Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, doulikefish said:

"Fa bide in Ellon" not wha😉

A linguist! Merci und Danke

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Which posters, in particular, do you think are blindly showering the SG with praise? Roughly what %age of regular pro-independence supporters on this thread do you think they make up?

You're getting criticised because the little scenarios you paint bare no resemblance to reality. And it feels like you want to portray yourself as some kind of bizarre martyr for the truth amongst a sea of zealots. The first couple of times get a few eye rolls but then it's pointed out to you you're talking crap and you'll appear a few days laters saying exactly the same things.

He sounds like Todd is God who disnae ken the difference between voluntarily and involuntarily.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I couldn’t think of anything worse then going to the pub at 6am for a stale carling surrounded by balding fat gammons.

How about working in the local A&E a few hours later and trying to stitch the cúnts back together while their mates stagger around the department trying to start a "clap for our heroes"?

40 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

There are checks, and there are the current quarantine measures that the SG seem keen to maintain (an address where you will be and remain for the next 14 days).

With no such requirement in England, I can't see why this would then be recorded and, without it, how it could be enforced.

Sky news reporting that all arrivals from “amber” countries have to submit contact details.

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

The virus hasn't got a “99.8%” survival rate. Where I live the survival rate of recorded cases is sitting at abot 70%.

If you take the literal figures from Glasgow it's over a 25% fatality rate. 

You can't take any meaningful conclusion from the confirmed cases and death ratio. 

43 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

It'll be like a giant version of the Bo'ness Fair.

Shite Local Festivals thread for this pish

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

That's a quite incredible tweet from Devi Sridhar tbh. Effectively telling people that regardless of what the UK Gov say, Scottish families cannot go on holiday this summer, with the added carrot of this will ensure kids go back to school full time in August. That's fine, but A she can't personally deliver that promise and B, it's a dreadful look if the latter doesn't happen.

Really not sure why I'm supposed to give a single shiny shite about the weans getting back to school full time in August. Speaking quite unashamedly for myself right now the top priorities are travel (it's suposed to be July outside FFS), a pub that won't have some shan, constant booked out capacity and football in front of crowds this autumn. There's absolutely no reason why these cannot be granted (to green category countries) in the very near future given the levels of transmission. And you can punt the weans back into schools as well so everybody wins.

Edited by vikingTON

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

Speaking quite unashamedly for myself right now the to priorities are travel (it's suposed to be July outside FFS), a pub that won't have some shan, constant booked out capacity and football in front of crowds this autumn. There's absolutely no reason why these cannot be granted (to green category countries) in the very near future given the levels of transmission. And you can punt the weans back into schools as well so everybody wins.

Aye, true!

Of the 12 new cases today, 6 are in Forth Valley. Wondering if there's a local lockdown incoming there like in the eastern half of D&G.

(Edited to add, from those six, five are in Falkirk - sounds like a potential cluster on the go.)

Edited by Adamski

1 hour ago, FFCinthearea said:

Pubs can also convert their car parks into beer gardens without planning permission for 12 months.

A pub near me appears to have already converted the open air NCP next door to it to its beer garden. And a number of nearby doorways. 

9 minutes ago, Adamski said:

Of the 12 new cases today, 6 are in Forth Valley. Wondering if there's a local lockdown incoming there like in the eastern half of D&G.

(Edited to add, from those six, five are in Falkirk - sounds like a potential cluster on the go.)

I think it's important to not talk about a whopping 5 cases being a 'cluster'

D&G was being spoken about like it was ground zero for the end of the world yet, despite sending the armada to test shedloads of people, it has 0 cases in the last 24 hours, and just 7 in the last 7 days.

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

D&G was being spoken about like it was ground zero for the end of the world yet, despite sending the armada to test shedloads of people, it has 0 cases in the last 24 hours, and just 7 in the last 7 days.

Well, it is a cluster - but for me the reason to be optimistic is that case loads are low enough to be able to clearly identify it as such, and do contact tracing on it to isolate and stop it.

17 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It wasn't really though. They were just told not to go further than 5 miles for exercise, which seems a pretty proportionate response tbh

41 minutes ago, Adamski said:

182296977_2ahrxm(1).jpg.6b27995e3f57d2f694165fde088accde.jpg

Well, it is a cluster - but for me the reason to be optimistic is that case loads are low enough to be able to clearly identify it as such, and do contact tracing on it to isolate and stop it.

Yeah, I saw a lot of seethe yesterday about how ‘ten cases aren’t a cluster’ and that Sturgeon was somehow getting a kick out of keeping the five mile limit on poor Dumfries and Galloway.

If Test & Protect can identify clusters while they’re at ten cases, swoop in to test the workplaces/contacts of all involved with minimal extra restrictions added to the local area then we’re laughing. There will genuinely be no second wave.

Yeah, I saw a lot of seethe yesterday about how ‘ten cases aren’t a cluster’ and that Sturgeon was somehow getting a kick out of keeping the five mile limit on poor Dumfries and Galloway.

If Test & Protect can identify clusters while they’re at ten cases, swoop in to test the workplaces/contacts of all involved with minimal extra restrictions added to the local area then we’re laughing. There will genuinely be no second wave.
Aye. If we can continue with the luxury of considering a handful of cases a cluster, and nailing it, we will be doing well.

There are checks, and there are the current quarantine measures that the SG seem keen to maintain (an address where you will be and remain for the next 14 days).
With no such requirement in England, I can't see why this would then be recorded and, without it, how it could be enforced.
No there will be checks in England too just no quarantine.