Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Cards on the table here.

Phase 3 tomorrow.

Phase 4 announced just in time for schools returning.

And professional sports stuck in Phase 2 till October...

I think now would be a reasonable time to set potential timeframes for lifting limits on public gatherings.

I know in Berlin, for example, outdoor gatherings of more than 1,000 people are banned until the end of August, and of more than 5,000 people until the end of October. Similar staged restrictions are in place for indoor events.

Some staging like that might be useful here.

Edited by Todd_is_God

I’m going on the assumption that August will see games behind closed doors, sept partial fan attendance and Oct full attendance.

If we see no spike over July then we’re laughing.

I think now would be a reasonable time to set potential timeframes for lifting limits on public gatherings.
I know in Berlin, for example, outdoor gatherings of more than 1,000 people are banned until the end of August, and of more than 5,000 people until the end of October. Similar staged restrictions are in place for indoor events.
France allowing up to 5000 later this week with racecourses opening 1st to paying customers. Hope for my Arc trip yet.

48 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

When can I get a tattoo again? That's all I want to know.

Go for breakfast at Greggs, get a tattoo, go for another meal somewhere, have a few pints and collect furlough money because it's not safe to work yet. What a fucking state of affairs.

I'm getting a tattooo of matt hancocks face on my face.

I was presuming those in red were countries you weren’t allowed to visit at all. Perhaps I’m wrong.

You can’t be prevented from visiting any country you like (provided the country let’s you in), the government can only advise against it, and make you quarantine on return.

Has nobody else yet made the correlation between the Scottish Government’s limitations on Spain as a snide at Catalonia’s failed bid for independence? 

Anyhoo, with them having made the pointless separatist ‘point’, I’ll wager come July 20th the quarantine will be miraculously lifted. While our glorious devolved Government will have monitored the quarantining of the sum  total of, ehhh, zero airport arrivals over the two weeks.

Wha’s like us, eh???!! 

You can’t be prevented from visiting any country you like (provided the country let’s you in), the government can only advise against it, and make you quarantine on return.
And they're not enforcing the quarantine. They're asking people to isolate, and that's a huge difference.

The real quarantines were at the start when all those folk were huckled in to buses and and into hotels.

The suggestion from ScotGov that they'll be able to monitor people flying in/out of English airports in an attempt to avoid quarantine was pretty funny to be fair. Good luck with that! 

Edited by Michael W

3 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Has nobody else yet made the correlation between the Scottish Government’s limitations on Spain as a snide at Catalonia’s failed bid for independence? 

Anyhoo, with them having made the pointless separatist ‘point’, I’ll wager come July 20th the quarantine will be miraculously lifted. While our glorious devolved Government will have monitored the quarantining of the sum  total of, ehhh, zero airport arrivals over the two weeks.

Wha’s like us, eh???!! 

Discouraging holidays to Spain is unlikely to be a political decision by the Scottish Govt. 

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Wha’s like us, eh???!! 

^^^ two weeks in the Bluebell Bar in Benidorm gone up in smoke

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

France allowing up to 5000 later this week with racecourses opening 1st to paying customers. Hope for my Arc trip yet.

Hamilton have already decided to hold their August 1st meeting behind closed doors, which suggests they know already absolutely no spectators will be allowed in by then.

They said they weren't able to guarantee social distancing if the usual number of spectators for what is their busiest day of the year were present.

I can't believe they honestly left it till 4 weeks before to recognise there was no way 10,000 spectators would be allowed in which is the giveaway for me that they have had a nod that the "limited spectators" part of Phase 3 isn't on the table until at least the 3rd of August.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Wha’s like us, eh???!! 

But at least you've not totally lost the head though. There's always that.

When it goes back to normal I will genuinely miss not being able to walk away from other dog walkers when walking the dog (Purely in the interests of pandemic safety)without looking like a p***k. I have not had to partake in shitey dog walker small talk for months now and it has been glorious.

This whole pandemic, if indeed that is truly what it is, just goes to show how Dictators get away with it. In general, the masses will literally bow to the word of authority regardless of how flimsy or contradictory the facts and science backing it is.

29 minutes ago, sjc said:

This whole pandemic, if indeed that is truly what it is, just goes to show how Dictators get away with it. In general, the masses will literally bow to the word of authority regardless of how flimsy or contradictory the facts and science backing it is.

STILL any legislation passed by Westminster at this point has absolutely zero parliamentary scrutiny. We're basically getting legislation enacted by Hancock decree. Absolutely no need for this to be the case any more. 

Is there more oversight in Hollywood does anyone know, or is it the same up here too? 

Phase 3 .today, which includes gyms. Something I've been missing.

Suspect it'll get the same treatment that the beer gardens got in phase 2 and be a few weeks off yet. 

Also a big day for grassroots football. Again it's going to be some dreadful watered down pish (2m. distancing etc etc). My wee boy plays for a team of about 12. Given under 11s need not distance and outdoor contact sports have been told they can resume from Monday, I see no reason why his football can't just pick up where it left off. Somehow, I know that won't be the case.

9 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
. Hope for my Arc trip yet.

I’m booked for Laytown in early September. Your odds are a lot shorter than mine.

6 hours ago, madwullie said:

Is there more oversight in Hollywood does anyone know, or is it the same up here too? 

<Obligatory Harvey Weinstein reference goes here>

10 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
10 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I toyed with Dieppe a week on Wednesday. Decided against as didin't feel it was right.