Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Decided to hold off watching the news until 10pm. Hearing of all these job loses is absolutely tragic. In years to come people will say the over 3 month lockdown did more harm than good

Oh, do f**k off. 

7 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

that's shite to hear.

Meh. A few months pay to scratch my arse and catch up on some sleep isn’t the worst prospect. I feel sorry for the incumbents that will inevitably have to do my work as well as their own now that I’ve been punted.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

43 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Decided to hold off watching the news until 10pm. Hearing of all these job loses is absolutely tragic. In years to come people will say the over 3 month lockdown did more harm than good

Mark my words...don't say I didn't warn you...don't come crying to me...I hate to say I told you so...if you'd listened to me...

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Aye, that will be item three on the agenda after the faked moon landing and Madeline hiding behind a grassy knoll

1 hour ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Remember all the talk of useless middle management getting canned when Furlough gets pulled back?

Well, I got binned yesterday. Vital member of the operation, I was too. 👀 

Don't worry, they won't last long without a Simpsons gif artiste on call. 

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Bobby George goes radge over street lock down.

Paula Meadows

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-53247817

Fucking idiots. There's got to be a cut off point somewhere, but just you get out the standard Well how are they going to police it line, completely missing the point 

Fucking idiots. There's got to be a cut off point somewhere, but just you get out the standard Well how are they going to police it line, completely missing the point 
Unfortunately local reporters absolutely lap up these moon howlers.

Guest JTS98
11 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Tangent I know, but I imagine they would be insured.

There was an article in (I think) The Guardian yesterday about how sport events like Wimbledon are now unable to get insurance that covers pandemics. The insurance companies have simply taken that off the table.

So, any sporting event planned for after 2021 (most contracts apparently up till then will have this) won't be insured for this. Interesting to see how sports bodies plan for this. Higher ticket prices? Scaled back tournaments? No idea.

Lost track a wee bit of late. What can we expect from NS today? Is phase 3 due?

Radio Tay seem to think she’s going to give an update regarding 2m social distancing.

58 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

There was an article in (I think) The Guardian yesterday about how sport events like Wimbledon are now unable to get insurance that covers pandemics. The insurance companies have simply taken that off the table.

So, any sporting event planned for after 2021 (most contracts apparently up till then will have this) won't be insured for this. Interesting to see how sports bodies plan for this. Higher ticket prices? Scaled back tournaments? No idea.

They'll probably do what Trump does for his rallies.

By clicking register below, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending the Rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.; BOK Center; ASM Global; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.

12 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I do think there's an argument that because we left it so late to lockdown it was pretty much pointless.
If we had locked down two weeks earlier then, according to scientists, we would have had a quarter of the deaths.
I wonder what the figure would have been with a partial or local lockdowns plus more testing and tracing?
The government has failed and misled us on just about everything.

We weren't able to test and trace at the start. Or even halfway through, afair.

Aye, few days ago I'd have bet on us following the English route with that but now I'm not so sure we will. We should IMO.

I think it’ll be a case of 1m distancing will come into place within a week, and face coverings are now a requirement for all shops, if you don’t wear one they have a right to refuse entry.