Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

A top tip on twitter is to avoid engaging seriously with anyone who has a profile picture of anything other than themselves.

Or anyone with a flag in their handle. Doesn't matter which flag. The more flags, the more deranged the person is likely to be.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

A top tip on twitter is to avoid engaging seriously with anyone who has a profile picture of anything other than themselves.

I try to be as balanced as possible, and do follow (serious) people from all sides to try to get a broad view, but sometimes you end up in some spittle flecked hellscapes where loads of massively misinformed idiots are just shouting agreement at each other for holding their wildly incorrect views. It's at those moments I want out the most. 

nb I do have myself as a profile photo and no flags. 

4 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/106744329_1766240910201465_410740371487418224_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=701d3COROSAAX96oSEz&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=d41005a73bbe43e83fbe9d51cc1db61e&oe=5F25BF0F

Folk like this fluffy little kitten?

Are these actually real people who post this shit?

Ha yeah, there are loads of people out there who believe that mandatory masks is part of a huge global mind control conspiracy to, erm, make them wear masks on buses and in shops. 

4 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Or anyone with a flag in their handle. Doesn't matter which flag. The more flags, the more deranged the person is likely to be.

Twibbons are a good indication of this too. 

One twibbon = beware. 

More than one twibbon = probable mentalist. 

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

Ha yeah, there are loads of people out there who believe that mandatory masks is part of a huge global mind control conspiracy to, erm, make them wear masks on buses and in shops. 

Ha, Bill Gates has McGills and Arriva in his global conspiricy inner sanctum

Which posters, in particular, do you think are blindly showering the SG with praise? Roughly what %age of regular pro-independence supporters on this thread do you think they make up?
You're getting criticised because the little scenarios you paint bare no resemblance to reality. And it feels like you want to portray yourself as some kind of bizarre martyr for the truth amongst a sea of zealots. The first couple of times get a few eye rolls but then it's pointed out to you you're talking crap and you'll appear a few days laters saying exactly the same things.
Hang on, will just spend three days working all that out to justify your strawman argument.
This is when you can't even copy and paste what I've said in the post above and invent all sorts of things I've said while accusing me of inventing all sorts.
Seems really fair and reasonable.

7 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/106744329_1766240910201465_410740371487418224_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=701d3COROSAAX96oSEz&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=d41005a73bbe43e83fbe9d51cc1db61e&oe=5F25BF0F

Folk like this fluffy little kitten?

Are these actually real people who post this shit?

I do believe the wearing of masks is a bit overboard for something with a “99.8%” survival rate. I also think wearing them now when cases are so low is a bit backward. Seeing people out and about wearing masks reminds me of when I had to wear PPE in Feb to go and see my Dad in hospital before he passed away. That’s why I don’t like them or want to wear them, but needs must 

You just need to carefully read through the mask response by VT and the argument in the post afterwards to see that this is all pointless now. Theres a strong willingness to break all lockdown, return to normal and to criticise england while ignoring mistakes up here. Yes a few have picked up some but nearly all posts that call out the SG or NS or the SNP have been shut down with ill thought out counter arguments, whatabootery, insults and blind praise for anything scottish.
I'm annoyed at myself for feeding the trolls again tbh. Waste of time.
The posts that tend to be attacked are hyperbolic inaccurate pish from you.

You are a fucking armchair hindsight expert of the worst kind - rewriting history to suit your fucking narrative.

Following on from the mention of Bill Gates, would we all be taking the vaccine or would you “risk” going without it? 

For 99% of the population, a dodgy vaccine is a far bigger risk than Covid-19. I’m not an anti vaxxer by any means but I won’t be getting this vaccine for the same reason that I don’t get the flu jab, there’s simply no point in being vaccinated against a virus that’s completely harmless to me.

+12 cases (9.0)

+1 deaths (0.9)

Tbh I can't really see either of those 7 day averages moving a great deal lower.

The deaths figure can't move any lower until at least Tuesday anyway, and, tbh, if it hangs about 1 it's as good as irrelevant in the grand scheme of things (0.67% of expected all causes deaths each day).

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I do believe the wearing of masks is a bit overboard for something with a “99.8%” survival rate. I also think wearing them now when cases are so low is a bit backward. Seeing people out and about wearing masks reminds me of when I had to wear PPE in Feb to go and see my Dad in hospital before he passed away. That’s why I don’t like them or want to wear them, but needs must 

No one is asking you to buy a mask - it's a face covering - very simple to get hold of and wear for the short time you will be in a shop .  Wearing a face covering now in a shop will still help slow the spread - it is being brought in at a time when more people will be travelling to go  shopping (not just essentials) and at a time when the 2m guideline is being relaxed.

The BBC website was calling them masks in headlines yesterday and at the same time quoting NS alongside stating that it was face coverings

8 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Hang on, will just spend three days working all that out to justify your strawman argument.
This is when you can't even copy and paste what I've said in the post above and invent all sorts of things I've said while accusing me of inventing all sorts.
Seems really fair and reasonable.

Well if it's something that clearly bothers you so much, I'd have thought you'd be able to remember which posters you're even talking about. Most regular readers of this thread will be aware of your MO without having to pore over hundreds of previous pages looking for evidence.

The last 10 or so pages are littered with the same types of posts from you. A few pages back you even admitted to being like a "dog with a bone" when you get into these types of arguments.

If only there were multiple hundreds of millions of masks available in early March.

Tying a scarf, t-shirt or piece of cloth over your face is a relatively effective barrier. As has been said elsewhere, there are plenty of other countries in a similar position who made masks mandatory and who worked to produce them or obtain them. It was easily achievable.

Looking like I can get back to my fives game in mid-August with 10 guys who live in different households and work in different industries. We'll be surrounded by other pitches of 10 guys who live in different households and work in different industries.

Meanwhile eg Dundee can't play Dunfermline behind closed doors till October.

Doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The virus hasn't got a “99.8%” survival rate. Where I live the survival rate of recorded cases is sitting at abot 70%.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Looking like I can get back to my fives game in mid-August with 10 guys who live in different households and work in different industries. We'll be surrounded by other pitches of 10 guys who live in different households and work in different industries.

Meanwhile eg Dundee can't play Dunfermline behind closed doors till October.

Doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

I see your point, but most of us could go a lifetime without having to have Dundee play Dunfermline again

The virus hasn't got a “99.8%” survival rate. Where I live the survival rate of recorded cases is sitting at abot 70%.

You realise that there will be many, many unrecorded cases which are asymptomatic or very minor symptoms