Coronavirus (COVID-19)

31 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Annan and Gretna local measures ???

Pretty pleased with this. It shows they are able to monitor even to a small level (10 cases?) and are willing to take measures needed at that point, rather than waiting until a full lockdown a la Leicester is required. 

All people are asking you for is for you to put a number on what you think is low enough, why can't you do this?
You clearly think 9.7 cases / 0.7 deaths is too high, and have dismissed claims you want 0 / 0
So what do you think we need to get to?
Those levels are fine, if scotland was an island then yes like new Zealand open up.
Unfortunately england has stopped that from happening to an extent.
The levels are a bit pointless if we are just letting in tourists from anywhere and also letting our citizens fly to and from areas with higher rates.
I don't have all the answers just that I do know that a few weeks can make all the difference. No idea how to reopen scotland and keep infections out while allowing free travel. It seems counter productive.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Those levels are fine, if scotland was an island then yes like new Zealand open up.
Unfortunately england has stopped that from happening to an extent.
The levels are a bit pointless if we are just letting in tourists from anywhere and also letting our citizens fly to and from areas with higher rates.
I don't have all the answers just that I do know that a few weeks can make all the difference. No idea how to reopen scotland and keep infections out while allowing free travel. It seems counter productive.

The answer to that is to ban travel from other areas of the UK. Not allow travel and stop Scotland moving forward.

All people are asking you for is for you to put a number on what you think is low enough, why can't you do this?
You clearly think 9.7 cases / 0.7 deaths is too high, and have dismissed claims you want 0 / 0
So what do you think we need to get to?
I think the argument when it boils down to "acceptable" numbers for easing measures is that it's the current measures that are driving the numbers to where they are. It would be extremely surprising but equally welcome if the easing of measures didn't lead to a slight rise however no one knows hence the need to ease the measures incrementally and gradually. We can judge in 4 or 5 weeks once hospitality has reopened for a while with the slightly amended SD rules.

3 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

But that's the problem. These cnuts can do what they want, when they want with the taxpayers money.

I meant the referral to the individuals as Lizzie, Charlie etc. We get it, you don't respect them, you illustrate it by calling them by common names.

The issue of how Prince Charles treated is a tiny issue in the grand Covid fūck up and the merits, or otherwise,  of the Monarchy is for another argument.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

We can judge in 4 or 5 weeks once hospitality has reopened for a while with the slightly amended SD rules.

Not if we followed DAFC's method of not reopening them we couldn't

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Yip. So who are we all going to catch the virus from now that the R rates are down and the estimated number of cases in the community is so low?

I'm a bloke on the internet. I know nothing. I think listening to professionals who have made this their life study is a better idea than listening to other random blokes on the internet.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Scotland is great, nobody tests like we do. England is rubbish.

Sounds a bit like trump.

The only reason scotland has done better is down to less people and a longer lockdown. Yes the track and trace will have helped but to say its somehow better than England is tub thumping nonsense.

You're having a fucking nightmare here m8.

They are opening cinema's, shops, pubs and restaurants all of which are inside. Then surely there is scope for arguments sake letting 1500 people into a ground that holds 10,000. Most grounds have 4 stands/open terraces that can be used to spread out people and one way systems will be put into place.  The biggest issue would be everyone leaving at the full time which would need a bit of planning. At the end of the day you are stood/sat outdoors.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but now with the 5 mile restrictions lifted and the ability to travel to a second home if facilities are not shared as of tomorrow would this mean I can travel to my parents house from my flat and stay over? The house and it's rooms are of a big enough size to socially distance and they only ever use their own on suite and never the main bathroom.

I don't want to go full on Dominic Cummings here and take my own interpretation of the rules but I'm a bit confused by this. I don't know if I'm maybe trying to bend the "second home" part to my own situation though. I've checked the route map and still no clearer.

45 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
49 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Shop workers should have been wearing them all that time, many have been. In no circumstances can the wearing of a mask be described as a slap in the face, it's a logical prevention step. Clearly the Scottish public require to be "telt" and making it mandatory makes sense.

The only person who needed to be telt about this was - as ever - the Scottish Government's clinical director Jason Leitch:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52149139

Prof Leitch said that face coverings were helpful for health care workers as they are in close contact with infectious patients.

However he suggested the Scottish government would not advise the general population to wear masks.

He said: "There is a cultural tradition in Asia to do it. That is principally because they have had airborne viruses in the past.

"This virus is not airborne - it has to be spread by droplets - hence the social distancing, the hand-washing.

"All of that is about keeping the droplets away from person-to-person spread.

"If this were in the air then the instructions would be very different, but it's not - so masks in the general population are not helpful."

He said "The global evidence is masks in the general population don't work."

Just the two months of everybody's time wasted while this clownshoes figure completed his latest, humiliating about-face. 

Edited by vikingTON