Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Seeing shite like this already, morons blaming the public instead of the government. A government who knew full well this is exactly what would happen, and are delighted it has, because it means morons like this guy will blame the people instead of the Tories if there’s a big spike. 
E197BBC1-B893-4D95-AA51-FCCE71659E45.thumb.jpeg.f75e9abeaf87c4a8a3742c65b7fe4b27.jpeg

I am sure that has been the Westminster Government plan for quite a while now. Make the guidelines so vague and open to interpretation.
I would not be at all surprised if the whole Cummings affair was all set up to cause a certain portion of the population to say ‘well if he won’t follow the rules why should I bother’.

Little England gets played like a flute by the Government and the best part of watching the show is they're too thick to know what's going on.

To sum it up it's like the Truman show but without Carey figuring it out as it goes.

11 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Seeing shite like this already, morons blaming the public instead of the government. A government who knew full well this is exactly what would happen, and are delighted it has, because it means morons like this guy will blame the people instead of the Tories if there’s a big spike. 

E197BBC1-B893-4D95-AA51-FCCE71659E45.jpeg

I'm quite happy blaming both, to be honest. 

25 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm quite happy blaming both, to be honest. 

I’d say 80% government, 20% people. When the government open back up pubs, reduce social distancing to 1m and bill it as ‘super Saturday’ I don’t think you can’t really blame the people a huge amount for... doing very close to what they’ve said.

22 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’d say 80% government, 20% people. When the government open back up pubs, reduce social distancing to 1m and bill it as ‘super Saturday’ I don’t think you can’t really blame the people a huge amount for... doing very close to what they’ve said.

Its impossible not to picture these decision making meetings in the context of the thick of it. 

A fucking Saturday. Surely to f**k there was someone in the room arguing against making it a Saturday. 

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

An astonishing (though when you stop to think about it, not that surprising) statistic

My wife was making the same point as she'd heard someone talking about how there was a hint of sexism about the desperation for pubs etc to open, but dingying industries like this.  Seemed like a bit of a reach at first, but it holds some weight.  Initially the thinking is that there's a lot more prolonged closer contact, but it's hard to argue that with a straight face when you see what people were doing down south on Saturday night.

13 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I am sure that has been the Westminster Government plan for quite a while now. Make the guidelines so vague and open to interpretation.
I would not be at all surprised if the whole Cummings affair was all set up to cause a certain portion of the population to say ‘well if he won’t follow the rules why should I bother’.

What would be the Government's motive in doing that?  

I think many are crediting them with too much intelligence - they are simply out of their depth and I doubt they could devise such a thing as an ulterior motive.  

I can understand the frustration of the slow move from lockdown that the Scot Gov seem to be taking but if it can help prevent the scenes from down South from happening then i'm all for it. For me a slow, structured re-opening is far better than a 'super-Saturday' approach. No issue with face masks/ coverings either, if the social distancing is reducing then this is a better time to bring in mandatory use as 'crowds' will be getting more common place.

I might be stupidly optimistic but i'm hoping that by the time the kids go back to school we can be pretty much back to some normality albeit with masks on public transport, no large crowds for now and monitoring of any 'outbreaks' to help the impact nationally.

I saw bubonic plague (aka “Black Death”) trending on Twitter. It seems cases have been discovered in China and folk are proclaiming half the world is going to be wiped out. Probably the usual scaremongering by social media sites but if it does become a thing, I hope China would have the sense to lockdown and stop people flying to other countries before it started to get out of hand. If only they’d done that in Dec/Jan 

13 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Since the announcement about mandatory face coverings from Friday, anecdotal evidence suggests usage is way up.

I'm just back from shopping and would have estimated 75%+ had a face covering and almost all were 'proper' masks.  

Yesterday I was working n id go as say maybe 20% ( maybe less) of customers wore face masks. Maybe being the new week it has changed however.

Proper masks didn't see that many either.

Got my own one for this evening and going forward. Company still with disposable ones unless something changes 

15 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Since the announcement about mandatory face coverings from Friday, anecdotal evidence suggests usage is way up.

The I'm just back from shopping and would have estimated 75%+ had a face covering and almost all were 'proper' masks.  

Total opposite for me, I’d say 75% of people look at people wearing face coverings like aliens are walking about.

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I saw bubonic plague (aka “Black Death”) trending on Twitter. It seems cases have been discovered in China and folk are proclaiming half the world is going to be wiped out. Probably the usual scaremongering by social media sites but if it does become a thing, I hope China would have the sense to lockdown and stop people flying to other countries before it started to get out of hand. If only they’d done that in Dec/Jan 

On a plus side medicine has moved on since the previous outbreaks and there are now copious amounts of antibiotics that can be used to treat that.  Saying that the US will now probably stockpile these leading to a shortage.

Fun times.