Coronavirus (COVID-19)

16 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

I don't think face masks right from the start would have done any harm but I do see more value in them now. 

Restrictions are being relaxed. We aren't as socially distant now as we were. 

We've gone from one period of outdoor exercise a day and stick to interaction with only those from the same household to non essential shops now open, beer gardens opening and, all being well, from next weekend being actually being able to meet up with people from other households indoors, albeit with restrictions. 

We are now living in much closer proximity to other people hence the increased need for face masks. 

I also wonder if we had been wearing face masks from the start we may collectively now be fed up doing so with compliance dropping at a time when the need for them would be at the greatest. 

Yep when folk were in shops the vast majority of people were in there and out as quickly and efficiently as possible. 

Now non essential shops are open folk will be in browsing and looking rather than just nipping in picking up a couple of tins of beans, some onions and toilet roll. 

Edited by Have some faith in Magic

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Fat CuntFat CuntFat CuntFat CuntFat CuntFat CuntFat CuntFat CuntFat CuntFat CuntFat CuntFat CuntFat CuntFat CuntFat CuntFat CuntFat Cunt

I am physically incapable of reading this.

Me neither. Just looks like a load of pictures of Garry O’Connor.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

And your post is? You’ve just repeated half of what I’ve said for the sole purpose of getting green dots by turning it into a gaslighted attack.

All of my posts, every one of them, are overblown? Ok buddy. Whatever.

6C5359DF-511F-4CE1-8C1F-39FBB148D9AE.gif

2 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Wee Jeanie's Village Store in Ellon has it sorted :

IMG-20200702-WA0001.jpg

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I can accept that my opinion is biased based on some bad apples,  but Doric makes me cringe like f**k

I’ve lived in Scotland all my life and I struggle to make sense of most of that sign. Is Ellon a hotbed for tourists from out with Scotland? 😬

There is an argument for now. The measures have driven the levels in Scotland low however to drive them lower requires further steps. It gets harder to continue the downward trend the lower it gets. It's a bit like losing weight. You diet and exercise and that gets you to a level but to get down below that needs calories cut further and exercise upper. The stated aim is elimination or unrealistically eradication. That requires more than we had been doing but at the same time loosening the lockdown. It's a measure they have kept up their sleeve so to speak for the final push.

I don't think face masks right from the start would have done any harm but I do see more value in them now. 
Restrictions are being relaxed. We aren't as socially distant now as we were. 
We've gone from one period of outdoor exercise a day and stick to interaction with only those from the same household to non essential shops now open, beer gardens opening and, all being well, from next weekend being actually being able to meet up with people from other households indoors, albeit with restrictions. 
We are now living in much closer proximity to other people hence the increased need for face masks. 
I also wonder if we had been wearing face masks from the start we may collectively now be fed up doing so with compliance dropping at a time when the need for them would be at the greatest. 

These do well to sum up what I think about the masks. Can’t believe the amount of folk wetting their knickers over now having to wear masks instead of a couple of months ago. Back then we didn’t necessarily need masks because we should have all been observing the social distancing rules. Now the rules are being relaxed and places are opening up then yes, we should now wear masks because the ability to appropriately socially distance ourselves may be affected.

I’ve lived in Scotland all my life and I struggle to make sense of most of that sign. Is Ellon a hotbed for tourists from out with Scotland? [emoji51]
It's doric though. It's got its own history and stuff. I quite like hearing it - but like everyone else that sign is fucking murder to read.

576 new cases in the UK today is a pretty solid decrease.
89 deaths is (I think) the first weekday double figure number since March.
Further good news i suppose.

But i still don't understand the difference in new cases between Scotland and England.

Surely at least 500 of those are in England, with less than 10 in Scotland. That's a huge disparity. This should be getting asked of boris and co at every opportunity.

9 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Yep when folk were in shops the vast majority of people were in there and out as quickly and efficiently as possible. 

