Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
I understand what you are saying, but I'm quite comfortable saying that it's absolutely bollocks that D&G has these restrictions unlike anywhere else, on the back of just eight cases in the last week.

It's clear to me that the focus has been lost on covid-19 from the "let's avoid people dying in hospital corridors" message in March to the current, unrealistic IMO, "ZOMG let's get covid free" message of today.

The vast majority of cases now will experience a dry cough and maybe a few sweaty nights. The recent hospital & ICU admissions data tells us this. It's incredible that we in Scotland are therefore content to allow these restrictions on our lives to soon continue into a fifth month for little reason other than to show how much we think Boris Johnson is a dick.

Based on the population at large I suspect you are largely correct on this. I don’t live in D&G so selfishly the restrictions have no day to day direct impact on me. Those in the region who I’ve spoken to (small number) seem unperturbed by the measures in place. My Dad’s care home ha been Covid free throughout this. I’d very much like that to remain the case and thus while I’m very disappointed even upset not to be visiting him as planned tomorrow I understand why the decision has been made. Presumably your view is that the chance of Covid getting into the home due to this local cluster has gone from incredibly small to a tiny bit more if any difference at all. I get that.

I also understand that they could just have extended the no visits to care homes and not impacted the wider population. Whether we agree or disagree with the actions taken these spikes of infection will impact on people which is I guess the point I was trying to make.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

No I was not on here to troll friend. I offered an old school opinion. Having just used the search through the site I see tons of as you would put 'homophobic' posts that have had of course not resulted in a ban. What he's done is to ban my account from posting under a so called warning whilst making it look like I'm still a member of the site before editing his post. It states on the regulations before joining that a user should receive numerous warning points before they are banned. Instead of allowing me to settle in I was banned after just one hour. Had a member expressed nationalist sentiments and used some sort of offensive term of course it would have been ignored. It appears any individual who goes against the deluded notioms of this sad site is banned by Mr Tynie and to wrong the 1985 British Open Champion of the Francisco family was a huge mistake fellow.

Nobody here wants to hear your “old school opinions” you absolute freak

17 minutes ago, The Silver Fish said:

No I was not on here to troll friend. I offered an old school opinion. Having just used the search through the site I see tons of as you would put 'homophobic' posts that have had of course not resulted in a ban. What he's done is to ban my account from posting under a so called warning whilst making it look like I'm still a member of the site before editing his post. It states on the regulations before joining that a user should receive numerous warning points before they are banned. Instead of allowing me to settle in I was banned after just one hour. Had a member expressed nationalist sentiments and used some sort of offensive term of course it would have been ignored. It appears any individual who goes against the deluded notioms of this sad site is banned by Mr Tynie and to wrong the 1985 British Open Champion of the Francisco family was a huge mistake fellow.

weak weakest link GIF

Sometimes you wonder why we even bother.   Surprised he even lasted an hour.  

Edited by Tynierose

19 minutes ago, The Silver Fish said:

Can't say I've noticed much homophobia on here apart from the occasional zoomers that are usually dispatched fairly quickly. 

10 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I understand what you are saying, but I'm quite comfortable saying that it's absolutely bollocks that D&G has these restrictions unlike anywhere else, on the back of just eight cases in the last week.

It's clear to me that the focus has been lost on covid-19 from the "let's avoid people dying in hospital corridors" message in March to the current, unrealistic IMO, "ZOMG let's get covid free" message of today.

The vast majority of cases now will experience a dry cough and maybe a few sweaty nights. The recent hospital & ICU admissions data tells us this. It's incredible that we in Scotland are therefore content to allow these restrictions on our lives to soon continue into a fifth month for little reason other than to show how much we think Boris Johnson is a dick.

I'd think the measures in place in D&G have a fair bit of politics wrapped up in their implementation, fine by me if it makes us take a bit more care than some of the halfwits down south when we try and return to normal. 

40 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Nobody here wants to hear your “old school opinions” you absolute freak

I knew Silvino Franciscos was an old snooker player but never knew he was South African, a cheat involved in a betting scandel and that he done 3 years for drug smuggling. An unsavoury character, just like his namesake on here.

1 hour ago, The Silver Fish said:

^^^ not enjoying the journey

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Think the last time I checked it was 50p per annum. 

So what! I believe that the price of their security isnae taken intae account cos that's an issue of national security.

What about next year everybody pay me 50p each then the following year I'll nominate whoever gets the next payment and so on.

It's only 50p and it would make me very happy.

Do you agree?

1 minute ago, Wee Willie said:

So what! I believe that the price of their security isnae taken intae account cos that's an issue of national security.

What about next year everybody pay me 50p each then the following year I'll nominate whoever gets the next payment and so on.

It's only 50p and it would make me very happy.

Do you agree?

Yes!

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Yes Willie, I got that. I brought up Prince William and quoted your last post as a means of continuing an earlier part of a conversation, rather than go back to your specific post about the names used to refer to members of the family. I think you know that. I thought given your view you'd have something to say about him exercising his privilege.

Never mind, it wasn't important.

I saw the headlines of that on the BBC website and I ignored it.

Now it's staring me in the face.