Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Not really a surprise there's quite widespread resistance to masks when we've been told they had next to no benefit, only for a u-turn to be implemented several months later when the severity of the crisis had diminished substantially, is it? This wasn't just SAGE getting another thing wrong either - the WHO didn't recommend them either. 

I can't say I'm enamoured at that thought of wearing one but if it's what has to be done for certain things then fine. You can he fined £1000 in England for not wearing one on public transport, but i've yet to see an example of this being enforced. 

How long are people spending in shops that a mask is a major irritant for them? I'm 20 minutes in the supermarket on a Saturday and that's the only time I'm wearing a mask. 

Different for people working in the shops I suppose but I can't understand why it would be some sort of hellish experience for your average consumer (waddling wife in tow optional).

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

How long are people spending in shops that a mask is a major irritant for them? I'm 20 minutes in the supermarket on a Saturday and that's the only time I'm wearing a mask. 

Different for people working in the shops I suppose but I can't understand why it would be some sort of hellish experience for your average consumer (waddling wife in tow optional).

Its about half n hour for me....i used to wear one at work for about 8 hrs a day in total (taking it off for breaks) and it is an annoyance 

23 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Not really a surprise there's quite widespread resistance to masks when we've been told they had next to no benefit, only for a u-turn to be implemented several months later when the severity of the crisis had diminished substantially, is it? This wasn't just SAGE getting another thing wrong either - the WHO didn't recommend them either. 

I can't say I'm enamoured at that thought of wearing one but if it's what has to be done for certain things then fine. You can he fined £1000 in England for not wearing one on public transport, but i've yet to see an example of this being enforced. 

They knew full well that wearing masks especially in crowded areas indoors is better than not wearing one, but if everyone had tried to get hold of them at the beginning there wouldn't have been any left for front line hospital staff.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

They knew full well that wearing masks especially in crowded areas indoors is better than not wearing one, but if everyone had tried to get hold of them at the beginning there wouldn't be any left for front line hospital staff.

Why did they not just tell everyone to make their own?

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They knew full well that wearing masks especially in crowded areas indoors is better than not wearing one, but if everyone had tried to get hold of them at the beginning there wouldn't have been any left for front line hospital staff.

Surely hospital staff are wearing better masks than the ones most of the public are walking about in? 

Just now, Michael W said:

Surely hospital staff are wearing better masks than the ones most of the public are walking about in? 

The ones most of them wear outside surgery are exactly the same as the ones I got off ebay at the beginning, except the ear loops don't fall off like mine hopefully.

You get different grades, for ICU you would need highest grade possible.
For general non covid and normal hospital areas the paper masks would be used.

There's a shortage of the high grade type, my work is trying to get some more and they're on back order.

10 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Its about half n hour for me....i used to wear one at work for about 8 hrs a day in total (taking it off for breaks) and it is an annoyance 

Yeah, I worked in a clean room environment for a few years and I didn't mind the mask itself that much, though it got itchy if you had let your beard grow. More annoying was pitching the safety specs in such a way as to not steam up.

10 minutes ago, renton said:

Yeah, I worked in a clean room environment for a few years and I didn't mind the mask itself that much, though it got itchy if you had let your beard grow. More annoying was pitching the safety specs in such a way as to not steam up.

Having just acquired some masks and tried one on, the first thing I noticed was the steamy windows. 

Contacts at all times when mask wearing for me by the looks of it. 

I wore a standard surgical mask for a 2 hr 30 min train journey last weekend. Didn’t bother me at all. I’ve just bought a tartan mask so I can both comply by the rules and look fashionable at the same time. It will be interesting to see if the wool irritates my face.

People who are complaining about wearing masks are cretins. I would encourage people to get themselves a trendy mask, hit the town and own that mask.

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

Are black republicans like the remaining rump who still vote that way because Lincoln was a republican?

Also did Trump just learn recently that Lincoln was a republican, hence why he keeps mentioning him?

As a lady said on the radio this morning, you also get black Americans who believe in UFOs. 

As regards Trump I remember him saying something like "Did you know the Lincoln was a Republican? Nobody knows that."

4 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Are black republicans like the remaining rump who still vote that way because Lincoln was a republican?

Also did Trump just learn recently that Lincoln was a republican, hence why he keeps mentioning him?

Amusing that Biden stupifly said something along the lines of "If you ain't voting for me, you ain't black" and got hours of TV news coverage and had to issue an apology, yet trump wipes his arse with the stars and stripes and everyone just shrugs 

25 minutes ago, renton said:

Aye finding the "sweet" spot for the safety glasses or goggles was always a challenge 

14 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

This clownshoe has now made his way to a hospital bed after contracting Covid at Trumps rally in Tulsa. His stupidity has also infected 5 other folk.

Look on the bright side farage was there lets hope they met 

14 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

And your post is? You’ve just repeated half of what I’ve said for the sole purpose of getting green dots by turning it into a gaslighted attack.

All of my posts, every one of them, are overblown? Ok buddy. Whatever.

You use gaslighting here and about your workplace.  You’ve grabbed onto a term and decided you’re a victim.

In reality you don’t have a clue what it’s like to be in a situation where you’re being gas lighted.

Stop acting the perma victim.

Edited by RH33