Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 hours ago, philpy said:

Lad from my work (21) has been meeting up at beach gatherings and going to house parties the last month or so.  

8 hours ago, philpy said:

I think you've missed the point. He's putting his workmates at severe risk. 

Shut up you sweetie wife.🙄

11 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It definitely is. I’m sure most places will follow and cancel fireworks/Christmas light switch ons and markets. Fcking Kilmarnock cancelled the light show that happens there in late Oct/Nov about 2 months ago which makes the Dundee decision seem more “reasonable” 😞

I hope you’ll be ok m8.

6 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

This is obvious.

The gripe I have with the SG is they repeatedly proclaim no Covid-19 related decisions at all are political in any way.

They don't want to own their decisions.

That’s just not true. Sturgeon made clear at Thursday’s briefing that a lot of the most recent changes were essentially policy decisions. E.g. the decision around reducing the 2m rules in certain situations, where the science is clear that it’s a higher risk but the SG have decided they need to balance the transmission risk with the economic risk. That’s their policy decision. 

Just because you don’t understand ‘the science’ that is informing those policy decisions and just because those decisions don’t suit your opinion doesn’t mean it’s wrong. 

Edited by VladimirMooc

7 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

This is obvious.

The gripe I have with the SG is they repeatedly proclaim no Covid-19 related decisions at all are political in any way.

Below is the transcript of what Nicola Sturgeon said regarding the 2m rule and the reopening of businesses. I can provide no stronger evidence to explain why what you have said is incorrect.

1.thumb.PNG.dea2af761ecca1ccca1f4066b2ed393c.PNG

2.thumb.PNG.3a1834c777264ce083a084a0951d8488.PNG

3.thumb.PNG.9e656bd458cd99a76f40c769c662ce75.PNG

4.PNG.49d49f1d16ba28d4a42d6fbe3e56d5ba.PNG

Austria currently has proportionately more cases than the UK at the moment (around 1.5x when adjusting for population). 

I see the Portuguese are pissed off that quarantine is applied to them currently. However they are currently seeing around 3x the amount of cases the UK is on a proportionate basis, based on the last few days. 

Their foreign affairs minister said this, per the BBC:

"It is quite absurd the UK has seven times more cases of Covid-19 than Portugal so we think this is not the way in which allies and friends are treated."

He is right that the UK has had 7x the amount of cases Portugal did, but these are past cases and not existing ones. In my view they are therefore irrelevant, even if you don't take into account the much larger population in the UK. You could make similar arguments about more cases from taly, Spain, France and even Germany, in which very few people would say say the outbreak was handled poorly. 

Watching telly this morning and hairdressers need to wear visors, but not masks to avoid spread via droplets. Surely the droplets will drop below the visor on to the customer.

Eta. In all the still pictures they are wearing masks, but they weren't earlier while on tv.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

35 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Watching telly this morning and hairdressers need to wear visors, but not masks to avoid spread via droplets. Surely the droplets will drop below the visor on to the customer.

‘Been away anywhere nice this year then?’

’Fcuking shut up and keep cutting’.

BA187EA3-F8B3-48D5-92AA-2E76750C40F0.jpeg

9 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

This is obvious.

Oh oh, snp defenders incoming.

I don't want to start a big argument, but I saw this picture from Austria on twitter and it has annoyed me slightly. Obviously we can't be out in Glasgow like this because the weather is pish, and we are not allowed outside with a beer after 10pm, but that's not really the point.

I don't understand how "the science" in Austria allows for this, but "the science" in Scotland seemingly requires us to remain parked on our arses at home, and does not allow for a person to enter another person's house or else children won't be able to go to school in 5½ weeks time. Not only that, but when "the science" will allow us to venture out to enjoy ourselves, we'll need to have perspex screens seperating us if we wish to be in the same postcode as someone outwith our household. It is surely the same science?

Personally I am tired of "the science" being used as a throwaway term by the likes of NS and JL to justify whatever disjointed bollocks they want to decide on on any given day.

[/url]  

20200704_001311.thumb.jpg.11ff9802c45de91aaeed9709961cfb2f.jpg

[/url]

Our aim is elimination there's and to that extent England's isnt. Ultimately eradication is an unattainable goal so elimination is the best we can hope for. No one knows who is right or wrong or even if there is a right or wrong. The problem with our current policy is maintaining the very good progress while loosening lockdown. I think the SG are being very naive if they think its feasible to maintain sub 10 new cases while opening pubs etc. They have to factor in a rise and not over react when it happens.

This is obvious.

To be fair I don't think that's the case - more that they don't want decisions to be seen as wholly political and then used as a stick to beat them with. It's the hypocrital nature of politics in this country - everything that the Scottish Government does is questioned by Britnats and has to be justified yet the same people do not apply the same standards to the UK government.