Now non essential shops are open folk will be in browsing and looking rather than just nipping in picking up a couple of tins of beans, some onions and toilet roll. 

Yeah this never actually happened though.

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

And your post is? You’ve just repeated half of what I’ve said for the sole purpose of getting green dots by turning it into a gaslighted attack.

All of my posts, every one of them, are overblown? Ok buddy. Whatever.

Listen. You’re not being attacked. If you post a lot of shite you need to expect to be called out on it. You go on about people picking on you, it’s not that, it’s just that the majority of your posts are bullshit and they get challenged. Stop posting nonsense, and you’ll stop being challenged. 

8 hours ago, bernardblack said:

IMG_3900.jpg

The state of this.

Phoned up the devolved governments 30mins before the announcement to ask them to approve the list of countries....quite rightly got told to gtf by the devolved governments...what a shambles 

The mask thing is being politicised both here and in the states. It's masks = Nationalist / Democrat v no masks = Unionist / Republican. It's totally fucking unbelievable but unfortunately a sad indictment of where we are today that a simple public health measure is being blown out of all proportion. It is beyond dispute they do more good than harm no matter how small that good may be depending on who's expert you believe. It no hardship and also gives comfort to millions who have underlying issues who are genuinely concerned of the consequences if they catch this. The "I'm alright Jack's " that think those people should just vegetate at home for X years until we get a virus need to take a long hard look at themselves. Everyone deserves a life and shielding is no life. If it requires masks to get those people back to a modicum of normality then it's a tiny tiny sacrifice that we can all help with.

19 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The mask thing is being politicised both here and in the states. It's masks = Nationalist / Democrat v no masks = Unionist / Republican. It's totally fucking unbelievable but unfortunately a sad indictment of where we are today that a simple public health measure is being blown out of all proportion. It is beyond dispute they do more good than harm no matter how small that good may be depending on who's expert you believe. It no hardship and also gives comfort to millions who have underlying issues who are genuinely concerned of the consequences if they catch this. The "I'm alright Jack's " that think those people should just vegetate at home for X years until we get a virus need to take a long hard look at themselves. Everyone deserves a life and shielding is no life. If it requires masks to get those people back to a modicum of normality then it's a tiny tiny sacrifice that we can all help with.

Yep just spent a frustrating 15 minutes scrolling through the fb BBC news announcement about face coverings. The exact same nonsense (even to the extent of quoting) being peddled that is published on right leaning websites in the US by complete fruit loops. Soon as they are called out they accuse people of being sheep, then post breitbart article after breitbart article "proving" that masks aren't effective / are for population control / actually kill you because you're breathing CO2. It's really fucking depressing tbh. There's no talking to these people - me of ten year ago would have got my sleeves up and wired right in but I'm so tired of arguing with idiots on the Internet, now it just gets me down instead of angry. 

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Yep just spent a frustrating 15 minutes scrolling through the fb BBC news announcement about face coverings. The exact same nonsense (even to the extent of quoting) being peddled that is published on right leaning websites in the US by complete fruit loops. Soon as they are called out they accuse people of being sheep, then post breitbart article after breitbart article "proving" that masks aren't effective / are for population control / actually kill you because you're breathing CO2. It's really fucking depressing tbh. There's no talking to these people - me of ten year ago would have got my sleeves up and wired right in but I'm so tired of arguing with idiots on the Internet, now it just gets me down instead of angry. 

They are my fav "masks kill you" type of people,then i ask them why are all the surgeons still alive? Just for the shits n giggles 

Listen. You’re not being attacked. If you post a lot of shite you need to expect to be called out on it. You go on about people picking on you, it’s not that, it’s just that the majority of your posts are bullshit and they get challenged. Stop posting nonsense, and you’ll stop being challenged. 
I think that's fair, have previous for this.
Its due to a situation where my mental health has been messed up due to a denial of the truth and I'm like a dog with a bone when I get in an arguement and it feels like going back to that situation again.
Apologies, will try to stop doing it.