew that football would be but was hoping for a bit of positive news for gyms).

My wife can drag me to the Overgate next week though. Yay.

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I've heard this "why are we only just being told to wear masks three months after locking down?" argument several times.

Surely it's the case that three months ago hardly anyone was (well, should have been) venturing outside their own house, and so masks weren't a necessity? Whereas now a lot more people are out and about and wearing masks will allow that to be done reasonably safely?

Heard this more or less all day 

No problem.