Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Sadly that's already happening.

My wife's cousin's husband is still waiting for an appointment for ear cancer (is that actually a cancer, anyway, it's in that area) and that is coming up on 6 months +. And I've mentioned our neighbour who was in remission for throat cancer but it has apparently returned and he hasn't had an appointment let alone an examination. Telephone consultation only.

I'm very fortunate my treatment is administered by my GP practice.

This whole pandemic, if indeed that is truly what it is, just goes to show how Dictators get away with it. In general, the masses will literally bow to the word of authority regardless of how flimsy or contradictory the facts and science backing it is.

I was watching The Truman Show the other day and I thought this quote summed the current situation up perfectly.

“We accept the reality of the world with which we’re presented. It’s as simple as that.”

7 hours ago, sjc said:

This whole pandemic, if indeed that is truly what it is, just goes to show how Dictators get away with it. In general, the masses will literally bow to the word of authority regardless of how flimsy or contradictory the facts and science backing it is.

You don't think it's a pandemic?  

8 hours ago, sjc said:

Tin foil hat pish.

34 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I was on an SFA zoom call on Tuesday night and there will have to be big changes announced today if grassroots has a chance.

As of Tuesday night they were advocating a maximum group of 8 from 3 households.  No cones were to be moved through a session, a twenty minute gap between sessions and more importantly nil games.   Now if you have a big club at youth level you would be looking at one session a week max per kid.   Hopefully get better news today.

This afternoon I'm on a conference call for semi professional football, will hopefully get an idea when tier 5 downwards can look to start again.  Thoigh without some form of crowds it's not sustainable for the majority in any case.

Can you share the relevant info of said call on here afterwards please? There’ll be plenty folk interested to hear the outcome.

Edited by 8MileBU

30 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I was on an SFA zoom call on Tuesday night and there will have to be big changes announced today if grassroots has a chance.

As of Tuesday night they were advocating a maximum group of 8 from 3 households.  No cones were to be moved through a session, a twenty minute gap between sessions and more importantly nil games.   Now if you have a big club at youth level you would be looking at one session a week max per kid.   Hopefully get better news today.

This afternoon I'm on a conference call for semi professional football, will hopefully get an idea when tier 5 downwards can look to start again.  Thoigh without some form of crowds it's not sustainable for the majority in any case.

A team of say 12 players will invariably involve 12 households, so that would put paid to that. If thats the case I'll probably pull him out the team. Every chance plenty others will do the same. If we (Scotland) don't want our children playing football so be it.

Good luck to with your zoom calls - hopefully you can apply a bit of pressure to get things done 

6 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Don't touch the cones.

How about sanitise your hands, pick up the cone, move the cone, sanitise your hands. 

The application of common sense doesn't exist any more it seems.

Kids can quite literally play in the street with no restrictions whatsoever. But don't dare move a cone 😂

Taught at Summer School last week. We have everything in place as per distancing rules, non sharing of resources, masks at appropriate times and hand sanitising. However, if anyone thinks you can keep the children apart for any length of time they're completely wrong. It's impossible.

Having said that, we haven't had any reports of the virus.

How many people here have actually been wearing masks at all? Where I come from most don't. Personally I don't like hiding my pretty face but needs must from tomorrow. 
I'll be honest, I've been inside a supermarket less than a handful of times since March and haven't worn a mask. I don't have an issue with wearing one but given it wasn't compulsory at the time I guess I just didn't bother.

I've since bought a mask and will obviously be wearing it as and when I need to from now on.

How many people here have actually been wearing masks at all? Where I come from most don't. Personally I don't like hiding my pretty face but needs must from tomorrow. 
Started wearing one in shops about a month ago. I've noticed a steady increase in recent weeks. Slowly it's getting through, and tomorrow is a big part of that.

29 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

Do you think that we soon start seeing designer face masks?  Lads at the game wearing Stone Island ones at the game?   

Couple of my mates have retro DFC strip ones, albeit without the badge as I think the manufacturers were warned about using it, and rightly so. 

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Briefing today.

New masks are on order as ones we have ( every 20 minutes we still have for now )

Staff can't force no customers to wear a mask.

So bring the virus in 🙂

I ventured into your Tesco yesterday. What an absolute shambles in comparison with the other places I've been. No-one at the door to limit entry, no anti-bacterial stuff on offer, no trolleys being cleaned, the station where the anti-bac is usually kept was fucking minging with fluid, no structure in Tesco, staff blocking aisles & just a complete free for all really.  I feel your frustration - Didn't imagine it being quite so bad.

5 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Briefing today.

New masks are on order as ones we have ( every 20 minutes we still have for now )

Staff can't force no customers to wear a mask.

So bring the virus in 🙂

You kinda lost the right to bitch about people 'bringing the virus' into your workplace when >90% staff chose not to wear their provided/own bought face coverings for three months solid.